General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

"Add MT to the endangered species list"

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Gotta love it!!

"Manual transmissions are typically compared to automatic transmissions, as the two represent the majority of options available to the typical consumer. These comparisons are general guidelines and may not apply in certain circumstances. Additionally, the recent popularity of semi-manual and semi-automatic transmissions renders many of these points obsolete."

"Driving a manual requires more involvement from the driver, thereby discouraging some dangerous practices."

EDIT: or makes them more complicated distracting you from driving your vehicle!

Whatever....

Nice article - you're just pulling the pieces out to back up your statements earlier. These are generalizations, not facts.

Like I said earlier - I have, have had, and will continue to have MT vehicles. It is just that this one is going to have the AT, with sport shift (which kinda elimates part of what is said about control earlier...) that will be fun. It will be nice in rush-hour traffic, and have more relaxed cruising on the interstate.

FWIW - I have two daughters who drive legally. They both learned and still drive MT vehicles - AND they are Honda's!!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by wyy183
"Driving a manual requires more involvement from the driver, thereby discouraging some dangerous practices."
Very well put!

B.T.W.... If I had enough money or won a high end luxury car I wouldn't car what kind of tranny it had in it. I would just be a baller!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by civic90
ive even taught my girlfriend to drive manual, she now says she hates driving autos!
Cool GF. I also taught mine, and she preferred manual, but that was 20 years ago, and now she is back in an automatic minivan. If they made a manual minivan she would drive it though (the Mazda 5 is too small, but close)