General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by GreekFit
Hello everyone,

Well, I had my second problem with the Fit (my first was the radio controller shorting out), and this ones pretty bad. I got my first oil change on Friday. Saturday morning I went out to the car to get my kids clothes (we went school shopping, and the car looked fine. I went back an hour later and found that a 9 inch ctack suddenly appeares on the windshield. It originated from the lower left, under the outside bezel. Now I know for a fact that no stone has hit the windshield at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

FYI, I called the dealer and explained the situation, they told me to call my insurance, but I explained to them that this is a defect in the car, nothing hit the windshield. I am going in on Monday for them to look at it. I hope it gets resolved.

Please let me know if anyone else has seen this happen.
man i just give up, i am having lots of little problems i dont even mention cause my mpgs and paint are so major - but when i went to the dealer about my paint problems they looked at my windshied and claimed it had marks from road rocks and stuff. you know i dont ever drive on highways unless i am going to their place - so it happened that day. i dont know if the car is just very delicate or we (who are having problems) are just sloppy bad drivers.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roenyc
you read my mind! what are the last five numbers of your vin number? leo may be on to something. they may have rushed our cars out before they had a chance to dry or somehting. its like there is no top coat.

i am driving a chevy colbolt ugh, but i cant scratch this paint if i wanted to! and i'v tried! lol

my vin 09188

oh and complian to honda - they need to know.
My vin is 03501 so it is sorta early. The dealership did a touch-up job because I really didn't feel like hassilin' to get the whole roof repainted plus the spots were not that big at all... and I definately will be complaining to Honda, how will they know it is a widespread problem if you never tell them.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:16 PM
exactly. and yes its very early. first 10000. mine was bad. the hood and roof. whenever we went to rub it it just chipped off. its getting its clear coat done today. hey i have a few problems with this car including lousy gas miliege.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like i'm onto somethin here. I am 10711. not sure when the cut off was for thie first run but a don't have the peeling problem. But my paint is just as fragile with regards to scratches and chips.

Thankfully i do not have the MPG problems or i'd be really pissed off too. I am getting between 32-36 depending on how i drive.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
nahhh - i'm like in the 14k range - and i have the peeling paing on my rear bumper

Old 08-31-2006, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
wow that's interesting. you're the first i've heard of. How bad is it?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
just little wrinkles - the start of it right at the join between the bumper and body.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
there goes that theory...

Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
That's it, I'm feeling left out. I'll be bringing mine in for lack of problems.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
b17gsr,
Maybe your Honda dealer will give you a prize?
boatfloyd

Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Dropped my Fit off for the paint to be fixed and some suspension issues. VIN is 02321. I would say that the paint is paper thin, but I think that paper would be an improvement. Anyway, mpg is getting better, mid thirties now, so at least I dont have that looming over this. I will keep you all updated on what they end up doing with the car to fix it.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:43 AM
glad you are getting better mpgs. any tips?

i got my car back!!! man it was like picking a baby up from the hospital. i was so happy to see her. i missed her soooo much - gas problems and all. i love this car. love her.

anyway it was raining like crazy when i picked her up. but she looked beautiful. (i will let you know what she really looks like when rain stops) you know what the acid in the rain on staten island does to cars. lol

but man the car NEVER looked this good. never shined this shiney i put my radio antenna on the roof and no scratches from the antenna - before the paint would just scratch up like crazy.

oh they made sure to put in my reciept this was not a warrenty issue!! that this was a one time curtisy paint job. i am very happy they painted both the hood fenders bumpers and roof of the car but they didnt do it as a warrenty thing and that means they are not taking responibility for it. am i making sense?

are they doing that to all of you with paint issues?

i cant wait till the sun comes up then i can see how it looks.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
Glag to here it Roe! Looking forward to some pics but don't count on the sun coming out any time soon.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
thanks and yes if the rains stops i will take soom shots. i have a party planed for tomorrow so it will probably rain all day! weird, we either have cold or hot no in between.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Hello,

As I can see, there are many more with same paint issues as me.

So I come from Eorope and I bought a 2006 JAZZ sport - colour: pearl blue.

Problem:
- the paint layer is too thin (someone scrathed it with somenthing on the roof - ffs)
- someone banged my passenger door (with his door prolly) and what is left is a bunch of scratch - omfg

I have it covered by insurance, but this wont save my paint problem.

I am going to visit my local dealer and try to solve the problem somehow. I am going to keep you updated...

Last edited by kocba; 09-16-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:09 AM
There is a world of difference between the New paint job on my roof and hood and the rest of my Black Fit. I had my key in hand and lighly scraped it against the old part of the paint (accedently of course) and it left an ugly scrape. now i tested this on purpose on the roof (crazy right?) but there was no damage - no scratch on the roof of my car using the same amount of pressure.

someone asked if they could lean on my car the other day. i said no!!! it will break! (i felt like such a jerk).

funny how acid rain isnt a problem on my new paint job.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Roe it's supposed to be nice tomorrow so try and put up some pics if you can. I would like to see the difference close up.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:53 AM
[quote=leonine] I went to a DIY carwash after i bought and used the scrub brush to clean the car (i felt the bristles and they were very soft) and afterwards the whole f@#!ing car had swirls on it quote]

Any so called "car wash brush", no matter how "soft" it may be will give you swirl marks on ANY car. I would never use any type of brush for the exterior paint. Just stick with a sheepskin or microfiber mit. The DIY car washes are only good for a hose down.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
Didn't happen on my element.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by leonine
Hey Roe it's supposed to be nice tomorrow so try and put up some pics if you can. I would like to see the difference close up.
i dont have the car today my son does. we have had so much rain lately! i havent had a chance to take any new photos.

but my car is black and the photos really dont do it much justice as to the difference unless i could get the car in a lighted garage and take photos the sun just messes it up.

i never wash the car with a brush!! only hand car wash by guys with little hand held wrags or somthing. then they dry it with drying wrags. they clean the tires with brushes.

then my son waxes it (not always). for the first time since i have owned the car the rain beads on the roof and hood! its a beautiful thing. of course it just sticks to the rest of the car and looks like i never waxed it.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs