General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Toyota likes commericlas.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Toyota likes commericlas.

I have seen tons of toyota commercials lately and scion.. I just now saw one that included the Yairs, and you hardly ever see any kind of Honda commercial.. since I got my car I have not really seen any Fit commercials either. Any thoughts on this?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Retired Moderator
I've seen the Fit ad a few times on TV...the Yaris one used to come on once every commercial break, but I haven't seen it recently in my area...

Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Aiming to sell 50k, i don't think it's intended for mass sales. plus, they want the fit to be a premium car. it costs most of many econboxes anyway.

So 1) epxect to sell few 2) wins a lot of accolades 3) costs a lot, etc.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Gordio
Aiming to sell 50k, i don't think it's intended for mass sales. plus, they want the fit to be a premium car. it costs most of many econboxes anyway.

So 1) expect to sell few 2) wins a lot of accolades 3) costs a lot, etc.
A few months ago I read an interview with the Pres of Toyota and he said that Honda and Toyota aren't really competitors (of course they are but blah blah blah) because they have completely different business plans. Toyota considers it's main competitor to be Hyundai because Hyundai is using Toyota's business plan. I read that to mean, Toyota is going for as many cars as they can sell while Honda is going more for slow, steady growth with a limited number of vehicles.

Note that you also never see Honda Odyssey commercials but so far in 2006 it is outselling the Toyota Sienna, mainly because of the reviews.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Toyota will likely take over the number 1 automaker position in the near future and has been growing rapidly.

Of course Honda is a competitor, but Hyundai is likely the competitor they view as higher risk because they are growing so fast and improving quality so quickly.

Toyota is also making rediculous sums of cash and can afford to spend on advertising. I'm sure Honda is doing fine, but not at the level of Toyota.

It's good Honda isn't doing alot of advertising for the Fit because their commercials are total crap. It would just turn people off of the Fit.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
I saw the fit commercial when I went to the movie theater. It was my first fit, my virgin commercial

Old 06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
lol, i saw the cat-like reflexes one i was laughing at the commercial...!!! the one where it eats the escalade isnt that bad either.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 PM
i wish i could see one! i found one online where it shows a bunch of stuff whirling around and then fitting in the back (youtube.com) but i have yet to see one on tv. in more tangible news, though, i had my first simultaneous fit encounter yesterday in real life!

p.s. (this has nothing to do with the original posting but) i don't see how the yaris could even be thought of as competing with the fit. you have a 2-door plus hatch competing with a 4-door plus hatch. i took a look at a yaris before i bought my fit, just to see what all the fuss was about, but i honestly didn't see a worthy comparison.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Honda specifically says they're not advertising on the major networks. They are aiming at the internet and on some of the cable channels like Sci Fi, Oxygen. Here's how they plan to use the web:

http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/ar..._id=1002423717