General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My letter to Weapon R

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Update! New header was shipped and received by Sam. Received a call that the header doesn't fit. We aren't really sure why it didn't fit. We had to issue a second call tag(cost money) to pick up the header. We issued a call tag previous which was canceled because the header wasn't ready(cost us money again). We shipped the new header to him(cost us money). What im trying to point out is we tried to do the correct thing when we really didnt have to,and we lost 3 amounts of shipping for nothing. Also lost money on making the new header for Sam. From this experience Weapon-R will no longer do anything for warranty unless its from the original owner and shipping prepaid to send items back.

When we receive the new one back we will have a Fit come in and we will install it. Post pictures of the out come as well.

Weapon-R really just feels disappointed that it went this far and the new header we spent time and money to ship to Sam doesn't seem to fit!

Have a good day everyone...

Thanks to the person who opened the thread so we can be allowed to respond. (not sure why it was locked)

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cee_dub2003
Update! New header was shipped and received by Sam. Received a call that the header doesn't fit. We aren't really sure why it didn't fit. We had to issue a second call tag(cost money) to pick up the header. We issued a call tag previous which was canceled because the header wasn't ready(cost us money again). We shipped the new header to him(cost us money). What im trying to point out is we tried to do the correct thing when we really didnt have to,and we lost 3 amounts of shipping for nothing. Also lost money on making the new header for Sam. From this experience Weapon-R will no longer do anything for warranty unless its from the original owner and shipping prepaid to send items back.

When we receive the new one back we will have a Fit come in and we will install it. Post pictures of the out come as well.

Weapon-R really just feels disappointed that it went this far and the new header we spent time and money to ship to Sam doesn't seem to fit!

Thanks to the person who opened the thread so we can be allowed to respond. (not sure why it was locked)
I dont think that it didnt Fit, I think that the 1 piece header he got required the dropping of the subframe, which he didnt want to completely remove. Well that is what I understand from the other thread.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
This is the greatest thead ever.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Woooohooo for finding out absolutely nothing.......

Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator

He didnt ship the old header back because he didnt receive the new one first? Why should Sam have to do double the work because of a poor design?
What you should have did was sent him the new one, he would have installed it and sent the old one back in the original box that the new one came in with a pre paid sticker in the box. Done deal.

And you lost money making the new header? You welded a stocked header together? Big deal.... Thats like $25 at an exhaust shop, and the welds would look better.

And welding the header doesnt do anything besides stop the leaks. Depending on what angle the 2nd half sits determines how much the rest of the exhaust hits. So welding it is basically a bad move unless Sam's car was at your shop.

All that wont stop the header from hitting the rack. It would probably make it worse.
The only fix would PROBABLY be a torque dampener. (which Ive been saying) But for $400-$500 for a header it should fit with no problems.

Also, you saying that Sam's header missing the brackets causes the leak is bull. My brackets were there and my header leaked bad.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 08-13-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I closed this thread per Sam's requests.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member

You made it sound like i DIDNT want it to fit. I spent 4 hours taking the 2 piece off and trying endlessly to put the one piece on.I called you and all you said was "Just drop the subframe a bit, it's four bolts, let it drop slide it in and tighten it back up." Much easier said than done.

And you lost THREE shipping cost? I believe it was yourself that said that the first call tag was a mistake made by your accountant; that it was generated too early. You sent your header out on wednesday, thursday evening a UPS guy was already at my house trying to pick up the 2 piece when the 1 piece you sent me wont get to my house until a week later. The first and last were courtesy of you and I thank you for that. But don't try to put it on me for your accountant's/your mistake.

You can put up as many pictures as you like, the simple fact is the geometry is just not right. Putting the stock cat pipe back on, I saw how much room Honda give between the pipe and the steering rack. I dont know what made your R&D guy think that if that was any closer that it wont hit. The engine MOVES back and forth when it's running and changing gears. Oh and then suggesting that a engine damper would stop that problem after i told YOU that first?genious...

Read your last paragraph again, why do you think it didn't fit? Was it my fault that I did not want to drop the crossmember any further? Rather than taking a closer look at the two piece design and thinking of ways to make it actually work, you weld the two piece together and expect the customer to have a much harder installation.

Look the fact of the matter is, I thank you for your effort by sending a 2nd hand owner a different header and giving me the time of day. But seriously, were you aware of this problem before I said anything about it? Up until a week ago, I was the only one that had purchased this header and has it actually on their car. Others has either sold it or just have it sitting around.

I feel disappointed too, trust me. I had to bother my friend because I don't really have much tools, switch my work schedule around, and doing this multiple times and have nothing to show for it at the end.

You want to make a better name for WeaponR? MAKE A BETTER PRODUCT..that's it. Installing that one piece header and proving it to everyone won't do anything.

MAKE A PRODUCT THAT ACTUALLY FITS AND PERFORMS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO.

Last edited by sam21; 08-14-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I am Ray! I see you are a super moderator. It could have been nice to notify me that the thread was closing. We wanted to at least give our side of the update. Thats why i pm'd another mod asking why it was closed. isn't this a discussion forum! Also have you seen the header we sent Sam then please dont comment that its just a stocked header and welded together. We actually shortened it and rewelded it in 2 places to try to correct the issue that you guys are having. Also with "welds looking better" again have you seen the welds, are you a welder?

Sam! Sorry we lost 2 shipping cost on the header. Also we were not aware of the header having the problem hitting the rack when the vehicle is being used.
When the 1 piece comes back we will make a video of the install.

Why wouldn't installing the header prove anything?

I have a show car myself too. So i do understand that every aftermarket company isn't perfect. I too have delt with many ups and downs. So i do understand how many times you have tried to make this work.

