General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Stock Alarm Question

Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Stock Alarm Question

So Ive been parking my car outside by work on the street instead of the parking structure latey because the parking structure itself is a 10 min walk, and I started to notice this week that after work when I turn off the alarm on my car, it beeps more than 2 times.

It beeped 3 times on two separate days, and a couple days after that it beeped 4 times. I also noticed that the blue light inside contiunes to blink even after I'm inside and the alarm is off. Is this something I should be worried about? Like someone bumping into my car trying to parallel park? (tho no scuff marks on the either bumpers thankfully...)

I tried for the life of me to find the instructions/paperwork that came w/ the car when I first bought it and cannot find it...help?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
THe stock alarm have a red light on the instrument cluster and only came on the sport model.
Maybe you're the Karr and that thing is worthless.
Unless the dealer install some type of aftermarket alarm.
Do you have a keyfob of some type?
The stock alarm is built into the key handle.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like an dealer-installed aftermarket alarm you have in the car. However, on most aftermarket alarms, if it beeps twice when you disarm it that means everything is normal. If it beeps 3 times that means the alarm went off at some point and eventually turned itself off.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Well I have both the orange light in the cluster gauge and a blue led light that flashes underneath the steering wheel column, all of which was installed at the dealer.

I suppose I could put the club on my fit from my other car for peace of mind while im at work, tho it still worries me that my alarm is going off while im working....

Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
This is definately an aftermarket installed by the dealer or one of their partners (like the stereo shop down the street). The stock sport only has the red blinky light by the instrument cluster. The stock one also doesn't have a motion detector like yours. You may be able to have the dealer turn down the sensitivity on the motion detector. I know the alarms I had in the past had a few settings for motion detection.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Definitely sounds like an aftermarket alarm, and its probably going off because the motion detector is too sensitive as stated above. Sometimes they are so sensitive a loud car or Harley can set it off quite easily. I used to think it was hysterical many years ago when I'd drive down the block with my hot rod and set off every alarm

Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Definitely sounds like an aftermarket alarm, and its probably going off because the motion detector is too sensitive as stated above. Sometimes they are so sensitive a loud car or Harley can set it off quite easily. I used to think it was hysterical many years ago when I'd drive down the block with my hot rod and set off every alarm
So you were the A-hole that kept doing that to my Dakota

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
Your wheels are sick. In fact, your whole Fit is totally sick.