General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is a 2009 honda fit sport in tafetta white too...boring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I want a white GE8 or GD3!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 0r30kid
And i dont think white is Hondas color. Its Championship White isn't? thats a whole different color than the taffeta white.
White really is the color of Honda, but there are a quite a few different whites that have been used by Honda. The GE8 doesn't even come in Taffeta White here in Japan, you have to pay an extra ¥30000 just to get white on the GE8 and it is Premium White Pearl, which looks more like NH0 (Championship White) than Taffeta White does, which looks more like Gran Prix White (S2000 white) to my eyes. I wanted it to look as close as it could to my old 5R Teggy which of course was Championship White.

Why I say it is the color of Honda, it is a Japanese National thing, look at their flag dominantly white with a red circle and then their war flag again dominantly white with a red rising sun. And look at Honda's original R models, only white with red H's and highlights. It mimics the national flag. Plus I just love white on a car with bronze wheels with red accents. That sounds awfully like what I'm driving.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Faithful87
I'm not really into fluorescent/flashy/or wow colors and instead enjoy earthy colors like brown, certain shades of green, and soft blues. None of which are available for the 2009 fit...so that basically sums everything up to tafetta white.

Does anyone have a white fit? Do you still like it?

At first there was a struggle between black and white. But after staring at black one for too long, it seemed like it blended in with the wheels too much...or maybe that's just because the dealerships had different colored wheels (?)

What color is your fit or what color do you prefer/like?
I've mainly always had black cars. I owned a red one once. It was nice, but if you don't keep up with red it will oxidize on you quickly in warmer climates. Stunning when it is clean, with multiple layers of wax.

Black is VERY stunning... that is, when it is clean. Black at night, when clean and waxed well, is like water standing still... especially when lights reflect off of it. Still, dust and dirt become immediately noticeable on black finishes. Still my favorite... but I'm tired of cleaning it.

This time I went with Blue Sensation Pearl. Still a dark color, apparently looks great when kept, a rich color, and I've noticed a very slight purple-ish tone to it when certain lights cross it at night... almost an extremely slight flip-flop effect. It's probably due to the subtle fleck in the blue catching certain lighting hues. Definitely more dirt-friendly than black.

White? Don't get me wrong, it's a great color for those who really like it. Personally, I don't care for white, and don't like caring for it! If clean, it too can look stunning at night. It's an elegant and very classy, uh... color, uh... tone. Always makes any car look more expensive than it really is... from Fit to Lamborghini... never fails. At least that's my impression of white. White will oxidize a little faster than other colors in warmer climates also, if not kept up. I don't think anything tops red for faster oxidation though.

Silver is another elegant, classic and slick color... probably the color least to show dirt quickly... but also hard to tell you have one h3ll of a shine on when you actually do have one h3ll of a shine. I like silver... almost went with silver this time around. If not for the BSP, I would have.

If you're thinking of white though, hey, go for it. Nothing wrong with white at all. My personal opinion of white doesn't take away from it's beauty and coolness.

Think it through carefully though. If you go with anything other than what your heart's telling you, you will, to some extent or another, regret your purchase when you see the color you truly wanted. You can't exactly take it back.

Also, keep in mind summer heat. The darker the finish, the hotter it will get inside... and faster. Then again, that's what AC is for.

Good luck on your decision and ultimate purchase. Welcome!

Last edited by annunC8; 03-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.