General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Japan aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
Going back to OP... they best way is to contact/talk to a "local" reputed JDM/tuner shops. They can basically get anything you want.
Nah, i'm not looking for parts, nor do i live in the US... My original thread only asks, why there isn't much JDM parts going on for the FF crowd... (in which Mike has put in perspective for me...) but it has since gone to the nether region territory...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
Reading dominates you. And now I'm about to as well...

"Big Mike" (aka Perrenoud Fit) as he's apparently known in some circles asked 555Sex4u "sheesh, why would you drop big coin (i.e. $25,000) on a B series subcompact"...you and "Above average size Mike" (aka Perrenoud Fit) missed the point. See below:

Wait for it....

Almost there....

Keep scrolling.....

Because that's the sticker price of a new Jazz on the dealer's lot in Asian countries.

That $25,000 price tag doesn't include a nickel of mods...unless they happen to throw in a set of floor mats for free.

Notice that I wasn't responding to the OP...

/you

I've never knocked anyone for not throwing handfuls of currency into their ride. That's not my style...and I challenge you to quote me when/where I've made such comments.

BTW, I've spent well under $2000 in aftermarket parts on my Fit (all legit brands FWIW)....the fact that you think it cost a bazillion $'s confirms it was money well spent

In summary (because reading > you):
1) cars in Asia are expensive despite accounting for exchange rates (you think it's a coincidence everyone in Vietnam drives scooters?)
Lulz at this thread...

''DOMINATE" Huh! ''Big Mike'' did not mention $25,000 for a car sir, you did...

@kodok3ribu,

Don't mind biggymac (aka vinnymac)...he's a troll looking for fight.
@kodok3ribu, I'm not trying to pick a fight, far from it.. But when some guys can stand the the heat in the kitchen instead of leaving they change the subject when they realize that they have lost...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:40 AM
What happened?

BTW, I absolutely cannot believe the transformation of your car over the past few months!! Strong work.

I missed anger management class today...so mind me very much!! lOl
Was in Canada for 3 days 2 weeks ago, partied too much, passed out on the couch and woke up with a pinch nerve on my lower back... and I drove 8-9hrs back to IL... ouch!

as for the Fit... still a long way from getting done (like it will ever lol). Next year would be insane

Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
@kodok3ribu, I'm not trying to pick a fight, far from it.. But when some guys can stand the the heat in the kitchen instead of leaving they change the subject when they realize that they have lost...
lol, don't mind me... just go ahead and have fun for yourself... anyway. i'm rather confused whether Big Mike is you or Perrenoud Fit.. Cause, my understanding is Big Mike = Perrenoud Fit... Sorry if I'm mistaken..

Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
Nah, i'm not looking for parts, nor do i live in the US... My original thread only asks, why there isn't much JDM parts going on for the FF crowd... (in which Mike has put in perspective for me...) but it has since gone to the nether region territory...
Yeah... and being a GE only makes matter worse here

Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
No one has lost except for yourself.

You and Perrenoud Fit have proven nothing other than being bliss in your ignorance.

Once you've owned a quality part you may stand a chance of understanding, but until then, you never will.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:49 AM

So you're changing the subject because you lost and can stand the heat in the kitchen? You are a weird little dude...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b

You and Perrenoud Fit have proven nothing other than being bliss in your ignorance.

10 char forever swinging from my nutsax

Old 08-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Many JDM parts (particularly exterior parts like chins, hoods, grills, rear lips) would require a JDM front swap...$$$$. On the other hand, there are alot of US companies producing arguably better engine parts (I'm particularly referring to the K series engines) and independent/small manufacturers like JDP, Roguese, PRM, Weapon R, etc here in the US that are producing amazing pieces for the USDM Fit. There are also alot of OEM accessories from Honda of America. So in a way, we have alot of what we need right here in the good ol USofA....

Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 AM

Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Also Quality =/= the most expensive shit I can find.

It's the same reason I can put together a turbo kit for 1/3 what HK$ will charge you. I am on track to put my compound setup together for ~$800 less than said tiny HK$ single turbo kit.

I love my Rotas, of which I saw a few sets on 8sec drag cars this weekend. Some parts are worth the money. Some are not. Worth is subjective upon the user and the intended use. Period.

Would I use a china turbo? No. Would I use a Weapon-R intake manifold? No.

Are there people that do and get away with it because they don't push their setups? Yes.

Vinny, Perrenoud, TEO and BnD: You all bring seperate qualities to the table. All of you also have different end games in mind. That doesn't make anyone of you better than the other necessarily, excepting where you each specialize..

At least none of you are into that hellaflush/slammed nonsense which anyone with two brain cells to rub together can agree is an abomination.

Mike410b: Stop trolling unless your going to be funny, or factual. Preferably both. It reminds me of Gbaby/slowbros/steve244. It's just grating and doesn't really add anything of use to the discussion at hand.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 08-24-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:51 AM
lol, don't mind me... just go ahead and have fun for yourself... anyway. i'm rather confused whether Big Mike is you or Perrenoud Fit.. Cause, my understanding is Big Mike = Perrenoud Fit... Sorry if I'm mistaken..
Yeah, Big Mike (as he refers to himself) = Perrenoud Fit.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
As I said before, i'm not asking about the bigger tuner crowd.. I'm asking about the Fit community... And Mike has put it in perspective for me.

For the real vs fake... i've no comment on that... that's not my original question anyway...
Well let me expand.

