General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by caligula
I did Call Honda's national Automobile Customer Service but they told the same BS so I am complainig in BBB and see what happens.
Lodge a BBB complaint against Honda wouldn't do you any good. Folks at Honda probably have tons of different letters ready to send to BBB to overturn your or anyone else's complaint.

If the HU is stock and it failed for no reason, the problem should be cover under warranty even if you disconnect the battery. If the same thing happens to me, both Honda and the dealership would each get a letter from my lawyer. If they still wouldn't address the issue, I would be more than willing to put the whole thing through litigation.

Or, you can do what a member at Focaljet.com did. He wrote "XYZ Dealer Sold Me This Lemon" or something to that effect on his car. He then parked the car on a public road, right by the dealer lot. However, I can't exactly say the action would certainly yield favorable result though.

Hope everything works out for you in the end.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
I already call Honda's national Automobile Customer Service but they told me the same crap.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bschurma
Oh my! If you knew how easy that filter change is, you would realize that that is highway robbery. If you open the glove box, take everything out and then and push the little tabs on the sides that hold it in the dash and let it swing open all the way. There is a little tray back there, you slide it out pop out the old filter and pop the new one in. 5 min. max. So at 8% of $100/per hr dealer rate = $8! Then another 5 min. for the air filter and you got $16 total. You paid for that other labor one way or another.

Air filter or Oil filter? Oil filter should be changed ever oil change. Air filter is one of the maintenance items under the maintenance minder on the dash and IS covered in the manual. Those categories are all that's really mentioned in the manual but read them carefully and everything is there. Although the brake fluid needs to be completely changed every 3 years no matter the mileage.
Thanks for the info on the pollen filter change. I'll do it myself next time. Two different mechanics looked for it and said it's not located where they've seen it in other Hondas, so I gave up and let the dealer handle it.

I'm referring to the air filter by the engine, which drops right in and is secured with clips. Even I can do that! After not finding it listed in the manual under "filter", I looked through the entire manual and didn't see it. I'll check and see under "maintenance minder" -- guess it's just a glitch in the index. Seems to me everything that is a "filter" should be listed there!

Old 03-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hondady
Is your car a fit sport with paddle shifting or a regular automatic?
Paddle shifting sport.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by mjrossman17
Just a brief note to say that it appears that my trany is not working. I have no reverse and the car kicks like it has a shift kit(both after it is warm). I also had the engine indicator come on today. I am frustrated by this and annoyed. It just rolled to 10k miles. I will keep everyone posted from here, but the dealership better pray they dont jerk me around. I have rebuilt many engines and transmissions. I know my rights, and I work with the public, which they like to hear about when I tell them that I can share the information with MANY people daily. Anyone else encountered this issue. Thank God I have two cars....in addition last two tanks with 80% highway hafve yielded 23.45 mpg. Pathetic!
OK, so I bought another car (van) and haven't driven the Fit in a couple weeks. Anyway, so I dropped in the K&N panel filter and filled up the tank. I went from 21-25 mpg to 32 mpg on that tank! Plus, I had quite a few redlines and some aggressive driving in general. All highway was around 80 mph. So, I guess the bullet point to this is I think this brought me back to par. Hopefully this holds up. I also didnt change my driving habit. As far as the K&N filter, it seems to sound a little different at higher rpms with wot. Transmission has been smooth since repair. Oh, btw 10k miles.

Last edited by mjrossman17; 03-03-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FondaFit
Thanks for the info on the pollen filter change. I'll do it myself next time. Two different mechanics looked for it and said it's not located where they've seen it in other Hondas, so I gave up and let the dealer handle it.

I'm referring to the air filter by the engine, which drops right in and is secured with clips. Even I can do that! After not finding it listed in the manual under "filter", I looked through the entire manual and didn't see it. I'll check and see under "maintenance minder" -- guess it's just a glitch in the index. Seems to me everything that is a "filter" should be listed there!
It's located under maintenance sub item #2. So you could see it with an A, B, or C service. It states that it should also be replaced every 15,000 miles if the vehicle is driven in primarily dusty conditions. The pollen filter is also listed in the same sub item and also states that it should be changed every 15,000 miles is the car is primarily driven in urban areas.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Update -- finally rained, so I got to test out the new wiper blades replaced under warranty. The noise is gone! Nice and smooth, no rubbing, squeaky noise, even on slowest intermittent speed. There were a lot of posts some months back about problems with noisy wipers. Some people solved the problem by reversing the inserts so the lettering can't rub on the windshield. All the service dept. did was replace the blades and that took care of it.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by rayzer59
Message came back on today.

