General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Japan aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
You don't understand why people would spend large coin on a cheap car because you don't share the same preference.

People who spend large coin on their cheap cars might not understand why others spend so much time and (little) money on a bunch of modifications that can perceived as cheap.

It's just preference. There's more different kinds of people than there are different kinds of cars - we're bound to have different opinions on what's right and wrong on a car.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Chill Squirrel

Originally Posted by doctordoom
You don't understand why people would spend large coin on a cheap car because you don't share the same preference.

People who spend large coin on their cheap cars might not understand why others spend so much time and (little) money on a bunch of modifications that can perceived as cheap.

It's just preference. There's more different kinds of people than there are different kinds of cars - we're bound to have different opinions on what's right and wrong on a car.
Agreed Doom I'm certainly not saying what I do is the best thing to do, man I couldn't imagine the negative that would start nor do I think that. ENjoy

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-23-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Sheesh it's a 15K car when new @ 109 hp! It's not or will ever be a performance car, sub compact B class. Sorry to say it is a disposable car. Why would ya spend large coin on it? IDU.
comments like these has gotten really old and tiresome. One reason I seldom the forums anymore.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I will never be able to wrap my thoughts around I only spent so much for whatever car so why spend this much for whatever part. My suspension cost me damn near 27% the price of my Fit, I know I'm in the vast minority when it comes to this, but I'll be damned if I ever buy lesser quality for my vehicles, I would rather not buy anything and wait till I can buy good stuff.

OP with the $uck being what it is, prices on Japanese pieces are ridiculously expensive right now. I always like to point out, back in 2003 I bought my RIP DC5R Integra for $24500, fast forward (but still rewind) to November 2009, I bought my Fit for $23500($25.5 today). If the exchange was 100/1 at both times, Fit would have been $20k and the DC5R $31k.
The suspension in my EF was 300% of the purchase price. :thud:

Sheesh it's a 15K car when new @ 109 hp! It's not or will ever be a performance car, sub compact B class. Sorry to say it is a disposable car. Why would ya spend large coin on it? IDU.

O'ya that reminds me haha my SS muffler came in today I'll have it on like OEM for way under a C note. For me it's a look and a feel to the car not something as hard to attain as a performance car w/ the fit. I work way to hard to do anything more than pocket change on MzFiT. But on the other hand the Charger is a whole different story

So I guess as long as we enjoy our Fits and have the money to spend on them...
"It's All Good"!
Enjoy,
Big Mike
The Charger has less potential than the Fit. And its just a sub compact B class? Tell that to the people who've made the Civic/CRX one of the most common cars at track days.

THEY WORK.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
With all respect to you EvilOne, the reason these posts become old and tiresome [ to you ] is simply becuz there is a ring of truth to them...As long as it's what someone agrees with, well, then it's 'A' okay...

Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 PM
My personal take is this: my first car (which I still have) is a mustang, I spent all my money on "real parts" from Steeda mostly, and has full suspension, exhaust, and internals. A lot of money went into my mustang and now it just sitting in the garage because I don't have time to drive it.

Now on to my fit, the reason I purchased the car is because it was the best car in the segment. IMO I do get the modding bug for it but now my priorities have changed. (I'm only 22 years old, not that I'm older as stated previously in the thread.) I do have some money that I can throw in the fit but when It was raining all the time, so I did buy the Knock off Mugen visors. I personally cannot justify spending $200 on visors, but that is just me. When it comes to performance parts/Engine parts, to buy knock-offs is just asking for engine failure in the future. Which is why my exhaust (even though its used) is a skunk2 kit.

That is just my opinion and if there are people with problems that I will be riding on rotas it there thing. I just can't justify spending $1500+ on used JDM wheels that I will be DDing on. I guess you could say i'm cheap but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I bought Volks, Works, etc. and I curbed them or bent them on my daily driver.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:19 PM

"It's all good!"
Enjoy,
Big Mike
You sir, do not understand the realities of life in Asian countries...LOL.

