General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

people who bought a fit....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 AM
people who bought a fit....

not trying to be a hater, but why did you buy the ugliest car honda has ever made when you can get a civic for a little more money. i work at a honda dealer and we just got them in, and i can honestly say it is the ugliest car i have ever seen. also, we got a recall before we got the car. just thought you might wanna know that!!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 AM
f64
You might want to mention what the damn recall was specifically for, or am I the only one that wants to know?

Old 04-21-2006, 03:46 AM
Ive never heard of a manufacturer recalling a car when it barely just arrived into a new market with probably less then 25 Fit owners nationwide.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 AM
recall only means inspection, it does not mean anything is wrong with the car

Old 04-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by phishphreak1234
not trying to be a hater, but why did you buy the ugliest car honda has ever made when you can get a civic for a little more money. i work at a honda dealer and we just got them in, and i can honestly say it is the ugliest car i have ever seen. also, we got a recall before we got the car. just thought you might wanna know that!!
I'm sure your boss would just love to hear you say what you wrote here...NOT. If you don't like the car, so what. Spend your money somewhere else. You know what they say, right? Opinions are like as_holes, we all have one and they all stink.

The FIT has been out in Japan (and other places) for years. I'm sure all the bugs have been fixed, if there were any in the first or second model year. You say, Recall...B.S. Prove it.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:43 AM
There seem to be a lot of people with very negative opinions and 1 post.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
what the hell are you talking about?

Old 04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by timbuk3
what the hell are you talking about?
Who are you being rude too?

If it was me, then look at the first post in this thread, and similar posts in other threads.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi Troll!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your opinion is noted.

You know, some people dont want a big(er) car. personally, i want something really small so i can fit 2 cars in my garage (no pun intended) and open the doors wide without the possibility of dinging them. To capture most all of the fit sport features, you'd be looking at a EX model civic which would be knocking on the door of 20K.

The Civic's a nice car and was certainly in the top 5 of what i was considering. But i got what i wanted the most; a Fit Sport. There are hundreds of variables to consider, not just $$$ comparisons.

Azanon

Old 04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
and i am curious as to why you would post such a comment in a FIT FORUM. i'll bet honda loves to have you on their team.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Once you get a big box in the trunk of the Civic, you might understand part of the appeal of the Fit.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
i find it bizzare that people go throught the whole registration process to post 1 comment about how they think its ***.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
This car delivers NEW Honda quality, reliability, fully loaded features and perfomance for 3000 less than a Civic. It also gets better city mileage.
And it has the functional space of a small minivan.

Is that all too hard to comprehend. It saves real dollars and is fun to drive. For a City commuter like me with a family to support, that matters.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:21 AM
why i like my fit/jazz coz it's small..its easier to drive when u got stuck in traffic...and it's much more cheaper than other honda car... for small car i think the performance is the best... and if u want to sell the car the price still high

Old 04-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by phishphreak1234
Actually, he is not too far from the truth, but look at it this way. The Fit isn't the nicest looking car Honda has made compared to the Civic and the Accord, but that's saying a lot! An ugly Honda is still better looking than it's best looking competition.

I disagree that it is the ugliest because it looks better than the 84'-87' four door Civic wagon.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Actually, he is not too far from the truth, but look at it this way. The Fit isn't the nicest looking car Honda has made compared to the Civic and the Accord, but that's saying a lot! An ugly Honda is still better looking than it's best looking competition.
The closest you're going to get to "truth" as to which is uglier or prettier is to take a poll. And even then, someone is entitled to feel that the Fit looks better than both the Civic and the Accord. In my opinion (i get one too), the Civic looks best, but I like the Fit's look more than the Accord. But, again, i wanted a really small car so that's what i bought.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:09 PM
One more thing. At least he's an honest Honda employee. Most Honda salesman would look you in the face and tell you an ugly Honda is the hottest car around (not specifically referring to the Fit).

And lastly, he says it's the ugliest car he's ever seen. I guess he's never seen an AMC Pacer.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:16 PM
xdx
I hate to give this person another post because we all know they just jumped on here to tick off people.... but...

it's all personal preference... Some people think the Fit is too small or too big... or too tall or too low or too many options or not enough. Some people buy nothing but BMW's, some people buy nothing but Ford trucks... I'm glad not everyone wants a Fit... or else they'd be selling them for $30K...

If your whole life revolves around what car you drive... you probably need to get a life either way...

Apparently there are at least a few people who don't aggree with this guy... 9 came into the dealer next to me in L'ville on Wed and 9th one sold this morn...

And lastly... if you think that a top level Civic is just a few dollars more than a top level fit....hmmm... I'll take two...either that or you're not going to be working for Honda much longer...X

Old 04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by azanon
The closest you're going to get to "truth" as to which is uglier or prettier is to take a poll. And even then, someone is entitled to feel that the Fit looks better than both the Civic and the Accord. In my opinion (i get one too), the Civic looks best, but I like the Fit's look more than the Accord. But, again, i wanted a really small car so that's what i bought.
Yes you do get an opinion, and I highly value it. True, beauty is in the eye's of the beholder, but there are some elements of style that are timeless, and some that simply don't work no matter who you are.

I didn't like the Accord that was restlyed in 2002, but the 2006 with it's exterior refresh is actually a nice looking car (IMO).

I have wrestled with making a choice between the Civic and the Fit, but I really want a hatchback.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 PM
xdx
Originally Posted by azanon
I'd take the Civic hatch... but it's only in the UK... and I'm not importing it...

Quick Reply: people who bought a fit....