General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Convince me to buy a fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Convince me to buy a fit

I am considering a Honda Fit but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger for some reason. I don't have a ton of money so it's hard for me to drop close to 20k for a small little car. My other options I'm considering are buying a used 4cylinder car for maybe 10k.

Convince me to buy a fit. Why should I or shouldn't I? I am going to trade in a 6cylinder.

Edit: It would be for my fiance and I. Both in our upper 20's lower 30's. Love the outdoors and travelling.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
First, you don't have to spend 20k on a Fit unless you are getting it decked out with some serious options. Despite what you may have heard, you can get a good deal on a Fit. If you pay MSRP you are paying too much. (At least right now.)

Great gas miliage
Confortable
Fun to drive
Versitle - magic seats
Cargo room - lots of it for your outdoor stuff
Reliable as hell
Seats 5 - more if you stuff a couple in the trunk area.
Looks cool

Old 02-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
You should buy an Aveo... much better price and looks like a Fit, plus with GM struggling for sales you can get one for super cheap!

....what? Everybody on here is going to tell him to buy a Fit, I just want to play devils advocate for a bit

Old 02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I doubt I'd complain if I got the fit. I'm probably not as critical as 95% of this forum.

We want an Auto Sport. The best deal I've found so Far in So Cal:

$17,000 + tax tag and title = Right at $19,000
So I guess I could get one cheaper if I got a manual , non sport Fit.
I seriously can't find anyone that will go more than $500 below MSRP.

No thanks on the Aveo, those things are scary looking and even scarier to drive.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
buy my fit for 13k

Its great all around. i just need a truck to haul my bike around.

peoples can vouche that i have kept my fit clean.

has lots of warranties to throw in aswell with brand new tires.

you get best of both worlds, NEw fit at a used cost.

i took my car up to bear. i had 4 people plus a full cargo of luggage and it rode nice. i was amazed.

last summer i took my car to the beach and it held 6 skim boards and 4 people with coolers and towels comfy.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 PM
to this day i do not regret getting my fit. get one and enjoy it!!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
The fit is the quality top end of the sub compact market. It is meant for only the most picky of car enthusiasts. You might be better off with a base Yaris for 12k, if the extra money for the better new car troubles you.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
An Aveo? C'mon. The OP said he/she likes outdoors and traveling. With an Aveo he/she may not be doing so much traveling with it in the shop or side of the road.

To the OP...look at this list. Fit is #1. (Aveo 29th)

Best Affordable Small Cars - Best Cars & Trucks - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
buy my fit for 13k

Its great all around. i just need a truck to haul my bike around.

peoples can vouche that i have kept my fit clean.

has lots of warranties to throw in aswell with brand new tires.

you get best of both worlds, NEw fit at a used cost.

i took my car up to bear. i had 4 people plus a full cargo of luggage and it rode nice. i was amazed.

last summer i took my car to the beach and it held 6 skim boards and 4 people with coolers and towels comfy.
buy this man's fit. why? because i said so.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
in all seriousness, SD MR Fit's is a great Fit (pun intended). It is tastefully modded. The dude has great taste. And a great platform to build off of if you plan to continue modding. The Fit (in general) is a great car. Well built (for the price) and very economical (short-term and long-term).

since you're looking to trade in something, if you have time and the cash flow to float... sell it privately, you'll get more $. but if you want to buy SD MR's Fit, sell your car to CarMax, they give a pretty fair price. and then go buy SD MR Fit's Fit.

Last edited by Lex_Dymndz; 02-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 PM
suscribed. i'm curious to see how this turns out. the fit is a great car. My friend fit his entire dorm room into his fit when he moved out (walls and mattress not included).

I like mine though, could use a little more power, but you can't have it all. And you get Honda reliability.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lex_Dymndz
in all seriousness, SD MR Fit's is a great Fit (pun intended). It is tastefully modded. The dude has great taste. And a great platform to build off of if you plan to continue modding. The Fit (in general) is a great car. Well built (for the price) and very economical (short-term and long-term).

since you're looking to trade in something, if you have time and the cash flow to float... sell it privately, you'll get more $. but if you want to buy SD MR's Fit, sell your car to CarMax, they give a pretty fair price. and then go buy SD MR Fit's Fit.
I would have considered it if it was an auto but I sit in stop and go traffic way too long everyday to be driving a manual.

And I looked at the Yaris too but I felt like I was in a go-kart.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fit?
I would have considered it if it was an auto but I sit in stop and go traffic way too long everyday to be driving a manual.

And I looked at the Yaris too but I felt like I was in a go-kart.
manual is a pain in traffic. i'll give you that. the yaris (3-door) just seems too small. we looked at one before my GF decided on the fit. (i actually preferred the yaris) but it feels ubber cheap. like detail and built quality. the fit is a great value. and you can get a GD (last body style, 07-08) for a decent price since the GE came out.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
manual is a pain in traffic. i'll give you that. the yaris (3-door) just seems too small. we looked at one before my GF decided on the fit. (i actually preferred the yaris) but it feels ubber cheap. like detail and built quality. the fit is a great value. and you can get a GD (last body style, 07-08) for a decent price since the GE came out.
Yep the Yaris felt a little cheap. It didn't help that I could touch the passenger side door with my hand while sitting in the driver seat and not even reaching or bending over

What is attracting me to the 09 fit is is the exta room. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 09's have significantly greater interior room due to the folding seats? Or did the seats in the other years fold both ways as well?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Yep the Yaris felt a little cheap. It didn't help that I could touch the passenger side door with my hand while sitting in the driver seat and not even reaching or bending over

What is attracting me to the 09 fit is is the exta room. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 09's have significantly greater interior room due to the folding seats? Or did the seats in the other years fold both ways as well?
both GD and GE have the honda "magic seats."

Old 02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
both GD and GE have the honda "magic seats."
I haven't really seen the GD anywhere then yet. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for. I pretty much want a new car with next to no miles so nothing used. I doubt they still have 08s floating around? Or do they?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
well if ur 1 of those people who drive alot of fit would be ideal its good on gas.
& it is pretty roomie its alot bigger on the inside then it appears to be
but if ur too skeptical on purchasing it then u really dont want it,
& there arent many brand new cars u can get for under 20k,
but goodluck with ur decision.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
I am considering a Honda Fit but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger for some reason. I don't have a ton of money so it's hard for me to drop close to 20k for a small little car. My other options I'm considering are buying a used 4cylinder car for maybe 10k.

Convince me to buy a fit. Why should I or shouldn't I? I am going to trade in a 6cylinder.

Edit: It would be for my fiance and I. Both in our upper 20's lower 30's. Love the outdoors and travelling.
Name:  2775732300_2f00b09f77.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  37.5 KB

ANY QUESTIONS????

Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
find someone who wants to trade for a manual and we can do it that way.
i just want a truck haha.

yeah yaris feel cheap, like the scions.

i rememeber that photo....ahh that girl was pretty cute.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Used Fit from private seller is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy a fit