It's not like a Jazz costs $25,000 and a Nissan Versa costs $15,000....that wouldnt make any f@wking sense. All cars are expensive. In Thailand, a new Jazz runs $25,000 and a Civic Si is damn near $35,000....and that is taking into account the VERY favorable $ to baht exchange rate.

Sheesh. Why would you comment on something you have no clue about? IDU.

^notice what I did there
Enjoy,
Big BlackNDecker

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
comments like these has gotten really old and tiresome. One reason I seldom the forums anymore.
Haha...I've grown tired of the "detailed fit review" every lonely/bored/friendless? new fit owner feels compelled to write the minute they discover this forum. LOL, just what we need on a car near the end of it's production run....a fresh review of the Fit! Thank gawd...just in time before the model refresh

Last edited by blackndecker; 08-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
To the OP, go on Honda-Tech, you'll see plenty of US based people asking about the JDM parts you're talking about.

I think the user base here on FF is a little different and a little older which is why you don't see it as much.

As far as real vs. fake parts, I can't stand companies that do direct knockoffs including names and logos (mostly china) and I refuse to buy that garbage.

Companies like Rota... meh, whatever, they serve a different market segment. When they start putting "made in Russia" stamps on the inside of their Slipstreams i'll get mad. Until then, i'm glad they're around to make decent quality, affordable wheels. I'm definitely not spending 2k on wheels that i'm putting on my DD.
As I said before, i'm not asking about the bigger tuner crowd.. I'm asking about the Fit community... And Mike has put it in perspective for me.

For the real vs fake... i've no comment on that... that's not my original question anyway...

Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The suspension in my EF was 300% of the purchase price. :thud:
Why would you do that, that is just insane? You could have just bought some ground control slip-on coilovers and called it a day.

mmmmm...sarcasm tastes so good.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker

It's not like a Jazz costs $25,000 and a Nissan Versa costs $15,000....that wouldnt make any f@wking sense. All cars are expensive. In Thailand, a new Jazz runs $25,000 and a Civic Si is damn near $35,000....and that is taking into account the VERY favorable $ to baht exchange rate.
I agree with this... the majority of people can only buy cars like the Fits... go beyond that and, it's to damn expensive... a 370Z will cost around $133,000 here... an Evo X also around $133,000... so not much option in terms of fast cars...

Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abelardo
My personal take is this: my first car (which I still have) is a mustang, I spent all my money on "real parts" from Steeda mostly, and has full suspension, exhaust, and internals. A lot of money went into my mustang and now it just sitting in the garage because I don't have time to drive it.

Now on to my fit, the reason I purchased the car is because it was the best car in the segment. IMO I do get the modding bug for it but now my priorities have changed. (I'm only 22 years old, not that I'm older as stated previously in the thread.) I do have some money that I can throw in the fit but when It was raining all the time, so I did buy the Knock off Mugen visors. I personally cannot justify spending $200 on visors, but that is just me. When it comes to performance parts/Engine parts, to buy knock-offs is just asking for engine failure in the future. Which is why my exhaust (even though its used) is a skunk2 kit.

That is just my opinion and if there are people with problems that I will be riding on rotas it there thing. I just can't justify spending $1500+ on used JDM wheels that I will be DDing on. I guess you could say i'm cheap but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I bought Volks, Works, etc. and I curbed them or bent them on my daily driver.
Skunk2....is not quality stuff. There's a reason its known as Junk2.

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Why would you do that, that is just insane? You could have just bought some ground control slip-on coilovers and called it a day.

mmmmm...sarcasm tastes so good.
I was actually going to replace them prior to selling the car, IMO as AMAZING! as they were, I don't think they suited the car. I really wanted some Koni 8041 with Koni sleeves and Hyperco springs. Would've been cheaper too.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member

Sheesh. Why would you comment on something you have no clue about? IDU.