Filled up on Friday, tightened 6 clicks (old habit). Had a cold front come through, just like last time. Drive to work in unusually cool weather. Car sat in lot and heated up with 75 very lightly driven miles so fuel level in the tank would have been about the same. When I left work, message came on about 30 sec. after cranking. Checked when I got home, cap not loose.

Honda has an issue here that their engineers will have to figure out. My advice is to talk to a service manager if this happens to you and make a report, get them to write a repair order so you will be in whatever system they have and keep in touch or watch this forum for a fix.

Until then, get acquainted with fuse 16.
Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you're clicking it 6 times every time you close it? Granted I've only put about 4800km on mine, I only click the gas cap once like it tells you in the manual and I haven't had any warning problems..

Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by caligula
2 day ago I got a problem whit the head unit, it just stop working, it just stay off like a fuse problem, but I check the fuses ( but first I disconect the battery then check fusses) and evrething is ok, then I took my car to the dealer and told them what happen, they said "just because you disconect the battery you voided the warranty, you'll have to pay $95.00 just to open the center panel and look for the problem and $45.00 if we need to remplace any fuses, if none of these thing are the problems then we have to remplace the head unit like $850.00 + labor.
so take care whit the warranty
THEY FIX IT UNDER WARRANTY, AND ITS ALREADY DONE, I'M READY TO RIDE ON WEEKEND.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ToyFit
Lodge a BBB complaint against Honda wouldn't do you any good. Folks at Honda probably have tons of different letters ready to send to BBB to overturn your or anyone else's complaint.

If the HU is stock and it failed for no reason, the problem should be cover under warranty even if you disconnect the battery. If the same thing happens to me, both Honda and the dealership would each get a letter from my lawyer. If they still wouldn't address the issue, I would be more than willing to put the whole thing through litigation.

Or, you can do what a member at Focaljet.com did. He wrote "XYZ Dealer Sold Me This Lemon" or something to that effect on his car. He then parked the car on a public road, right by the dealer lot. However, I can't exactly say the action would certainly yield favorable result though.

Hope everything works out for you in the end.

WWW.BBB.COM THIS GUYS HELPED ME A LOT.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:31 AM
I am glad your problem was taken care of.

Good to hear Honda took care of the problem. Wouldn't it be nice if it wasn't always a battle to get them to do fixes? Always amazes me they spend millions advertising to get customers and sales and then let their service departments run off the customers.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I've had my Fit for about two weeks now and haven't had any problems at all untill now. I picked up my car from the detailer today and noticed that there was a bubble on the dash right in front of the center vents. Thinking, it was just something that the detailer spilled on the dash I took a wet microfiber cloth and tried to clean it off...nothing. It just ran over the bump like it was dried superglue or something. I took it back over to the detailer to see if he could clean it off. He took some kind of strong solution to try and clean it and it took the paint off the dash leaving a silverish finish. The bump is STILL there after removing the paint from the dash which mean it has to be a defect in the plastic somehow correct?

I'm taking it to the dealership to see if it's covered under warranty but just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem and whether or not you think this will be covered under warranty. If it isn't, can you buy paint from the dealership to just repaint it?

Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Here is a pic of said imperfection.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Second repair needed

Nothing big, but thought I'd add it to the archives.

I had to get the rear driver-side seat's level replaced. It seemed to have come loose from the left side (looking back). It still worked, but it's under warranty so I wanted to get it fixed. They ordered the part and I was 1:05h from the time I left my home 'till I drove back into the driveway. Didn't even have time to finish my coffee at the dealership!

Digi

Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi all I have had some BIG problems with my Jazz.

I was driving to Bangkok a couple of months ago and noticed the engine being louder than normal. I eventually found a petrol pump and popped the hood, started the engine and sure enough it was louder. the guy at the pump told me to turn off the engine. He then checked the oil and it was below minimum point on the dip stick. got it filled up with oil again and when i got back to the dealership they said that there’s nothing they can do until they see that the engine oil has dropped.... so i said ok and decided to take a nice loooong drive to Bangkok again and drive around all day in the city, sure enough the sound of the engine got louder which obviously meant the oil was dropping. Got back to Pattaya (my city) and went to the dealership and they said ok wait while we check. they came back to me after 30 min and said right we have filed a report with Bangkok head branch and filled you up with oil again. They then said come back once the oil level drops again. so i decided to just take it easy for about a week going to work and the shops. go back once the engine sound is louder again.

