General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Prospective fit buyer

Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Prospective fit buyer

Hi everyone,
I am looking at purchasing a honda fit. Im not really sure just in the beginning stages of looking. Im hoping to get some ideas from you guys. I have a few questions.
1. How do you like your fit?
would you buy one again if you were to do it all over?
Fun to drive?
Much aftermarket support?
What sites can I find fit parts at?
MPG?
any style difference between the years?
Is it worth it to buy the sport version?
What are the differances from base to sport?
How hard is it to get hp gains out of the stock motor.. for example how much would you get out if h/i/e?
they do have a manual transmission option right?
any reccomendations on which model/ type to buy?
What is the recommended wheel size? I want to put work meisters on the car, and make it sit flush, and ideas?
Anything else I should know, this car would not be stock just so you know. This car would definatly be modded so keep that in mind!

here is my current car i would part out and sell..
Name:  photoshoot1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  83.4 KB
....what a badass smiley haha

Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
The way you modded your Civic it kind of looks reminiscent of a Del Sol.

No matter what*** you do to a Fit it's gonna be ass slow. Expect that. It's very fun to drive unless you start to get sick of the stiffness every now and then in certain more uptight moods...

Sounds like you need to spend a couple hours looking through the site for some of those answers.

(***other than an engine swap)

Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i have a 08 and if it got totalled and had the option to re-buy, i would get the 09 instead...

infact, i already own a 09.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks guys for your answers. I went to go look at an 08 fit sport today. was cool, and the interior was real comfortable. I dont really feel the need for speed, as I already had a b18c5 swapped eg hatch. I just want something I can mod the exterior and make it look really clean maybe some engine mods. Im not a big fan of the 09, but maybe they will grow on me. Come on guys keep the reviews coming!!

btw: if someone on this forum went to wekfest this year and has a blue fit.....i think it was a girl had a mugen badge on the back, and a mugen airbox let me know who you are! I was inspired by your car!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM
i think h/i/e would probably give you less than 10hp. Forced induction or swap would be the way to get power.

the fit is fun, it holds a ton of stuff. i love it.

the 07-08s have a lot of aftermarket support. the 09s have some (but it's increasing)

if your gonna mod it, then the base fit might be for you.

if your gonna add a new body kit, wheels, and stereo, the only thing the sport would have is the cruise control, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and fog lights. the keyless entry for the base is only like $100. I think it all depends on what you're looking to mod.

search around. there are ton's of helpful threads on this kind of stuff.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
um ok where to start i had a 08 sport. Loved the car i do have a need for speed though. So i traded her in for a CR. Now i want to get back in a fit so bad. Avg mpg for me was 37-43 and that is driving normal no tricks or anything fun little car in the turns but sucks in the straights. Um great price on gas and easy to maintain. But i would keep that car which looks sick and get the fit on the side. I love the fit looking back now i love doing outdoor stuff and roadtrips and taking photos every where. Well my S is fun to drive but no room for things at all and i hate taking it on road trips i avg 23-30 in the S not bad but not a fit ethier. The fit is the total package little but huge inside cheap gas,inurance,maint. Less than 20k brand new its a honda will last a long time. Looks great for a econo car. I would love to get into a 07-09 again but i owe to much on my CR and don't want to take a huge hit to get rid of it when i just got it. But maybe down a couple years i will pick up a used one and keep the CR on the side.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Oh and for some reason alot of girls like the fit say its cute i have no clue why. But than again i get a lot of girls now that want to get a ride in my S to

Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
oo thats a plus with the women haha..i wouldnt add a body kit, hell no but a lip kit yes. the only reason i want an fit s is because i would add a lip kit plus paint, and foglights anyway...then go from there, so im not sure if i would make up the price difference with that... I really want to get one now! I was just looking at fits on youtube for fun, and one guy said he had a mugen exhaust for his fit...sounded pretty good, i didnt know mugen made so many parts for the fit?! where do you find these? any website suggestions? I guess im just used to the WEAK aftermarket support for 01-05 civics Thanks guys! kepp the replies and reviews coming!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by bryce023
1. How do you like your fit? I love it.
would you buy one again if you were to do it all over? I hope so as I'm still paying for it.
Fun to drive? Yeah, handles well and really rev-happy compared to the American cars I've owned previously
Much aftermarket support? Support for the GE grows every day.
What sites can I find fit parts at? Start with College Hills Honda and go from there; I haven't shopped much, personally.
MPG? I get about 33 combined. I drive "normally": not too fast but no real hypermiling, either.
any style difference between the years? With all due respect, the 09 (GE) model looks better IMHO. The earlier model looks more similar to other cars in the class; the 09 is a little more spacey-looking.
Is it worth it to buy the sport version? I have a Base. Looking back at it honestly, I'd have to say the sport version packs enough for the price that it IS worth it, tho the Base is a great car and no stripper.
What are the differances from base to sport? 16" wheels, rear anti-roll bar, body kit, chrome headlight bezels (tho many prefer the base grey bezels), body-color mirrors, USB input, slightly more powerful stereo, body kit stuff, keyless entry, cruise, maybe I've forgotten something.
How hard is it to get hp gains out of the stock motor.. for example how much would you get out if h/i/e? Dunno, I've heard hp gains are minimal unless you go forced induction.
they do have a manual transmission option right? Manual is standard; if it wasn't an option, I wouldn't have bought.
any reccomendations on which model/ type to buy? I'd recommend the 09; you should be happy with either model (US offers Base, Sport, and Sport w/Nav) depending on the size of your pocketbook.
What is the recommended wheel size? I want to put work meisters on the car, and make it sit flush, and ideas? 07s and 08s come with 14s or 15s; 09s with 15s or 16s. Most people don't go further than 17, but I've heard of 18. I don't know the offset.
That's all I got; hope it helps!