^notice what I did there
Enjoy,
Big BlackNDecker

Haha...I've grown tired of the "detailed fit review" every lonely/bored/friendless? new fit owner feels compelled to write the minute they discover this forum. LOL, just what we need on a car near the end of it's production run....a fresh review of the Fit! Thank gawd...just in time before the model refresh
Explain to me how what he said he had "anything whatsoever" to with what cars cost in the asian market? This thread was started by the OP on and about the US market. Was it not Here we go again... Becuz someone won't, cannot or refuse to throw a bizzillion $'s into their ryde like you, then all of a sudden they don't know anything about the subject.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by biggymac
Explain to me how what he said he had "anything whatsoever" to with what cars cost in the asian market? This thread was started by the OP on and about the US market. Was it not
Reading dominates you. And now I'm about to as well...

"Big Mike" (aka Perrenoud Fit) as he's apparently known in some circles asked 555Sex4u "sheesh, why would you drop big coin (i.e. $25,000) on a B series subcompact"...you and "Above average size Mike" (aka Perrenoud Fit) missed the point. See below:

Wait for it....

Almost there....

Keep scrolling.....

Because that's the sticker price of a new Jazz on the dealer's lot in Asian countries.

That $25,000 price tag doesn't include a nickel of mods...unless they happen to throw in a set of floor mats for free.
Originally Posted by biggymac
This thread was started by the OP on and about the US market. Was it not
Notice that I wasn't responding to the OP...

/you

Originally Posted by vinnymac
Here we go again... Becuz someone won't, cannot or refuse to throw a bizzillion $'s into their ryde like you, then all of a sudden they don't know anything about the subject.
I've never knocked anyone for not throwing handfuls of currency into their ride. That's not my style...and I challenge you to quote me when/where I've made such comments.

BTW, I've spent well under $2000 in aftermarket parts on my Fit (all legit brands FWIW)....the fact that you think it cost a bazillion $'s confirms it was money well spent

In summary (because reading > you):
1) cars in Asia are expensive despite accounting for exchange rates (you think it's a coincidence everyone in Vietnam drives scooters?)

Last edited by blackndecker; 08-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
With all respect to you EvilOne, the reason these posts become old and tiresome [ to you ] is simply becuz there is a ring of truth to them...As long as it's what someone agrees with, well, then it's 'A' okay...
EXACTLY! only an idiot fit owner does not know that the fit is not a performance car and cost 15K... any idiots here? Still not getting old???

What's wrong with a 15K car getting 5K-20K parts?
What's wrong with a 40K car getting 5K-20K parts?

it's a hobby and can be expensive... only an idiot does not know that too.

Everytime...

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 08-24-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Cliffs that summarize my point of view:

If you consider yourself a car enthusiast why half ass things?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Btw, I don't agree with Big Mike in terms of Fit cannot be a race car... it's cheap and disposable, might be true for you.. but not so for me, with far different standard of living cost. FIt base price of $25,000 might be cheap for US market, but it's not so cheap for my people... also, here.. jazz is used as a race car.... but you don't compete it with an EvoX.. you race it against other 1500cc car such as the Yaris, Mazda2, etc... There are races with engine displacement limitation, even there are one make race, where races are organized to compete one brand car... It is a good race to see which tuner can get the most from a same base car...

And if anyone happen to got a big question mark asking why the hell the race are organized that way, it's because of what blackndecker said that in Asian countries, fast car cost waaayyy too expensive... and they'll definitely win if a race is open and not limited with sets of rules... in the end: money=winner... we don't want that, do we?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Lulz at this thread...

@kodok3ribu,

Don't mind biggymac (aka vinnymac)...he's a troll looking for fight.

Last edited by blackndecker; 08-24-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Lulz at this thread...
I'm on pain pills atm so don't mind me too much LOL

Old 08-24-2011, 12:31 AM
What happened?

BTW, I absolutely cannot believe the transformation of your car over the past few months!! Strong work.

I missed anger management class today...so mind me very much!! lOl

Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Going back to OP... they best way is to contact/talk to a "local" reputed JDM/tuner shops. They can basically get anything you want.

Quick Reply: Japan aftermarket parts