General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How does the Fit fit the big guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
How does the Fit fit the big guys?

Like the title says, I am about 6'0 280 Solid. I am field event athlete(track & Field). I am debating which car I am going to get either the Yaris or The Fit. A number one factor is will I be comfortable. So bigger members how does the Front seats feel? I was also wondering do carseats fit well in the back, I have two kid 3 and 1. I know what some people are thinking, Ha ha big guy small car, But this is about what i can afford. Like i tell my friends I will buy a bigger car when i make bigger money. Thank Derrick

Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'd think that at 6 ft tall, you wouldn't have any problem with the Fit. Not to be disloyal to Honda, but you wouldn't have any problem with the Scion xB either. I saw a fellow who was over 6 ft tall sit in the Scion at a car show, and he had lots of head room. I kinda get the impression from this site that the Fit would be roomy inside, as it's a "tall" compact.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I'm 6'3" by the imperial scale and still have a good amount of space above my head in the Jazz. I like my seat bolt upright and have it slid back as far back as it goes and the leg room is spot on. With my seat right back a 6' adult can sit comfortably in the seat behind me.

As the back doesn't sweep down there is plenty of headroom in the backseats and your also not roasting under glass in the back.

The car has mount points for child seats/baby capsules in all 3 rear seat positions. I have a baby capsule in the center position and could still put a child seat on one side of it. With the front seats slid right back the baby capsule would not fit in the other 2 rear seating positions.

The car can carry 4 Australian adults (all 6' plus), the baby in the capsule and a good amount of luggage in the boot no probs and you can comfortably drive distances like this. Though I'd hate to try and do this with only a 1.3L motor as you'd be able to walk up a hill faster but with the 1.5L VTEC you certainly feel the extra weight but it just revs a bit higher and goes about its business.

The only difference between this car and my previous Falcon ute is the width but as for head and leg room not that much more in the large vehicle.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
im 6'2 200 lbs and fit in the fit very comfortably. just sat in it in Chicago. Even with the seat all the way back, i could still sit in the rear seat with decently leg room

Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Huh. Interesting topic.
I've never ever thought about not fitting in a car.
It never occured to me that certain cars are prohibitive
because of someone's height and weight.

I'm 5'7" and a buck thirty eight so you can imagine that
I fit in everything.

Live and learn, eh?

Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Im a little taller then you but probably not as built and i fit very comfortably in the front and in the back. I'd compare the front seating arrangement and leg room to the 2000 model Honda Oddyssey. Very very generous.

I dont think the Fit is uncomparable to the Yaris in terms of room, especially in the back. Its simply alot better. I've looked at alot of other cars in the Fit's class (in New Zealand) and the Fit is by far the very best.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Someone that Posts too much
When you don't need to compensate for size.