General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fits are everywhere!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 AM
in my neighborhood...four blocks in a row have a fit parked on the street. my black sport, a red sport, a silver sport, and a silver base.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
i think a lot of this is based on location. i live in IL, so when i go to chicago, i'll see AT LEAST 5-10 fits on the highway.

but now that i'm working in milwaukee, i've been seeing nothing but scion xds and yarises (yarii?), barely any fits at all up there.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by krzy
i think you notice it more because you have one yourself. it's like me every time i see either a nissan maxima or nissan 240sx.
That's right, yo. Kinda like when people say "women are such bad drivers" and notice it all the time. It's 'cause you're looking for it. We did it in AP Psych last year. :b Forgot the term for it.

I do remember the mere exposure effect, though, which states that the more often you see something, the better it looks. I mean, the Fit looks like sex on wheels to me nowadays!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Eh, I don't mind that there are more Fits out there but it seems like very few Fit drivers are enthusiastic about their cars. I was driving alongside another BOM Fit yesterday for a good 2 miles and she never even looked over from her cell phone call to notice another BOM next to her.

Most Fit drivers just buy them because they are economical and reliable.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Dangit, I got duped again! Yesterday coming home I drove alongside another MR sport, this one had NJ plates. I thought, 'hey, they obviously like driving their Fit, they'll probably wave'. I wave as I pass them and again, the woman in the passenger seat looked at me like I had horns coming out of my head. The husband (driver) didn't even look. Too focused on the crappy CO drivers I guess...

Maybe I'll honk then wave. lol I won't really do that but the thought crossed my mind.

Originally Posted by coupdetat
Most Fit drivers just buy them because they are economical and reliable.
^^^I think you said it best.

Last edited by Fitzy; 07-31-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Man, whenever I am in LA there are Fits everywhere. I saw a white jdm conversion last time too in Hacienda Heights/Rowland area. Whenever I am there I see like 6 fits on the road and I only drive for 30 minutes a day lol.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Fitzy
I felt really stupid yesterday when I waved at the Fit next to me while at a stop light. The passenger looked at me like I was a stalker and then she turned her head the other way. The other driver wasn't even paying attention. That's probably the 4th or 5th time I have waved at other Fit drivers with no response.

Oh well.

Perhaps I'll try the thumbs-up method next time.

Same here! Each and every time I wave I get a look like I'm the Joker and want to eat their kids.

When I had a Land Rover Defender, we ALL waved at each other. Sure Defenders were few and far between, but there was a tremendous sense of commoradory amongst owners.

--D

Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
My block has 3 VBP (included mine) and ~10+ in my neighborhood.

Another VBP with Penn plate and Red(NY) where I work.

Last edited by cph81; 07-31-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rockrover
Same here! Each and every time I wave I get a look like I'm the Joker and want to eat their kids.

When I had a Land Rover Defender, we ALL waved at each other. Sure Defenders were few and far between, but there was a tremendous sense of commoradory amongst owners.

--D

Hi! I have a modded '96 D1 5-speed and lead trails for Solihull Society here in CO. Yep, very much a LR enthusiast and probably the reason why I habitually wave to other Fit owners, too! Sorry to hear you don't have the D anymore- was it a 90 or a 110? Please do tell!! Ever go to the LRNR? Maybe we met. Ever visit DWeb? There's a funny thread on there right now about one of the members looking to get a Honda, but not a Fit. It's too funny.

I've met some great folks from the SW Rover's club, too. Small world. Ha, you should see the Fit parked next to the rover- it's like Harold and Maude, or Jekyll and Hyde, or something...

Ok, so I literally just got back from the store and saw a brand new base VBP, he even got it at the same dealership as me. Guess what, he didn't wave. Oy...

Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Fitzy,

Yes! Small world indeed. My name is Doug Marbourg. Back in the dark-ages, circa 98' 99' I lead trails for the Nat Rally. I was a trail leader on the Red-River Rally and the Crested Butte rally's. I was the guy that did the 'expert' run up Mnt. Blanka during Red River....Good times.

Anyway, my Defender is now a Hendrix chassis based rock-buggy. The old drive train (motor, trans, t-case) is now in the tube-chassis. Much more my style nowadays, though I sure miss ELCABRO!

I plan on being in Moab in September. I won't have the Fit with me but I will have a black "rover-buggy" towed by a silver CTD Dodge. Stop by and say hi! I'll be hanging with the PPR guy's, Ed Meggofin, John Tisdale etc...

<PM Highjack off>

--D