General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How do I shut off the B-12 warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nycnyusa2003
I don't care to perform the maintainence required (yes, when it stops working I'll deal with it). Thanks.
Why start a thread this way... and then later basically say it's all a joke and you actually do change the oil? Maybe a filter once in a while... whatever.

Ask what you mean to ask instead of making a statement you clearly designed to incite something - and you sure got it.

If you're clear with your intent and inquiry than you'll get a clear and friendly (usually) response.

Also, quit the name calling - on both sides. I never made a jab like that, other than assuming a degree of ignorance - justifiably - based on your FIRST POST.

And since you then proceeded to call us rednecks, hillbillies, inbreds and whatever else instead of taking a moment to clearly define your situation I called you a Troll. Again, justifiably - I looked up the exact definition on google before I made the reply.

So, with that said - don't expect me to apologize for responding in a manner you apparently were aiming for at the outset. I will say welcome to an extremely organized and knowledge-filled forum about what is arguably the best eco-box car one can buy. You should also familiarize yourself with the search features this forum has at your disposal if you want to make a better first impression and have a little respect gained.

As a motion of good faith, I'll give you some some positive rep. Now that you've got your answer and hopefully learned from your mistake, we can all move on.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not that nice. This HILBILLY (I am from Tennessee) says screw you, go away.

Last edited by spreadhead; 02-10-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 PM
AT EASE!!!

fyi to all
GLOBAL ANOUNCEMENT

Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey Diamond...You have provided me with so much amusement today. It is appreciated. I have forwarded your lovely e-mail to the site (the mod?). I expect they will see your well crafted tomes and take a look at your past...then (my guess is) they will see that you are a cyber bully...calling people out and making threats. You do this site a disservice...embarrass to your brothers and sisters in Chicago...thanks for making my day!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
[quote=nycnyusa2003;960378] I have forwarded your lovely e-mail to the site (the mod?).,,, calling people out and making threatsquote]

Except I never emailed you back, so you are full of it.

No one made any threats either. I don't make internet threats like some pimply teenage troll hiding behind a computer screen.

So you are both stupid and a liar? Color me shocked. I'm starting to HOPE you are a troll at this point.

Some people, like you, deserve to be called out. It also appears I am not the only person who called you on your shit.

Many people here know me, my attitude and my contributions to the community.

Doesn't mean I have to get along with everyone, and certainly I can be rough around the edges at times. But I can also be quite nice and very handy, going well out of my way to help people on here and in real life.

Out of my 1150 posts here, maybe 70 or so are inflammatory or non-constructive.

So far you are batting 8 for 8 with useless and belligerent comments full of vitriol, lies and exaggeration.

So what is your purpose besides being a provocative douche who can't crack open his owner's manual for simple questions?

You also took the time to set up an account here, when you could have just used google to answer your question if the manual didn't suffice. I have done no one a disservice, and if anyone is embarrassed it should be your parents and whatever school system you attended that clearly failed you.

This congregation of rednecks and hillbillys couldn't care less what you have to say about us at this point. Feel free to move on to a forum that wants willfully ignorant folks like you posting threads like these which go nowhere and help no one, except as maybe a snap shot of what not to do with your first posts and thread.

This is just pathetic and getting more sad with every post. You should just leave now and never look back.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-10-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
You can pretend that my hillbilly was for users of this site and keep your head buried...or you can look in the mirror and see that you are in need of redemption and the moniker was hung on your neck...not the well intended masses here....you say 70 of 1100 responses from you were inflamatory and wear this a badge of honor...do the math einstein...over 5% of your responses are telling people off...you don't belong here...the bitter, mean and bullying site is elsewhere.

If i blocked you properly, this will be my last word on the subject...now go bully someone else..defenseless and frail i am sure.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nycnyusa2003
You can pretend that my hillbilly was for users of this site and keep your head buried...or you can look in the mirror and see that you are in need of redemption and the moniker was hung on your neck...not the well intended masses here....you say 70 of 1100 responses from you were inflamatory and wear this a badge of honor...do the math einstein...over 5% of your responses are telling people off...you don't belong here...the bitter, mean and bullying site is elsewhere.

If i blocked you properly, this will be my last word on the subject...now go bully someone else..defenseless and frail i am sure.

You sir are in need of some serious help. Do you start fights in your local chucke cheese with your stupidity ?

