General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tonight's dealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Tonight's dealer visit

Showedu p at the dealer and I think I spoke to the newest guy in the whole dealership. I clearly knew more than he. They DO have a new glossy paper with the colors on it, but not much else. I grabbed it. It's good to see the color samples.

Turns out a former cow-orker of mine is at this dealership and I'm not sure if he was joking or serious about giving me his spot on the 'early drive'. They'll have to drive two states away to take the pre-drive, and he's not looking forward to getting up at 3 am to get there. *shrug* At the least, I've made it clear to the dealer that I'm really not in a rush, even if I might show up on release day with my checkbook.

They were noncommital on arrival day.

They insisted the first 'sport' is already sold. And yet, they agreed 'we dont even know pricing yet... ' - so how did you sell a car without pricing? No, what they meant was that someone left a substantial deposit for one. Something I would have done if they said 'refundable... ' Oh well.

They had a printout of some text which is exactly the same as one of the websites I've read in the last two days. Looks like they just copied it from the website and printed it. Funny.

So, am looking forward to making the deal, especially since my accord is not a trade, but I'm keeping it. It'll keep going, it's only got 250,000 on it.

The dealers in the dark, but still pressing the 'buy one now!' angle.

Funny.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
That is *** how he is acting

Old 03-09-2006, 10:32 PM
San Antonio Dealer Talk

The dealer I'm dealing w/ here in SA mentioned that my order (placed on 1/23) was being produced on 3/9. The 5th of April was their "turn" to "go out to the pad" where they're introduced to new models w/ professional drivers, competitor's vehicles, etc. With that, they expect them ready for drive-off on the the 15th give or take a day or two. Can anyone correct me on the term used for new model intro's outside the lot for the saleman, etc.?