General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Get Your Fit Asap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Get Your Fit Asap.

Seems like there will be a supply issues. This will be a good thing as the value of the fit will be retained. The Civic received an increase earlier this year. The demand is pretty high.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...hs&refer=japan

Last edited by RODSFIT; 04-15-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
From the title, i thought u were issuing an internet scam offer

Old 04-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Sheesh, talk about trying to generate demand

I'm sure there will more than enough to go around.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Whatever man. Try finding an Ex Civic Coupe w/ manual trans. I did a dealer locate earlier this week, and there wasn't one in the area (I sell Hondas). I live in Ga. I checked FL, SC, NC, AL, and TN. Trust me consumers are upset as well as dealers. We sold 48 Civics last month, and we were told we sould be only getting a total of 35 this month. I'm excited about the Fit coming out, but I don't want to have to deal with supply issues on Fits, and Civics. If you can get one do it. Before I posted this I did another search of the same car in every color, and now there are 8 available(if they weren't already pre sold). HONDA HOOK US UP.....PLEASE!

Old 04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Abiding Dude
Sheesh, talk about trying to generate demand

I'm sure there will more than enough to go around.
im not just sure, i know there wont be enough to go around.

e.g. go find me a civic sedan 5spd ex with navigation. in the state of california, there is 2, total.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
im not just sure, i know there wont be enough to go around.
e.g. go find me a civic sedan 5spd ex with navigation. in the state of california, there is 2, total.
I think there's a big difference between the demand for a highly specialized configuration (economy car with high-end feature) and a low-priced, two-tiered sub-compact.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
well i am gonna be part of the first batch for South FL so coming this monday like i said i will have to put my $500.00 deposit for this high demand FIT which i think looks better than the civic...the race for the best economobile!!!!

Old 04-16-2006, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
You should be prepared to wait, anyway; otherwise you are already giving the seller the upper hand.

I wouldn't worry too much about production numbers. They will catch up. Honda does not want to make it difficult for you to get a Fit.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Of course, if Honda can only sell 42,000 Fits in the first year of sale in the USA I'm afraid we may have a situation where Honda announces they would stop all Fit sales after the 42,000 are sold out (and I guarantee they will be gone by July 2006 at latest!). Then Honda will then try to get another 10,000-12,000 cars for the US market maybe the end of 2006, and then make everyone wait for the long-awaited full-model change (FMC), and the new model will be built in North America so they could build at least 200,000 cars per year to satisfy US, Canadian and Mexican market demand.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Availability

There are a lot of factors in the mix and Honda is going to make its best guess as they all shake out, such as demand for the Civic, competition in the subcompact market (driven by high gas prices -- subcompacts became the most stolen vehicles during the 70s gas crisis), how big the hybrid market gets (the hybrid Fit may decrease the number of conventional versions next year), and how bad the general economy gets (there may be more people entering the "tight budget" market). At this point most car manufacturers are sniffing the wind and not commiting to a specific direction. Everyone jumping on the SUV bandwagon lived to regret it. I'm glad I purchased the Fit now. I needed a vehicle and couldn't play the waiting game or take a gamble on availability. Everything else I was looking at with adequate cargo space and a reputation for reliability had a price that put me in the used car market, plus got poor mpg compared to the Fit.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I'll wait until the salivating first adopters get their Fits. Maybe in a few months the dust will settle. I'm in no hurry; my VW is only 11 years old and treats me fine.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Haha, I'm guessing that yes, they will need all that capacity for the Civics...but once the Fit hits the streets they will need those, too. Good for those of us buying the first ones.

This will be an amazing year for Honda.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jpmccormac
I'll wait until the salivating first adopters get their Fits. Maybe in a few months the dust will settle. I'm in no hurry; my VW is only 11 years old and treats me fine.
That's what I said about my 11 year old Honda Accord. It was going strong with only routine work up until transmission troubles and a hole in the radiator. I went from casual shopper to desperate buyer real fast!

Old 04-16-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Mind you, I'm not in pressing need of a Honda Fit because I now drive a 1998 Honda Civic HX CVT coupé that gets 33-37 mpg depending on how I drive.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
That's what I said about my 11 year old Honda Accord. It was going strong with only routine work up until transmission troubles and a hole in the radiator. I went from casual shopper to desperate buyer real fast!
Didn't you know that salivating over new cars is a total jinx to your current car? Especially if you're at a point where you've narrowed it down to a specific model and are contemplating colors!

Old 04-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Keep in mind, one of the worst sellers for honda was the wagon. This car is quite similar. I'm of the opion that this car is worlds better, but the configuration is not a hot NA seller. We'll see. If I didn't have a family to worry about, I'd personally be waiting for the civic si sedan.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah, no kidding. my '83 corolla busted a tire (thanks to wonderful dallas roads) from the honda dealership yesterday. ha! (it's just jealous of the magic seats)

Old 04-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
I'm afraid we may have a situation where Honda announces they would stop all Fit sales after the 42,000 are sold out (and I guarantee they will be gone by July 2006 at latest!).
WTF are you people smoking? Do you actually think that Honda will build 10,000 Fits for the US per month and then stop? Odds are they will build more like 4,000 Fits per month.

Seems to me that you guys are giving the Fit WAY more credit than it deserves. Like I've said before, most people looking at the Fit will step up to a Civic DX-G or LX for practically the same price (especially with rebates already offered on the 2006 Civic), and only those that need a hatchback will buy a Fit.

US car buyers aren't going to save much if anything at the pump by driving a Fit VS a Civic anyways.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
WTF are you people smoking? Do you actually think that Honda will build 10,000 Fits for the US per month and then stop? Odds are they will build more like 4,000 Fits per month.

Seems to me that you guys are giving the Fit WAY more credit than it deserves. Like I've said before, most people looking at the Fit will step up to a Civic DX-G or LX for practically the same price (especially with rebates already offered on the 2006 Civic), and only those that need a hatchback will buy a Fit.

US car buyers aren't going to save much if anything at the pump by driving a Fit VS a Civic anyways.
What rebates are you talking about? Honda doesn't have rebates.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr

wrong.

2006 civics have never had rebates up to this point.

they are so hot, that honda's spring finance 3.9% special promotion excludes the civic.

Quick Reply: Get Your Fit Asap.