Name:  fat_drums.gif
Views: 121
Size:  78.3 KB

Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 PM

First thing that comes to mind after reading that textual diarrhea.. All you left out was screaming about the constitution and controlling your speech.

For the record, I am going nowhere. See ya round sweetheart!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-10-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member

Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde

I said my piece/peace so I'll join in...

Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I said my piece/peace so I'll join in...
Maybe besides the name calling I think I have to side with the OP on this. Whatever he does or doesn't do to his car is his own business and it doesn't affect us in any kind of way and all he did was ask a question. There was no reason for anybody to jump all over him for it.

Hell, I have seen people ask questions from "what gear should I be in" to "where should I display my stuffed animals". All questions that received civil replies when they could have easily been "Learn to drive" or "Grow up" and I think the OP deserved the same respect and consideration.

Just my opinion

Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Maybe besides the name calling I think I have to side with the OP on this. Whatever he does or doesn't do to his car is his own business and it doesn't affect us in any kind of way and all he did was ask a question. There was no reason for anybody to jump all over him for it.

Hell, I have seen people ask questions from "what gear should I be in" to "where should I display my stuffed animals". All questions that received civil replies when they could have easily been "Learn to drive" or "Grow up" and I think the OP deserved the same respect and consideration.

Just my opinion
FWIW, I was respectful, if curt, and the OP felt the need to insult me via PM as well.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Read the manual. Idiot.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
FWIW, I was respectful, if curt, and the OP felt the need to insult me via PM as well.
Please don't think I am pointing fingers at anybody because I'm not and I'm sorry if I came across as doing so. As a matter of fact I don't even know who said what unless I go back and re-read (which I haven't). The point that I am getting at is, after he asked his question, I believe the first two replies were:

1. Read the manual
2. (something along the lines) "Are you effing stupid?!"

And I think it was un-necessary.

I could understand replies such as "Why would you want to?" or "I wouldn't recommend you to...", etc. but to immediately start bashing? No.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
If the OP had read the manual, he would know exactly how to get rid of the MM codes till the next interval. Regardless of how people feel about the implications of what he's asking, the fact is that the answer is that simple.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Please don't think I am pointing fingers at anybody because I'm not and I'm sorry if I came across as doing so. As a matter of fact I don't even know who said what unless I go back and re-read (which I haven't). The point that I am getting at is, after he asked his question, I believe the first two replies were:

1. Read the manual
2. (something along the lines) "Are you effing stupid?!"

And I think it was un-necessary.

I could understand replies such as "Why would you want to?" or "I wouldn't recommend you to...", etc. but to immediately start bashing? No.
The manual directly addresses how to do this. It takes me no more time to open the manual than it does he. Sure, its a curt response, but the answer to clearing the MM is in the manual. His response to being told where the answer was located was to be insulting via PM.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
His response to being told where the answer was located was to be insulting via PM.
And that is wrong too! Many people were wrong in many ways.

I know that most every question can be answered in the manual - I understand that. But isn't this what a forum is all about....to ask, to read, to interact? Sure one can get the answers in the book but isn't reading the info on a forum still reading? I personally have not read the manual either as the Fit, afterall, is still just a car! Granted it's a special car but is still just a car.

I like asking my questions in a forum too because I have learned from experience that manuals aren't always necessarily right and asking in a forum also gives you a second opinion perhaps by somebody who has gone through what you are going through.

Example. I was rebuilding the master cylinder on my motorcycle. It's a fairly simple task and the rebuild kit came with instructions AND pictures but guess what? The instructions were wrong! By following the instructions to a "T", an O-ring was blocking the flow of the brake fluid so I rode to the Harley dealership with no front brakes only to have them tell me, "the instructions are definitely wrong".

Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 PM
There's a big difference in incorrect instructions and just too lazy to read.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
There's a big difference in incorrect instructions and just too lazy to read.
Then what is this or any other forum for?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Then what is this or any other forum for?
Not sure what exactly you're defending here. OP could easily have SEARCHED for info on how to turn MM off. There's like 2-3 threads on how to do it. He could have checked the manual for the car which tells you how to get rid of the notification in like 2 sentences on a single page that is indexed in the table of contents. I'm all for being respectful to members on this board but some people deserve to be berated if they're rude or lazy (or both).

Quick Reply: How do I shut off the B-12 warning