General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Broken Fog and missing Rubber Roof Molding????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Broken Fog and missing Rubber Roof Molding????

Ok...I bought my CPO 2009 Fit Sport exactly 9 days ago and as I was washing it, i realize the driver side rubber roof molding is missing...leaving the deep rain gutter channel. I start washing the front lip and see that the passenger side fog light lens is cracked and is falling into pieces.

Has anyone "lost" a roof molding before? I'm pretty confident that both the fog light and the roof molding were issues before I drove the car off the lot. Even on the inspection sheet they gave me upon sale, it showed that they replaced the very same fog light...but maybe they didn't? What are the odds that the same one broke in 9 days worth of driving?

Being a Certified Pre Owned Honda, I had them replace the front two tires and do an alignment 3 days after my purchase due to the tire noise and drifting problem. They did it, no problem. But talking to service about the fog light, they said it was not part of the CPO but a wear-and-tear item. I would need to bring it in for them to check.

So here is my question, do I take it in again and strap in for a debate, or pay the $177 total to Majestic Honda for the parts and deal with it myself?

Am I asking too much from a CPO car? (my first)

Any advice would be helpful.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Update....

Dealer said they WOULD NOT cover a fog light, as new cars break the fogs even days after purchase.

So, I just decided to get the fog light, roof molding, AND get the mugen short shift kit AND the leather wrap steering wheel cover from majestic (best prices for these purchases).

Yeah, I splurged a little out of my frustration! =)

Old 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by drumsauce
Update....

Dealer said they WOULD NOT cover a fog light, as new cars break the fogs even days after purchase.

So, I just decided to get the fog light, roof molding, AND get the mugen short shift kit AND the leather wrap steering wheel cover from majestic (best prices for these purchases).

Yeah, I splurged a little out of my frustration! =)
How was the difficulty replacing the roof molding? Mine is about 2 inches short and leaks water near the passenger door.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Clean the groove well before you put the new one in, and a coat of black POR-15 in that groove might be a good idea. ( be darn sure its dry before you put the molding in... )
The POR will seal micro cracks and prevent rust.