General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fake dual exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Fake dual exhaust...

OK... So, I was driving at the time, and didn't feel like trying to snap a picture on an iphone while tearing along at 70 mph... but I have to share.

I saw an orange GE8 out here, looked mostly stock, except for a sorta tacky body-kit. The rear bumper had what was apparently supposed to look like Acura style rear exhaust:

Except... you could SEE the exhaust pipe sticking through one of the sides, and the other side being empty.

I want to go buy a 4x2 truck and lift it on giant tires with a fake transfer case and fake front differential. Glue on a "TURBOCHARGED" badge.

Maybe I'll toss on a snorkel that's not attached to anything!

(EDIT: Poked around... it looks like this, but I can't tell if the one in this picture has two actual exhaust pipes, or if it has a dummy exhaust pipe on one side. I get it, "dual exhaust" is usually a 1-into-2 setup, with one catalytic converter and a split somewhere around the rear axle. But at least the gasses come out of two pipes. :lol

Last edited by Occam; 04-21-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 AM
I was on the highway the other day behind some colossal douche with one of these:

Video:
http://www.turbowhistler.net/turbo-w...ideo/index.htm

Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
You sure you didn't spot a Fit with the Mugen kit? They have a faux "split dual exhaust" tips on their rear bumpers/lips.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
You sure you didn't spot a Fit with the Mugen kit? They have a faux "split dual exhaust" tips on their rear bumpers/lips.
I have mixed feelings on those.. well not really but I am trying to be polite for once since I know some people really like that look.

But they seem just as silly to me as the Mustangs with fake hood scoops.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I was on the highway the other day behind some colossal douche with one of these:

Video:
Turbo Whistler - Make your Car Sound Turbo Charged
"
"I drive a cheap Honda Accord, but the Turbo Whistler makes it sound like I have a supercharger now!"
- Sara Dudash
"

OK that thing doesn't even sound like a turbo to begin with. And who the hell thinks a supercharger sounds like a turbocharger? To distinct sounds.. I wish I could come up with retarded things like this and profit off of them.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 AM
My favorite fake car parts distributor:
KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Check them out!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Maybe... I'm no connoisseur of body kits. I'd hate to think that something that ridiculous came from Honda directly.

Isn't mugen a performance part line? I thought they were Kinda like TRD or AMG. Are you sure they make fake dual exhaust kits? I can't imagine any company that treasures it's rep for performance doing that. Then again, this is a world where Koreans make competitive cars, Porsche and BMW make SUV's, Porsche 911's have water-cooled engines, and Mini's are upscale small cars. We're through the looking glass!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
My favorite fake car parts distributor:
KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Check them out!
I have the Kale Auto "The Man Pedal" T-shirt and coffe mug.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
I have the Kale Auto "The Man Pedal" T-shirt and coffe mug.

That is unadulterated awesome.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Maybe... I'm no connoisseur of body kits. I'd hate to think that something that ridiculous came from Honda directly.

Isn't mugen a performance part line? I thought they were Kinda like TRD or AMG. Are you sure they make fake dual exhaust kits? I can't imagine any company that treasures it's rep for performance doing that. Then again, this is a world where Koreans make competitive cars, Porsche and BMW make SUV's, Porsche 911's have water-cooled engines, and Mini's are upscale small cars. We're through the looking glass!
Mugen (not this stuff here in North America) is more like a kinda form and function parts supplier that specializes in Hondas in Japan from what I've noticed prior to the Mugen SI, GE8, and the upcoming CR-Z. These cars and kits over here in the states are just using the Mugen name as a selling point (much like how Ford did with the Fox Body Mustang Shelby) rather than to really enhance the vehicle both visually and performance wise.