General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Fit is...Smashed :-(

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Ouch.

I'm glad you both are okay. Cars are easier fixed than people.

Hoping it won't be long until your Fit looks like new!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Oh man, that sucks.

Hope everything works out for you in the end.

Until then here's a cute bunny pic to help cheer up.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
I hope that you did not suffer any injuries. Cars can be replaced, people can not!

Old 06-15-2006, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
Was your husband okay? I believe you said he was your passenger, so I sure hope he (and you) were not hurt.

VERY sorry to hear about your beautiful orange Fit's accident. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks all!

Hubby and I are completely fine, it barely jarred the car! Solid little Fit, isn't it?
Airbags did not deploy, thank GOODNESS, but yes it was a very slow speed collision so I don't think they would.
And hopefully it won't take tooooo long to get fixed!

In the mean time, today is hubby and my one year anniversary and he is treating me to a day at the spa. I think I will forget all about my poor Fit.....at least for a few hours!!!

p.s. that bunny rabbit is adorrrrrrable.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Based on your story you did have the right of way. His insurance is taking care of this right? Glad to see hear that your physically OK.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Let us know how the color match turns out. It looks like they'll be painting the entire side so it may not be an issue. Check their work with artificial lighting, i.e. Night-time super store lots with HP sodium or metal halide lighting. I dread to consider any spot repairs on my vivid blue. Maybe your wait will be hastened since Canada might already have enough inventory of OEM parts. LOL

Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
I've had my beautiful orange Fit for about 2 weeks now. Go out to town to go to Walmart with hubby...drivin' along drivin' along...I see a pickup truck start to back out across both lanes out of his driveway...I slow down a bit figuring he'd see me and of course stop backing out. Nah...that would make too much sense. No where for me to go, so he crunched into me. Of course he had minimal damage to his back corner bumper, which dug in and dragged the entire way across my shiny new Fit. Sigh

Pictures are not for the faint of heart...

http://home.jimkirk.org/pictures/fit_accident/

Needless to say I'm bummed. Anyone else that has had damage had a long wait to get it fixed? I'm worried about the time...I'm guessing all the parts will come from Japan...which means long wait. Sigh Sigh Sigh.

I am sorry to hear that. If you saw him coming out why did you not just stop? Maybe you should think twice before gong to Walmart. I'm glad you and your "hubby" are OK

Old 06-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by NCFit
I am sorry to hear that. If you saw him coming out why did you not just stop? Maybe you should think twice before gong to Walmart. I'm glad you and your "hubby" are OK
Because people in a lane of travel don't have to yield to morons in their driveways?

Old 06-15-2006, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kiel
Because people in a lane of travel don't have to yield to morons in their driveways?
They saw the car leaving the driveway. Don't give someone else the benefit of the doubt. Would you have stopped? What if it were a bicycle, scooter, motorcycle. I am perfectly aware of the rules of driving, it would have saved a lot of time and egos if they would have just stopped. Fits are way to precious of a car to be assuming. And you know what they say about assuming.. *** out of U and ME! Now who is the **

Last edited by claymore; 06-16-2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for calling me a ****, even though I didn't call you one.

Secondly, the OP said "No where for me to go, so he crunched into me." - and judging by the fact that the hit on the car is right in the middle, it defnitely appears that the Fit was already halfway past the truck before it backed all the way out and made contact. Would I have stopped? I don't know, I wasn't there. It sounds like you're suggesting everyone should come to complete stops in traffic when they see someone throw their car into reverse in their driveway. We'll never know who was where in this situation or how much time and distance they had to stop - but my money is on the truck not looking.

Last edited by claymore; 06-16-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Ummm, not to change the off topic or anything, but it took a week and a half to get my windshield from Honda. Hopefully it won't be that long for you. Besides maybe the door handle and mirror what other parts might you need? Will the rest of the body just be a repair or replacement?

And yes no one should ever assume they know what another car is going to do but accidents happen even to those of us keeping an eye out. I just got a door ding yesterday when I consciously give the cars next to me ample room. Sometimes there's nothing you can do.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I didn't have time to stop. I was in the process of accelerating because we just turned on the street. I didn't mean to sound like I saw him from real far away..I saw him starting to back out, assuming he'd stop (I can't just go stopping in traffic with people behind me because someone MIGHT pull out of their driveway) an then when I saw he wasn't stopping, I only had enough time to kind of slam on the brakes, veer off to the side so his back didn't hit my front, and pray!

Anyhow, word from Honda is that there are doors in Toronto and it should only take a couple days. Car is at the shop now awaiting the insurance adjusters lookover. SO hopefully it won't take too long.

He was at fault so his insurance will pay, including my car rental. I have a wonky Pontiac Pursuit...doesn't drive quite like my orange baby

Old 06-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope your orange Fit will be good as new again. Ever since I bought my beautiful silver storm Fit 2 weeks ago, I’ve been paranoid about someone crashing into my Fit (or vandalizing it). Every time I go to any Walmart, I always spot some idiot backing their car out of the parking space without looking behind both ways to see if the coast is clear. Some people actually believe that they have the right of way backing up, and that the lane driver has to wait for them!!!. Walmart may have some of the lowest prices, but they also have some of the worst drivers! So next when you’re shopping at Walmart, park far away from anyone!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Oh My God!! It looks so bad. I'm sorry about that I hope you get fix soon

Old 06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
wow I am sorry to hear the bad news... How could any one miss a car that color? I have a storm silver fit so I better be carfull.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by Fit For A Queen
I've had my beautiful orange Fit for about 2 weeks now. Go out to town to go to Walmart with hubby...drivin' along drivin' along...I see a pickup truck start to back out across both lanes out of his driveway...I slow down a bit figuring he'd see me and of course stop backing out. Nah...that would make too much sense. No where for me to go, so he crunched into me. Of course he had minimal damage to his back corner bumper, which dug in and dragged the entire way across my shiny new Fit. Sigh

Pictures are not for the faint of heart...

http://home.jimkirk.org/pictures/fit_accident/

Needless to say I'm bummed. Anyone else that has had damage had a long wait to get it fixed? I'm worried about the time...I'm guessing all the parts will come from Japan...which means long wait. Sigh Sigh Sigh.
Oh Babe, I am soooooo sorry

Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
what a crappy way to get hit in such a pristine car. Glad to hear everyone is ok, and hopefully you know a good body shop in the area. Make sure the bodywork is PERFECT or don't pick it up.

Have fun at the spa. I took my girlfriend to one for her birthday last year and she loved it.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Sorry to hear that
Hope you, your family and your Fit have a speedy recovery.

Kevin L

Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by hatchgeek
Besides maybe the door handle and mirror what other parts might you need? Will the rest of the body just be a repair or replacement?
Personally I'd insist on getting two complete new doors. I wouldn't want them to repair two doors with that much damage, especially on a car that's a month old.

Quick Reply: The Fit is...Smashed :-(