Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...

The dealer I ordered from didn't get my Fit yet. So my wife and I drove down to the local dealer to check one out anyway. This dealer had a black sport manual, something we really liked even though our order was for blue. I liked the general feel of the car inside and out. Driving the car was nice too. The steering, brakes, and handling was pretty nice. The power was pretty damn weak (something I really expected) but enough to get up to speed at least. (I drive an M3 so I'm a little biased)

Anyway, after the drive I told the dealer, "I have a check, sell me this at MSRP and I'll take it." I figured I could cancel my order with the other dealer since they didn't get my Fit when they said anyway. Well, the rep got the manager and he wouldn't budge from the $2k markup. What's funny is he tried to convince me to take it anyway. I was like, "yeah man, it's cool...I have one on order for $2k LESS so I will just wait, no biggie."

He proceeds to tell me that it's a Honda so the extra $2k doesn't matter, blah, blah. So I tell the guy, "yeah, uh...you'd have to be a RETARD to pay $2k over sticker for anything, let alone an econo-box." He still argues. I repeat my statement a few times, then telling him, "alright, I'm out...I'm sure there's plenty of retarded suckers that will pay your markup."

I hopped in my M3, gave it some gas, and drifted out of the parking lot...basically saying. " F U "

Cliff notes: Fit = pretty cool but slow...dealer $2k markup is retarded...dealers suck ass.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting story, but the sad thing is someone WILL pay the markup just to be the first on their block wit' a Fit. I just picked mine up today, blue Sport & no markup, just MSRP and dest fee from Honda. It's a great car, but I would never pay $2k over either. You shoulda punched his nuts instead.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:23 AM
The Fit is a nice car but for someone to pay more then MSRP just to be the first one on there block with one would have to be the dumbest thing ever since the Fit is nothing special to go bragging about that your the first one on the block with one. This is a 15K subcompact not a S2K or any other high end sports car, the sooner people realize that the better off they will be.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
I feel that a nut punch would have been justified as well.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:27 AM
It sickens me that A) people WILL pay that premium and B) the dealer wouldn't sell it to me at MSRP even though I could have paid them RIGHT then.

But the truth of it all is we're just really anxious to get our Fit.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
2k over MSRP? That'll be ... $1k cheaper than the Canadian Fit Sport.

All in all, isn't that a little close to the Civic EX?

Old 04-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Pretty silly ain't it.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 AM
what an idiot

....that is the dumbest thing ever... i'm gonna pay extra for a cheap car....wth.....uh what's the purpose for paying extra for a cheap car?!?!?... it's not a pt pooter

Old 04-21-2006, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeebus
The dealer I ordered from didn't get my Fit yet. So my wife and I drove down to the local dealer to check one out anyway. This dealer had a black sport manual, something we really liked even though our order was for blue. I liked the general feel of the car inside and out. Driving the car was nice too. The steering, brakes, and handling was pretty nice. The power was pretty damn weak (something I really expected) but enough to get up to speed at least. (I drive an M3 so I'm a little biased)

Anyway, after the drive I told the dealer, "I have a check, sell me this at MSRP and I'll take it." I figured I could cancel my order with the other dealer since they didn't get my Fit when they said anyway. Well, the rep got the manager and he wouldn't budge from the $2k markup. What's funny is he tried to convince me to take it anyway. I was like, "yeah man, it's cool...I have one on order for $2k LESS so I will just wait, no biggie."

He proceeds to tell me that it's a Honda so the extra $2k doesn't matter, blah, blah. So I tell the guy, "yeah, uh...you'd have to be a RETARD to pay $2k over sticker for anything, let alone an econo-box." He still argues. I repeat my statement a few times, then telling him, "alright, I'm out...I'm sure there's plenty of retarded suckers that will pay your markup."

I hopped in my M3, gave it some gas, and drifted out of the parking lot...basically saying. " F U "

Cliff notes: Fit = pretty cool but slow...dealer $2k markup is retarded...dealers suck ass.
My dealer sold for MSRP. They told me they never mark it up and it can affect the score that a dealer gets from Honda if corporate finds out about it. After you buy a Fit you'll get a call from Honda asking about your experience -- let them know what a jerk this dealer is.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jeebus
...dealers suck ass.
You said it!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Ah, yes....

The Law of Supply and Idiots.

The markup jive happens with any remotely interesting new car.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
PT Barnum was right....... There's a sucker born every minute.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:24 AM
One of the best things about the Fit is the value. If it is marked up the value is gone, so what is the point of buying it then.

Also remember that making up a $14,000 car by $2,000 is like marking up a $28,000 car by $4,000. That is a large percent.

$2,000 - that is getting into plasma TV territory.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I was fortunate to get to buy one on the 20th at MSRP and was the first to buy one at my dealership. But i can tell you this; I wouldnt have been the first if they insisted me paying even a dollar over MSRP. Every person that does do that encourages the behavior (the behavor of them charging markup).

yeah, uh...you'd have to be a RETARD to pay $2k over sticker for anything, let alone an econo-box.
I know you were trying to prove a point, but i do have to take exception to this. Regarding the fit sport in particular, one impression i can almost guarantee someone will not have about the Fit after having seen and driven it is that it is an econo-box.

Last edited by azanon; 04-21-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM
well at least your dealers are being nice to you, the one i went to yesterday are so unbelieveable, i want to ask them wat would the white color be like, is it like the accrod white? and he told me well all the white looks the same to me, they are just white, so i said that some white is like a milk white not just plain white white, and he is like oh i don't like to aruge with you, if u say there are different kind of white, then that's what you think, so i ask him so it's like the accrod whie, and he is like well white is white they are all the same, it's not like they are silver or blue, they are just white....i was so MAD, if they don't want to sale me a Fit then just tell me, he is looking at me like i could buy a Fit and just there to waste his time, just turn and walk away from him and drove away I WILL NEVER, NEVER GO BACK THERE AND WILL ASK ALL THE PEOPLE I KNOW NOT TO GET A CAR THERE

Old 04-21-2006, 04:18 PM
and the dealer mark up $1000 for the car

Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Dealers will try anything to get extra $$, and I really don't think Honda will "do" anything about it. The fact is, Honda doesn't care if the dealer makes $0 on a vehicle. Of course, that's what the holdback and incentives are for...to make sure they move vehicles. If the dealers are making thousands on a vehicle, then maybe Honda will raise the sticker price to get a peice of the action.

The survey is the way to "pay back" the dealer for a rotten experience, but that's only when you purchase the vehicle. So, if you're not a customer...no survey. And let's face it, a bad survey doesn't really hurt the dealer. The most it does is sting...a little.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Morons. How long was the drift?

Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Morons. How long was the drift?
Long enough for my wife to have time to hit me in my right arm. She hates it when I let the rear end break loose.

But seriously, I dunno..40 feet maybe.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by azanon
Regarding the fit sport in particular, one impression i can almost guarantee someone will not have about the Fit after having seen and driven it is that it is an econo-box.
Let's be honest. It's a nice car for the money but MOST people will think it's goofy and cheap. I like it (I assume you do too) and that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...