General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Small chips in paint???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Chips in paint - less than 90 day old FIT

My Fit has 2,000 miles on it and the chips on the front bumper and hood as well as both mirrors are ridiculous. I went to the dealer and he told me to call Honda and pointed to the exit.

I called Honda and they are having the dealers Service Manager give me a call. If we all go back to our dealers to complain then maybe they will do something about it.

FYI - I returned an Acura RL at the end of a four year lease before I bought the FIT. The Acura had 42,000 miles on it and did not have nearly the chips that are visible on my 2,000 mile FIT. I drove the same rodesast he FIT.

There is definetly a difference in the paint jobs ($50,000 car versus $20,000 car) BUT Honda shouldn't be putting out such a lame paint job for the FIT. We will have rust problems within their warranty period.

As a group - we have power if we all take the time to go back to our dealers and complain or call Honda. The Customer Relations phone number for Honda USA is (800) 999-1009.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Honda will look at my chips!

I called Honda USA and they told the dealer to take a serious look at my car. The dealer is asking his body shop foreman to look also. Maybe they will fix the chips/repaint the car?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by deranged
I live in the bay area. Drive 140 miles a day in the fit. Freeways have loose gravel all over and semis all over the place. Front of my car looks like crap after 1 month of owning.
I live in the Bay Area too and my Fit is my DD - can't even count the amount of chips on my bumper and hood. Bay Area roads (both freeway and surface street) are so shitty & crumbling apart which is why there's so much gravel loose to get thrown up on our cars. I had a Civic for 7 years and only had one big chip on my hood. I've had my Fit for under 2 years and have several *huge* chips, and what must be thousands of smaller ones. I've also discovered my paint starting to chip from the corner of my bumper on one side (another frequent complaint I've read about).

Old 05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I went to the dealer to talk about the chipped paint.

He blames the fact that the car is set lower than most others on the road as to why the FIT gets more chips than my last car which was an Acura.

He did have his body shop guy touch up the spots with some paint and gave me the small touch-up tube of paint.

This does not offer any reason why one of my mirrors has 11 chips on it.

If all FIT owners go to their dealers and complain about the chips, maybe Honda USA will do something. If not, perhaps there is a class action lawsuit Honda's future.