General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Mod your Fit, get pulled over?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:06 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
My 2007 Honda Fit Sport is not performanced modded but gives every appearance of being a modded car.
[...]
I have been followed by state and local police most recently alot more than normal.
There it is in a nutshell. You may or may not get pulled over more than normal, but you will most certainly get a lot more attention from the constabulary and therefore your chances of being pulled over will go way, way up.

My other car is an STi and I feel downright harassed by the cops in certain towns near me (translation: Harleysville PA), especially at night. I used to drive through that town nightly on my way home from work and it was a rare event to NOT have a cop on my tail, waiting for an excuse to light me up.

Compared to that, I feel almost invisible in the Fit. When I think about lowering it or putting wheels on it, I also weigh the fact that it will probably raise the odds of getting harassed by those brownshirts.

Last edited by wdb; 05-07-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Mods will get you more attention from the cops, but stupid driving will get you tickets...

My old car had a Greddy SP2, yeah cops looked, but as long as I wan't smoking my tires or redlining it all over town I didn't get a second look.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Pits
are window visors illegal?
I don't think so if it's made by the manufacturer or it's associated companies but then again every area is different. Personally I think the cop was having a slow day and figured he could try to tack on stuff

Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by chaaree
drive this fast >>

this fast >>

or this fast >>

...and you won't get pulled over, i promise.
ya and don't drive any slower than the speed limit either, or the cops might/will pull you over. lol i had that happen to me once

Originally Posted by dela
well as long as you drive like you should.. and get tint that is legal in your state... i dont see why they would bug you... also.. the louder you are, the more attention you'll get... exhaust, sound system, n such...

ohh and make sure u have a front license plate... esp if ur in cali..
very true. cops love to get people for no front plate. even if its inside the winshield they'l still pop you. tint as well. i've got plenty of tint tickets in the past. altho it is a fix it ticket, they add up.