General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Oil draining from door drainage holes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Oil draining from door drainage holes

I've had my new Fit for 2 weeks now and suddenly all 4 doors have thick oil/grease draining from the door drainage holes. Has anyone experienced anything like this. I'm taking it back to the dealer, but I respect your opinions. I tend to get quite a bit of run around from the dealer already just in 2 weeks of ownership.

Last edited by dmiddy; 06-10-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
that sounds terrible....

Old 06-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Only time i've ever seen that is when the window tracks have been way over-lubricated and it was draining all down the underskirt, something that shouldn't happen with new window tracks that should be dry from the factory (for once they first get lubrication, it must be continually re-lubed).

If it's not that, I have no idea.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
markwalter......very terrible for a drama mom like myself.

Polaski....thanks for the thought, I will definitely be aware of that and keep tabs of anything happening. I did take it back to the dealer today and I just said "what the heck did you do to my car? You were buffing the bumper last I knew." The told me that there was another white fit upstairs without plates for rustproofing and they did mine by accident. They acted like I should be bowing to them for such a great mistake. Does that sound legit to you?? Love to hear your thoughts on this.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
So they sprayed oil inside every body panel for "rust proofing" ?

I'd call Honda of America.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
So if they rust-proofed your car did they do all of it, or just over load the door and have they given you the warranty/supportive paper work re: the rust proofing so you know they really did it and you now own it?

Looking to me like they had no intention of telling you. Another conversation with them might be in order and identify exactly what they did and what it means to you. They owe you the total job if they in fact did it "by mistake" and are acting all high and mighty over it. That attitude suggests to me they really aren't coming clean - but that's just my jaded mind

K_C_

Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Interesting info everyone. Once they said it was accidentally rust-proofed I did ask if I now had a warranty. They chuckled and said the warranty is what I would have actually paid for. I'm not letting this go though. I want some proof to hold on to that they even did this to my car. ANYONE HEARD THIS....sometimes this rustproofing can clog those drain holes in the doors and your doors actually fill up with water. I'm really concerned now since I would have never had this crap put in or on my car.
AWPTIKES and KC----- you are right, shouldn't the rust proofing been elsewhere? I had asked this question as well, but only phrased it in terms to the underbody and of course they corrected me in saying that would have been undercoating.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Which Honda Dealer?

Originally Posted by dmiddy
markwalter......very terrible for a drama mom like myself.

Polaski....thanks for the thought, I will definitely be aware of that and keep tabs of anything happening. I did take it back to the dealer today and I just said "what the heck did you do to my car? You were buffing the bumper last I knew." The told me that there was another white fit upstairs without plates for rustproofing and they did mine by accident. They acted like I should be bowing to them for such a great mistake. Does that sound legit to you?? Love to hear your thoughts on this.
Just curious, which Honda Dealer did you go to? Is it Pflueger, Windward or Tony? I remember reading about an FF member had a hard time with Windward Honda when he requested a software update on the MPG display showing 10-15% higher than actual.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Bought at Pflueger. I really did my shopping and they from a sales point treated me really great and were the most willing to meet a price I was willing to pay (I'm sure I still paid too much). I can't say I'm unhappy with the dealer at all, I just really want to make sure they did rust-proof my car and I want to make sure it does not clog my door drain holes. They were pretty messy about the whole thing though. This gunk that I thought was oil/grease was everywhere and had to be cleaned off.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm having this same problem with the Fit Sport I purchased last month. It's the worst when it rains. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I had mine undercoated - on invoice say rust inhibitor. No drips in over a year.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Rust proofing, you got $'s worth!