Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:12 PM
The same reason you are able to buy the car for $1K below MSRP 6 months from now is the same reason they can sell it for $2K over. You may not think it's fair today, and they may not think it's fair 6 months from now.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, if yu live in an area that has several dealers nearby, do what I did. I told them i would not pay over MSRP. After some discussion I said that I would check with other dealers nearby and get back to them if I could not get a better deal. My foot hit the side walk just as I heard him call me over (very grumpy) and said deal. Don't have to get mad, I think that just adds to the general discomfort in buying a car. Anyway, I hope your new Fit arrives soon. I drove mine off an hour after getting to the dealer a happy guy.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
15k for the Fit!!?? damn i got my Fit a year ago for 12k brand new JDM

Old 04-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by erinmeow
i want to ask them wat would the white color be like, is it like the accrod white? and he told me well all the white looks the same to me, they are just white, so i said that some white is like a milk white not just plain white white, and he is like oh i don't like to aruge with you, if u say there are different kind of white, then that's what you think
Somebody posted this on another thread:

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/color/index.html

You could go down and ask him if the first car on the third row and the last car in the fourth row look the same to him

Old 04-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
15k for the Fit!!?? damn i got my Fit a year ago for 12k brand new JDM
How did you get it plated in Quebec?!?!?!

Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
HEy I compltely back you on that. I would never pay over MSRP

Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Thumbs up Bingo!

Originally Posted by jeebus
Let's be honest. It's a nice car for the money but MOST people will think it's goofy and cheap. I like it (I assume you do too) and that's all that matters.
That's telling it like it is, have not told many people I was getting one for just that reason, nothing more that a cheap little car in their mind. Have been following this car for almost two years and I won't do any better for my purposes, my bike (another goofy thing to my name) will fit inside plus the gas thing and I like the looks.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:04 PM
For me the reason was mainly gas milage, but i must admit i do like teh way it looks, and i like the value i'm getting for the price, honda has a good rep thus far, wether it's a low price car or a high end car (meaning acura included), and i love the functionality of it also.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:54 AM
2K Over markup...

That's nothing!! People in Hawaii (not me) are paying $19,100 out the door (minus the fees and taxes).

Old 04-22-2006, 08:15 AM
One local dealer had the Sport Auto with a $1000 markup over MSRP for,"Wheel locks, Mudguards, exterior/interior Coating" Note there were no mudguards on the car and they can' fit anyway.

$1000 for lugnuts. As soon as I said I wouldn't pay that, the price started falling.
Stand your ground and go below msrp. You will get it or find another dealer.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:24 AM
wow, they actually tried to jip you with charging for muds, lol, taht's messed up.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I only paid MSRP and a couple of accessories(Ipod and rear bumber applique) for A Fit Sport MT. Grand Total $16,249.80

Old 04-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by jeebus
I hopped in my M3, gave it some gas, and drifted out of the parking lot...basically saying. " F U "

Cliff notes: Fit = pretty cool but slow...dealer $2k markup is retarded...dealers suck ass.
First, i'm sure that made them reduce their mark up. Some pissed off customer leaving some rubber when he leaves. They don't care.

Second, mark up isn't about the car being an econo box or a supercar. It's simple supply v. demand. It happens. Over half of our incoming Fit order is pre-sold. We're not selling them above msrp, but I can see how you easily could especially considering the incentive of the dealer to actually make some money on a car that has virtually no mark up. The value of a vehicle has nothing to do with sticker. It has everything to do with the price the market will bear. If thats 2k or 12k over sticker, so be it. It could also be 5k understicker. If thats what people will pay, thats what its worth.

Third, not all dealers suck ass. I work at a dealership, and we haven't sold a car above MSRP. We could, we just don't. There are those that understand supply and demand and get a good deal, and those who get pissed off and drift out of the lot. We supply a product at a given price. Someone will buy that Fit for 2k over sticker. Its just like anything else. How about the XBox 360 release? Did you drift out of the best buy lot when they were marked up? Or get pissed at the ppl buying them at retail and marking them up 100%? If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Dollar voting. You say dealers suck ass, some dealers would say customers suck ass. It goes both ways.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by tman_00
That's nothing!! People in Hawaii (not me) are paying $19,100 out the door (minus the fees and taxes).
Yeah, but isn't EVERYTHING pretty much more expensive in Hawaii?

Old 04-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Drove by the honda dealer this morning when they put out the Fit for the first time. Looked like the DEA all over that thing at a border crossing. I kept going.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by mriz
Drove by the honda dealer this morning when they put out the Fit for the first time. Looked like the DEA all over that thing at a border crossing. I kept going.
are you wanted by teh DEA, lol.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM
bapprill,
How are the Fits selling in Lawrence? I assume you work for Jack Ellena? I grew up in L-town and was wondering if you've had a high demand since the town has grown so much! I'm still waiting for my Red Sport MT. Grr!

Old 04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
timbuk3,
they're selling great. you can imagine with the population of lawrence, they're very receptive of an affordable, reliable, small honda. a majority of our initial order of fits is pre-sold. We sold the first one just about 4 months ago. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that we're selling them at MSRP either. The Fit and the Civic Si are the two hottest Hondas right now, by far.

grew up in l-town? nice. i grew up just west of town, you're right though, the growth is unbelievable.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hondyboy
Yeah, but isn't EVERYTHING pretty much more expensive in Hawaii?
Yes it is, and milk is $7 a gallon.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by tman_00
Yes it is, and milk is $7 a gallon.
Ouch - how much are pineapples?

Quick Reply: Drove Fit and spit in dealers' face...