General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Intermittent rear wiper for GD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Intermittent rear wiper for GD?

Has anyone done this? I would love an intermittent option for my rear wiper. I get precip that isn't down pours and it drives me up the wall to have to keep turning the wiper on and off, and leaving it on ends up rubbing the wiper on a dry glass.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
I would like to know the same... the thing is too fast most of the time....

Old 09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
The wiper switch from the first gen. Insight has this feature and looks like it would match up with the Fit. Supposedly it would be plug and play since all the electronics are in the actual switch for the GD, it better be cause the switch costs like $80. I posted the part # somewhere on the GE variable intermittent wiper thread.

EDIT: My bad, I brain farted and was thinking front variable intermittent instead of rear intermittent. :P

Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
darn, you got my hopes up for a second there.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
when was the last time you were driving and ran into the car behind you?

I hardly ever use the rear wiper except maybe just before I need to parallel park. Just keep it clean and use some rain-X, the water rolls right off our almost vertical rear window.

My old 626 hatch on the other hand with the gentle slope rear window... it needed the rear wipers.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by j5ive
when was the last time you were driving and ran into the car behind you?
What the hell kind of question is that? I like to be aware of my surroundings which includes being able to see behind me. By that logic you don't need side windows either. Do you ask people that have a sunroof when the last time they took their car flying was? I do use my rear wiper for situational awareness purposes if thats Ok with you?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitPilot
What the hell kind of question is that? I like to be aware of my surroundings which includes being able to see behind me. By that logic you don't need side windows either. Do you ask people that have a sunroof when the last time they took their car flying was? I do use my rear wiper for situational awareness purposes if thats Ok with you?
Great answer....+rep.... i could not agree more...

Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 PM
wow, skip a smiley and look what happens. No one has a sense or irony!

Since there's no easy fix, I simply made light of the situation and tried to offer alternatives; i.e. Rain-X. In fact, with Rain-X on, I hardly used my front wipers either.

You've got near vertical rear windows on the Fit, same as the side windows. There are no wipers on the side windows, so how so you shoulder check? So can you see through the rear and be aware of what's behind you without the wiper? yes you can!

It's Sunday!! Relax a bit!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by j5ive
wow, skip a smiley and look what happens. No one has a sense or irony!

Since there's no easy fix, I simply made light of the situation and tried to offer alternatives; i.e. Rain-X. In fact, with Rain-X on, I hardly used my front wipers either.

You've got near vertical rear windows on the Fit, same as the side windows. There are no wipers on the side windows, so how so you shoulder check? So can you see through the rear and be aware of what's behind you without the wiper? yes you can!

It's Sunday!! Relax a bit!
Sigh, The side windows aren't subject to the same area of low pressure that the rear is at highway speeds. Why do you think anything with a flat rear window has a wiper? (suburban, minivan, fit, etc). In any case if it was a joke vs being serious, as you mentioned with out the smiley its kinda hard to know how you intended that comment to be read.

It's all good, moving on.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
I like to hit my rear wiper every once and a while. Makes me feel like im waving to cars behind me!

Although i feel your pain on it rubbing down the glass when its dry. (accidentally left mine on for like 20 minutes =X)