General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fits land in Richmond VA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Fits land in Richmond VA!

Hey everyone this is my first post as I've been lurking for quite a while . My wife and I saw the Fit over in Bermuda last year and I've seen it as the Jazz in parts of Europe. We were happy to learn Honda decided to bring it here to the USA.

Last night we cruised to West Broad Honda in my S2000 and scoped out their 3 Fit Sports (Vivid Blue Pearl and Storm Silver MTs) which arrived during the morning hours. Unfortunately they were fresh off the truck and had not been PDI'ed or inspected so we weren't able to go for a test drive . Maybe later today or tomorrow though .

Initial impressions:

- plenty of room front and back
- comfy seats
- high seating position compared to what I'm used to
- Magic Seats cool although we didn't demonstrate all modes
- dash simple and effective but not as attractive as maybe it could be
- cool 3-spoke wheel design similar to my S2000
- luggage area smaller than expected but adequate space for most needs
- great looking little car (it turned our heads in Bermuda)
- Sport model body kit nice but not overdone as I thought it might be
- no sunroof option available per the wife's request
- Fit BEGS for the accessory 16" HFP or even 17" wheels, stock 15s look too small
- looks better to me in VBP as opposed to SS but both cars were dirty

Having not been able to turn the key and fire the engine/electronics, there isn't much more I can say at this point. Overall I liked the car and we'd buy a Taffeta White/Beige Sport 5MT. We're also considering an '06 Accord EX-L 5MT in the same color combo. We're tired of having black interiors so next one will have beige. The dealer didn't have any Fits with the beige so I'm hoping to catch that one later.

Last edited by HondaMike; 04-20-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
God I'm so jealous right now...

Old 04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
I'll be in Bermuda in July, didn't know they sold Fits over there. By then the US units will be long since out and I can compare differences.

Too bad I can't rent one on the island, scooters only.

I like the stock accessory 16" rims.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
I actually went by there today (WBH). They had a Vivid Blue Sport, a Vivid Blue Base, and a Storm Silver Sport. All three were manual transmission. While I was out driving the base, someone bought the Vivid Blue Sport, and another was seriously working on the Storm Silver Sport.

I actually bought mine at Pearson, but the only ones they got in the first drop, were gone before I had a chance to test drive. I was glad to be able to find a few at WBH to give a spin on I-64. It solidified my choice in the Vivid Blue color. Now, if only MY car would be shipped to the dealer!

Old 04-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Just curious if you paid MSRP or were West Broad and/or Pearson marking up? I was going to stop by West Broad today, but I'm not a big fan of the dealership. I purchased my last Honda from Colonial in Petersburg.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
West Broad was adding $850 to the sticker price, and was being very quick to add on mud guards to every base that came through the door. They were even contemplating dropping the 15" alloys on the base, after several customers had already commented on how cheap the wheel covers are.

I don't know if Pearson is marking them up... I locked in at MSRP on January 20th (before they even knew what the MSRP was going to be), and there were no others to look at when I was there. I think they currently have one Storm Silver auto on the lot right now. Don't know if it's a base or sport, though.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
I actually went by there today (WBH). They had a Vivid Blue Sport, a Vivid Blue Base, and a Storm Silver Sport. All three were manual transmission. While I was out driving the base, someone bought the Vivid Blue Sport, and another was seriously working on the Storm Silver Sport.

I actually bought mine at Pearson, but the only ones they got in the first drop, were gone before I had a chance to test drive. I was glad to be able to find a few at WBH to give a spin on I-64. It solidified my choice in the Vivid Blue color. Now, if only MY car would be shipped to the dealer!
we got 3 in on Tuesday, a red bas 5spd, a red sport A/T, adn VBP sport 5 speed, the only one that has sold since we started selling them was the VBP, and it's sitting in my garage, lol, yeah i love this thing.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Now that you guys have seen the Vivid Blue Pearl -- is it going to be a ticket magnet? Is it an in your face blue? I drive too fast to have a bright yellow car, and I am seeing this blue as the equivalent. It looks beautiful. But.... I'm thinking I'd better go with the Storm Silver MT Sport.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:21 PM
It's not a bright bright blue, it's the exact same blue tah tis used on teh 02-05 Civic SI, if you have seen them, and remember teh blue color from them.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 AM
I test drove a Storm Silver one today in VA Beach. My VBP should be here the first week in June.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Chris, Did Checkered Flag talk price with you? You drove the Silver base AT? Hall had a Black MT that is just plain beautiful!

(Beautiful for somebody else. I already had one black car in my life, an '87 Si.)

Old 04-22-2006, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaMike
Overall I liked the car and we'd buy a Taffeta White/Beige Sport 5MT.
I just drove my white Mazda MPV to Northeast Thailand over the Songkran holidays. The combination of some rain, the water festival (it's the most fun holiday going, IMHO) and the red clay (similar to that in the Southeast US) combined to trash the inside of the vehicle. It took a day to clean it up. Are you sure you want the biege interior?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
West Broad was adding $850 to the sticker price, and was being very quick to add on mud guards to every base that came through the door. They were even contemplating dropping the 15" alloys on the base, after several customers had already commented on how cheap the wheel covers are.

I don't know if Pearson is marking them up... I locked in at MSRP on January 20th (before they even knew what the MSRP was going to be), and there were no others to look at when I was there. I think they currently have one Storm Silver auto on the lot right now. Don't know if it's a base or sport, though.
Thanks for the info! I'm not surprised about West Broad. They're probably the last Richmond-area dealership I'd buy from.

I'm still about 2-3 months from purchasing so I have some time. I'll give Colonial or Pearson a shot, maybe Mechanicsville or Brown (Charlottesville) too.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by fit_ness
Chris, Did Checkered Flag talk price with you? You drove the Silver base AT? Hall had a Black MT that is just plain beautiful!

(Beautiful for somebody else. I already had one black car in my life, an '87 Si.)

Yeah I paid sticker nothing more, nothing less. I have put a deposit on it, to make sure that its sold and to solidify the numbers that I was quoted for payments.