This time they put the Jazz up on the car lift and tell me to take a look around the underside of the engine with them. They said we want you to know that there is no oil leak. I knew that because the muffler was black from where the engine has been burning the oil. They then did a compression test and that was fine. The head technician then was pretty much stumped as the car is under a year old. He then checks the spark plugs and they also were the right color. He took off the air filter and where it connects to the throttle body it had a lot of oil around the intake pipe. He came to the conclusion that the problem was the valves. 2 weeks later I have new valve system. 4 days ago the engine noise started to get louder again, took the car back yet again and left it there.

Went there couple days back to check everything and the head technician said he contacted Japan and apparently there is a common design fault on the Valve system for the Jazz/Fit 1.5 VTEC model.
They are going to change the parts that are necessary to change to fix the problem under warranty and labor will be free as well.

Here are a couple of pics from inside the Jazz/Fit 1.5 VTEC engine and some of the parts they need to replace.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Unhappy Engine Problems 1.5Vtec

Hi all I have had some BIG problems with my Jazz.

I was driving to Bangkok a couple of months ago and noticed the engine being louder than normal. I eventually found a petrol pump and popped the hood, started the engine and sure enough it was louder. the guy at the pump told me to turn off the engine. He then checked the oil and it was below minimum point on the dip stick. got it filled up with oil again and when i got back to the dealership they said that there’s nothing they can do until they see that the engine oil has dropped.... so i said ok and decided to take a nice loooong drive to Bangkok again and drive around all day in the city, sure enough the sound of the engine got louder which obviously meant the oil was dropping. Got back to Pattaya (my city) and went to the dealership and they said ok wait while we check. they came back to me after 30 min and said right we have filed a report with Bangkok head branch and filled you up with oil again. They then said come back once the oil level drops again. so i decided to just take it easy for about a week going to work and the shops. go back once the engine sound is louder again.

This time they put the Jazz up on the car lift and tell me to take a look around the underside of the engine with them. They said we want you to know that there is no oil leak. I knew that because the muffler was black from where the engine has been burning the oil. They then did a compression test and that was fine. The head technician then was pretty much stumped as the car is under a year old. He then checks the spark plugs and they also were the right color. He took off the air filter and where it connects to the throttle body it had a lot of oil around the intake pipe. He came to the conclusion that the problem was the valves. 2 weeks later I have new valve system. 4 days ago the engine noise started to get louder again, took the car back yet again and left it there.
Went there couple days back to check everything and the head technician said he contacted Japan and apparently there is a common design fault on the Valve system for the Jazz/Fit 1.5 VTEC model.
They are going to change the parts that are necessary to change to fix the problem under warranty and labor will be free as well.

Here are a couple of pics from inside the Jazz/Fit 1.5 VTEC engine and some of the parts they need to replace.

Click here for bigger photos
http://www.putfile.com/jazzxtreme/images/102960

Click here for Other Jazz/Fit related photos
http://www.putfile.com/jazzxtreme/images

Old 04-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Warranty repairs

8 miles - picked up my Fit

20 miles - multifunction indicator light comes on - replaced oxygen sensor

328 miles - mulitfunction indicator light back on - replaced computer
-also right side wiper noise/chatter - arm and blade replaced
(with 12,000 miles this problem still exists)

10,400 miles - SRS recall

Old 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dembears
8 miles - picked up my Fit

20 miles - multifunction indicator light comes on - replaced oxygen sensor

328 miles - mulitfunction indicator light back on - replaced computer
-also right side wiper noise/chatter - arm and blade replaced
(with 12,000 miles this problem still exists)

10,400 miles - SRS recall

What's it take to get the lemon law to kick in where you are? You definitely seem to have gotten a bum Fit.

Digi

Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Extended warranty costs

Is it worth the extra $1000.00 for the 6 year 80,000 mile warranty?

Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
For peace of mind, we got it (my b/f and I). We wanted the warranty to last as long as our payments did. :P

I'm not sure about America (or even other Canadian provinces), but our coverage includes things like towing and (up to) a $500 coverage if we get stranded anywhere because of a breakdown, regardless of the number of kilometers we've got on it. That was the deal closer for us... As it is we're 9 months in and already have ~25,000km on it. So the warranty may not last after all, but at least the towing/$500 coverage will.

Without it we would have had to get CAA (AAA equiv. in Canada) and that would have not been a lot cheaper. Given that I hate CAA (bad experiences in the past) I would say yeah, it's worth it.

But your mileage may vary, as they say.

Digi

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs