General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Japan aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Mike if you feel that all of us that buy parts that are of high value to garner a "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" then all I can say is you are sadly mistaken. Could I have bought some fake RE30s, I sure could have, but I will never buy copies when the real thing is there to be had. For some people they might call me an idiot for spending the coin I do on my Fit or any car for that matter that I have owned. Could I have purchased the typical low-cost suspension that many choose to buy, sure I could have bought like 5 sets instead of the 1. I did it for ME and taking my Fit out onto circuits to thrash on. If I were of the mold of many who buy parts and go to car shows looking for a hand job from others and never utilize the function of said parts, then you would be able to classify me as a "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME", but please do not put everyone in that same boat. First off, if you haven't garnered from any of my posts, I completely despise the whole car show scene, to me it's pointless. Buying parts and actually using them for their intended purpose, why would anyone take a stance of that person is just trying to show off or have their knob slobbed by others?

You have your opinion and are definitely entitled to it, but I hate to break it to you, your opinion on this matter is just in the wrong. You might not be able to justify spending money on part A when part B is much less and similar in design, but that doesn't mean somebody else is looking for praise from others. I will give you that it does apply in some instances, maybe even to a greater extent than it doesn't apply, but you can't just lump it all into the same basket.

I'm not sure of your age and whether you are older than I, and it doesn't matter really, but I turned 39 in July, so I have had some life experience to speak of.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
555, he's calling us out for 'wanting attention'....when he drives this

:dryheaves:

Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Haha how did age become part of this?

If you're older than me, I respect you. But when you start making statements and calling people "kids," then you're just being a little infant.

There's no better way to show me your thick skull and mulish personality than by claiming that you know more just because you're older. It's ridiculous if you think that you can't learn anything from someone younger than you.

Times change; adapt instead of clinging onto your ideas and trying to beat them into everyone's heads. There's a whole fucking world out there.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:48 AM
So I was going to type up a response when a google search let me stumble across this..

I think nearly all of us can agree on this.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
+rep DSM, in spirit as I'm unable to actually give any to you at this time. The only thing I don't agree on is that they cut the clip a bit short, it looks like they want to expose themselves, but rinse and repeat takes over.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
I ain't mad at that.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 AM

Old 08-25-2011, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Haha! Look at Teo mean muggin'!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Dayum, DSM, you come up with the funniest clips eva. Jus' when I thought you've out done yourself, you blast me with something that's even more hilarious...That avatar the best ma'man..not to mention the photo's that you post...keep it up bro.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
What Enkeis are reps? Inb4hethrowsoutsomeweirdobscurewheel
Well I was kind of under the impression that:

Enkei 92 was a cheaper 1 piece knockoff of Hayashi Perrier and SSR two and three piece wheels of the same design. I could be completely off base, and that's ok, i'm not a wheel historian.

Regardless, we'll say Enkei made the 92 off their own merits and then companies like Riken made the same style wheel, you can easily tell them apart but they're very similar. I can tell the difference between a Slipstream and a Spoon wheel at a glance too :shrug:

Enkei is still here.

There is a niche for both markets is all i'm saying and they can coexist.

I enjoy this debate and understand why people buy high-end parts. I myself won't put any knockoff stuff on a purpose built car (I verify authenticity before purchase lol). I would not cheap out if i'm building a racecar, I would not cheap out if i'm building a showcar.

As far as my DD though, I need to be able to take it anywhere at anytime, this includes parking it in the middle of South Central LA if I want Roscoes and not worry about my wheels getting stolen. If i'm driving down the POS 10 freeway and hit a pothole and I bend a wheel, oh well, buy a new one for less than $100.

I will agree that companies that make stuff like "Moogen pedals" etc. should be destroyed.

I will also agree that the .gif is win.