General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Refresh mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Refresh mode

I'm having problems getting the seats into "refresh" mode. I have the front seat slid all the way up but it seems like its just a bit too long to go all the way down to be level with the back seat. Its about 2inches higher than the back seat where they join. The sales guy was kind of able to jam it in by pulling the back seats up and lowering both the front and back at the same time into each other. it didnt really seem right to me. any one else having problems?

Old 04-28-2006, 08:45 PM
A salesman showed me how to first recline the rear seatback a few inches using its top edge release, then work with the front seat-- the front then lay down into the gap just fine. Without doing the recline of the rear seat it didn't work. Hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, more the rear seat back. When I test drove a fit, the salesman wanted to show me all the modes, but he was having a hell of a time getting the refresh mode to work, plus it was raining. Even after he had the back seat back all the way and the front seat up all the way, it was a snug fit to get it into refresh mode.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
U have to recline the back seats all the way. that's the hardest part to figure out of all the modes. To do so, pull the hatch also used for pulling the seats foward.

my salesman also had a hard time w/ the refresh mode. another dealer showed me correctly, but he had to juggle around stuff before he was able to.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I was trying to get the seats into la moda refresh in the school parking lot yesterday. Good thing it was very early, and only one other car was around (I park my Fit farrrr away because I'm scared of dings).

Definitely remember to push the back seatbacks all the way back, as far as they go. If you look at the seatbacks from the hatch, there's a metal loop that they latch onto. Make sure they are at the end of that (closest to you). I don't know if that was clear, but just take a peek and it'll make sense.

Even then, I have to kind of struggle to get the front seat all the way flush with the backseat. Does it seem like the front seat doesn't lock when it's in it's most front position? When I move the front seatback down, the entire seat would slide back an inch and lock. So I had to move the seatback down while making sure the entire seat didn't move back... and then push down on the seatback to make it flush. whew.

It sounds like I'm killing my car seats... but it's not as bad as it sounds. And I'm usually more coherent when I'm not sleep-deprived.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, its all about reclining the rear seats first. I had no idea the rear seats reclined. I thought i knew everything about the Fit

Old 04-30-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by annie
Does it seem like the front seat doesn't lock when it's in it's most front position? When I move the front seatback down, the entire seat would slide back an inch and lock. So I had to move the seatback down while making sure the entire seat didn't move back... and then push down on the seatback to make it flush. whew.
yes. wtf? when we got our first fit on the lot, we had about 5 salespeople who went to the ride and drive stumped as to how to get into refresh mode. hahaha. i still have a problem doing it.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Yea. I think the refresh mode, cuz of the reclining issue, is the only one that is not intuitive. The others, u just have to see the picture.

I also hate how honda promote the long mode using a surf board. That would get the clean part of the passenger front seat wet. They should have used a cello or something cleaner. If i was a surfer, i'd have to improvise before i'd carry a surf board w/ the fit.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
Yea. I think the refresh mode, cuz of the reclining issue, is the only one that is not intuitive. The others, u just have to see the picture.

I also hate how honda promote the long mode using a surf board. That would get the clean part of the passenger front seat wet. They should have used a cello or something cleaner. If i was a surfer, i'd have to improvise before i'd carry a surf board w/ the fit.
yeah the whole surf board thing comes across as desperately trying to court the younger crowd. i saw a video of a honda rep talking about the fit and she smugly said that honda "prefers" to mention a surfboard as something you can carry in long mode. seriously, how many people are going to actually carry a surfboard. i go surfing once, maybe twice a year in the outerbanks. If you dont live anywhere near the coast, you never go.

that said, im planning on getting some moving blankets to keep in my fit to lay down for when i carry my mountain bike or a surfboard.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Thumbs up Yesss!

After reading all of your posts on setting the refresh mode, I went outdoor to play with the seats and I figured out on how to set the refresh mode with the good way and I've found it! I didn't catched we have to push backward the back seat a bit for best results. Thanks!!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Or... put the front and rear seats down at the same time (took two of us!) I discovered the rear seats reclined "a little more" a few days later... heehee!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 AM
was needing two people to set the refresh mode until I discover here that the back seats can recline a bit. I should read user's manual...

Last edited by benfal2001; 05-11-2006 at 06:57 PM.