General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Cleaning the FIT 101

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I used the completed line of Autoworks High Performance Auto Care and recommended it to everyone, got it at kentho - Market America :: Built on Product. Powered by People. under Automotive & Tools and get paid to shop online with over 3000 Shopping Partner Stores in North America. Make sure u select either the US or Canada Flag on top to see price.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
T-shirts are extremely rough and don't attract dust like a microfiber do. I understand its always best to get bird shit off IMMEDIATELY. Just start carrying a microfiber towel and some quick detailer in the car for instances like this.
Your saying the t-shirts just spread the crap around instead of picking it up? I see that, yeah. I actually DO have a quick detailer and like 40 microfiber towels now, in fact I just bought a huge pack. That does seem like a better method, I'll start doing that instead, thanks.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Depending on what the bird has been eating, that bird poop can be EXTREMELY abrasive. THOROUGHLY wet any bird poop before trying to remove it. I soak a paper towel in water and lay it on the spot for a few minutes first. Don't rub it. I've seen that stuff actually scratch windshield glass.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I don't rub it out. I try to soak it with water to soften it up and then dab it out. Just keep turning to a dry portion and dab it up until it's gone. Then lightly wipe the area dry.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Austinj
Does anyone have any suggestions for 'spot cleaning' the exterior? If, say, a bird decides to do his business on my car the day after I wash it, I'm not exactly keen to wash it all over again, but I know bird droppings are very bad for the paint. Is there any kind of spray or anything that I could use to just clean that spot, without having to break out the bucket and wash mitt?
Meguiers Instant Detailer - any of these can be used in between washing. Is a great product if you need to clean up bug guts or a bird dropping. Just spray and let it sit up to loosen the droopings and then wipe clean. I keep a detailing kit in my car with microfibers just for that purpose.

Cat :x

Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Get the black bottle of meguiars ultimate quick detailer, its way better than the pink bottle. It has polymers which give the paint an extra small layer of protection and gives a deeper gloss.

Also be careful when using quick detailer when the car is too dirty as it can cause swirls. Quick detail is not meant to be used as a wash. Only use it to clean up minor dirt, bugs, or bird crap. It also works great after every wash to remove waterspots caused during drying and to remove any water you may have missed. Also the ultimate quick detailer extends the life of your wax and makes the car look great. It also works extremely well on wheels and door jambs.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
So, I tried the Folex product on my front seat cushion that had the bad stains on it. Sprayed it on, agitated with fingers, and damped it up. At first it looked like the stains were gone. I was amazed. Then, when I got home, I looked again and Folex had actually created MORE stains. I tried it on the door fabric and that worked a lot better. All the skin looking scuffs were gone. On the seat though, nothing improved at all. I'm really pissed at the person who owned it before me. The stains are weird because you can only see the outside edges of them.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Its worked great when I've used it and it has a cult-like following in the detailers forums.

You did vaccuum before and after and use hot water before you removed it right? There is no way Folex will create more stains.