In the U.S., people with money to spend on high dollar parts are generally not picking a Honda Fit to build a racecar unless you're planning on competing in some sort of Spec racing series or you're just a Fit fan and/or have some sort of "want to be different" thing going on. I know there are exceptions to this but I think in general this is true. The rest of us just enjoy the Fit as A to B transportation, and I think that is a decent size part of the FF demographic, and have no interest, let alone knowledge of "JDM parts" and tuning, etc.

There are some of you on this forum that have beautiful cars built with very expensive parts and I respect what you've done and what you've built and I am in no way bashing the road you've traveled to get there. Congrats on your journey and outcome.

What defines "quality parts"? Does JDM = quality parts?

Because Johnny Justoutahighschool doesn't have a ton of money to dump into his car but still wants to tinker with it and mod it it makes him less of an enthusiast than Mike Singlewithdisposibleincome who can afford to drop his paycheck on a set of "real" wheels? I think that's very small-minded.

Any of you old enough to remember the SCC article where they had two Sentra SE-r, one garage built as cheap and the other built with high buck parts and they put them up against each other? That was a good article. Anyway...........

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I love my Rotas, of which I saw a few sets on 8sec drag cars this weekend. Some parts are worth the money. Some are not. Worth is subjective upon the user and the intended use. Period.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Because Johnny Justoutahighschool doesn't have a ton of money to dump into his car but still wants to tinker with it and mod it it makes him less of an enthusiast than Mike Singlewithdisposibleincome who can afford to drop his paycheck on a set of "real" wheels? I think that's very small-minded.
there's many definition to being a car enthusiast. there are those that rebuild antique cars. or those that dont even tinker with cars but drives them in the canyons or on the track. or those that like to visit museums and factories and learn the history and heritage of cars. those are all different types of car enthusiats.

you dont even have to own a car to be a car enthusiast.

but if you're into bolt-on car mods like us, you better be ready to take some shit if you're buying fake parts cause in my mind, it's a way to kill off a lot of the good manufacturers leaving us with nothing but a selection of garbage.

it's like someone going to some cheezy mall with a bundle of cash but comes home empty handed cause there was nothing worth buying. how sad is that? that's where we're heading with fake inferior parts in the industry and lowballer johnnynocash.

make a plan, have a goal, get a job, work hard, buy your parts. can't do it? then you try harder until you can.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Define "fake parts".

I see the term thrown around a lot. To me, copied parts sold with the original manufacturer's name and logo built by some sweatshop in mainland China = fake parts. To some people, Rotas are "fake parts". But you see, this is not a new thing. Enkei has be making copies of more expensive wheels since the 80s. SSR wasn't forced to close it's doors because of them.

There will always be a market for budget minded manufacturers and a market for high end manufacturers. People looking for top of the line stuff certainly aren't going to be looking at low-end parts and vice versa. This goes for car parts, clothing, electronics, pretty much any product you can think of.

Both niches can coexist without destroying the other.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
What Enkeis are reps? Inb4hethrowsoutsomeweirdobscurewheel

Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Define "fake parts".

I see the term thrown around a lot. To me, copied parts sold with the original manufacturer's name and logo built by some sweatshop in mainland China = fake parts. To some people, Rotas are "fake parts". But you see, this is not a new thing. Enkei has be making copies of more expensive wheels since the 80s. SSR wasn't forced to close it's doors because of them.

There will always be a market for budget minded manufacturers and a market for high end manufacturers. People looking for top of the line stuff certainly aren't going to be looking at low-end parts and vice versa. This goes for car parts, clothing, electronics, pretty much any product you can think of.

Both niches can coexist without destroying the other.
Well, i gotta say that anyone who copies exactly the design of another person, is definitely up to no good, and such i will label his product "fake". Why? Cause he copy the design to the letter and change it with his logo. It's not like he had a team of designer working their @ss off, and then come up with a design exactly like somebody else's... While we all know the biggest cost for producing a part (properly) is on r&d...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Vent Time

HOLY F'N CRAP LISTEN TO YOU KIDS, I been in Day Cares w/ less Cry'n!
I know from being here for years that the biggest kids here in 5 years will be in another car and your Fit will have passed hands 3 times and be ready the the restoration shop or the razor blade pile.

Thanks Vinny
me and Vin are older than most here and have one thing you little ones are just going to have to wait for; life experience.

Mike410a your knowledgeable in the tuner scene but your a damn premadona you talk a good picture but your so full of Shit who wants to listen to ya? I read your insightful dribble & who would spend 2 grand on rims and put them on a 10k Fit? Performance I dout it. It's to say look at me, look at me. KMA U DF

Here dickNpepper can step in for ya now......

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
HOLY F'N CRAP LISTEN TO YOU KIDS, I been in Day Cares w/ less Cry'n!
I know from being here for years that the biggest kids here in 5 years will be in another car and your Fit will have passed hands 3 times and be ready the the restoration shop or the razor blade pile.

Thanks Vinny
me and Vin are older than most here and have one thing you little ones are just going to have to wait for; life experience.

Mike410a your knowledgeable in the tuner scene but your a damn premadona you talk a good picture but your so full of Shit who wants to listen to ya? I read your insightful dribble & who would spend 2 grand on rims and put them on a 10k Fit? Performance I dout it. It's to say look at me, look at me. KMA U DF
I would, and yes for performance and fuel economy. AND maybe I like my things to appeal to ME.

Also, Perrenoud, I guarantee that I will have this car in 5 years.

100% GUARANTEE, unless someone crashes into me. In which case, I will buy another GD3.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I've had 2 gd3.. A 2004 idsi engine on at, sold it and buy again a 2005 vtec on mt... Need I say more?

Quick Reply: Japan aftermarket parts