Ray!
- The WeaponR RaceHeader is a Piece -

Thanks for the support.!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
So is this gonna ge an actual thread where other people can post or is it just going to be Sam and Weapon*R talking to each other? If we're just going to delete posts then we might as well delete this whole damn thread and let them handle it normally via PMs or email like it should have been done initially.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Start posting shit that's relevant to the topic and maybe you won't have that problem. You keep trolling in here and posting stupid shit and you complain that you can't say anything. I don't see anyone else doing that and you know what?I don't see anyone else's post get deleted either.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
So is this gonna ge an actual thread where other people can post or is it just going to be Sam and Weapon*R talking to each other? If we're just going to delete posts then we might as well delete this whole damn thread and let them handle it normally via PMs or email like it should have been done initially.

Calm down... You have a weapon R STREET header. This thread is for the RACE header. Feel free to start a street header thread. I deleted the posts because it obviously caused tension, and you probably didnt see what was posted. But Sam you need to calm down as well. I am leaveing this thread open so weapon r and other who have the RACE header can respond. But as far as i know only Ray and Sam had the header installed.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Despite the frustrations expressed here I am glad to see that the lines of communication are open and you guys have come up with a resolution.

There are a lot of companies that would have just walked away from something like this; a good example is K&N with their typhoon intake.

It is expensive and costly for both sides when fitment issues come up unexpectedly so being patient and understanding is key to resolving things for the benefit of both sides.

The fact of the matter is when a new product is released there is always a possibility of fitment issues despite the manufactures best attempts to minimize it. It doesn't mean they haven’t done their research and how a company responds to issues like this is what builds their reputation.

I would like think thank WeaponR personally as through private channels my EGR issue with the manifold I have has now been been fully resolved. They are sending a new manifold (production manifold) in exchange for my early release one which I had the opportunity to install way before the pre-orders. Once it arrives I will be swapping it and shipping back the old one to them, I placed a deposit on my credit card as collateral while I have two manifolds in hand.

I understood from the beginning that there could be fitment issues, I was able to identify the communicate to them and they made adjustments to the final production model as a result. I am happy to have been a part of this process and absorbing some installation costs was to be expected. Looking at the bigger picture, as a result other people will have a higher quality product that has been field tested.

Basically although this is a heated situation at the moment keep in mind it could be much worse. Go back and read the K&N thread with Manxman and how they abandon our FF members cold in the end.

Thanks WeaponR for your continued support and doing the right thing when push comes to shove, it has not gone unappreciated.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Just curious, but did the original purchaser of this exhaust have the same problems when he/she owned it?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i dont think the original owner ever installed it.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
Start posting shit that's relevant to the topic and maybe you won't have that problem. You keep trolling in here and posting stupid shit and you complain that you can't say anything. I don't see anyone else doing that and you know what?I don't see anyone else's post get deleted either.
You told them to make a product that fits and works the way it's supposed to. I was letting everyone know that they do make a product that fits and works the way it's supposed to. Is it the one that's the topic of this thread? No. However based on your bold and broad statement that they don't make anything that works or fits right, I find it incredibly on-topic to point out that your statement was false. If you only want positive opinions about your problem then coming to an internet forum was the wrong idea. People disagree with each other all the time on this forum and I'm not sure why I get tons of slack when I do it because I'm one of the few people who think this whole situation is incredibly wrong and childish.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I am Ray! I see you are a super moderator. It could have been nice to notify me that the thread was closing. We wanted to at least give our side of the update. Thats why i pm'd another mod asking why it was closed. isn't this a discussion forum! Also have you seen the header we sent Sam then please dont comment that its just a stocked header and welded together. We actually shortened it and rewelded it in 2 places to try to correct the issue that you guys are having. Also with "welds looking better" again have you seen the welds, are you a welder?

Sam! Sorry we lost 2 shipping cost on the header. Also we were not aware of the header having the problem hitting the rack when the vehicle is being used.
When the 1 piece comes back we will make a video of the install.

Why wouldn't installing the header prove anything?

I have a show car myself too. So i do understand that every aftermarket company isn't perfect. I too have delt with many ups and downs. So i do understand how many times you have tried to make this work.

Ray!
- The WeaponR RaceHeader is a Piece -

Thanks for the support.!
I closed the thread for reasons such as this. But since its open I guess I can keep posting.

No, I never saw the header. Sam did tell me it was a tad shorter. So that may stop the rest of the exhaust hitting. I doubt it though as the flexpipe caused the problem also.
As for my sig.... Why would I support a product that doesnt fit and caused problems?
Remember you asked me to Email you pics? Well... I did and I got no response from you. I realize that Im was the 2nd owner of the header but you acted as if you were going to do something about it as you did for Sam.

I even found the original owners name, lucky me it was his email address.
The guy I bought my header off had it installed for less then an hour. He claimed it made the exhaust too loud but I can bet money on it that he removed it due to poor fitment.

No one wants to drive around with rattles and exhaust leaks. I did it for 3 months and couldnt take it anymore.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by ProMed
Just curious, but did the original purchaser of this exhaust have the same problems when he/she owned it?
The original owner of Sam's header couldnt not install it as the holes for the flange that meets the head didnt even line up.

Mine was installed and removed due to bad fitment. Then I bought it and kept it on my car for 3 months.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
i dont think the original owner ever installed it.
The real problem is that theres roughly a hand full of people with the WeaponR RaceHeader.
I only know of 3-4 on this WHOLE site.

One of them doesnt even post anymore. He just disappeared.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
At this point I agree with Arisenfury this should be brought to other matters of communication and the thread should be reopened when we actually have results from Weapon R* or a video of the install as he said so we can see the end result of all this confusions and rigamarow.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I almost wish I didnt sell mine. Id love to make a vid of the problems it had.
ALMOST wish.... almost.

Quick Reply: My letter to Weapon R