General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit v. Mini

Old 11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TeeZeeMee
Hahaha none taken! still gotta back my Tide.

have you seen the T1R racing converter? im thinking of getting that and the S51 muffler if i get a GE for sure
Yeah I have. I talked to Jason over at A-J racing about it. My only thing is I don't want to be hella loud or have that "swarm of wasp in a coffee can" sound and I'd have to change it out every time I went to get my inspection done. Have you heard it with the Racing convertor?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Yeah I have. I talked to Jason over at A-J racing about it. My only thing is I don't want to be hella loud or have that "swarm of wasp in a coffee can" sound and I'd have to change it out every time I went to get my inspection done. Have you heard it with the Racing convertor?
Does it sound bad? i havent heard it and its between that and the muffler u have, but dont u have to modify the body to fit the dual split?

and emissions tests?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Does it sound bad? i havent heard it and its between that and the muffler u have, but dont u have to modify the body to fit the dual split?

and emissions tests?
Yeah BR has bastard emissions test...

I haven't heard it, but without a B-Pipe and exhaust I don't think it would sound that good. Who knows.

My exhaust does require cutting of the bumper that isn't too bad but it isn't reparable if you decide you don't want it. Here's my Build Log that I made for it if you want to take a look. I think there is a sound clip in there too but it doesn't quite do it justice sadly. It's got a nice little rumble, but I do wish it was a little louder.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Yea bama doesnt have emission tests! woot! haha helps with my current truck... but i really like the racing converter, i would like to do a whole from heads back exhaust swap if i could find all the parts.
what would u suggest ?

i like your exhaust a lot actually! it looks better than almost all the others ive seen. haha sorry bout the fender melt! :/

Old 11-16-2011, 09:15 PM
i like the 50S a bit better than the others, u think that plus the b-pipe and racing converter would be a good investment?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
If you want advice on how to autocross a GE, i've got some. I've got a good 15 events under my belt with my 2010. I <3 it. Sure, not the best car for ST but it works just fine. National level, no way, but it'll give your regional chapter something to talk about.

WORD FOR THE WISE: If you stay in stock class (advised), use your stock wheels with some Hankook Z214 slicks (205/50/16). A cusco front sway bar will help the roll as well. You will not be able to find wheels that mimic the size of the stockies it sucks.

I went into ST because i like some suspension mods and it allows me some "freedoms" to mod with bolt-ons and fit some proper wheels that aren't wafer thin.

Name:  i-H5r28qc-XL.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  48.3 KB
Name:  i-MkVTcJr-XL.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  45.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0060.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  45.7 KB
Name:  DSC_0847.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  74.8 KB

Mod list: Bilstein PSS coilovers, Cusco front sway bar, 16x7 +45 Konig Kaiten with 215/45/16 Kumho Ecsta XS, Goodridge stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, Ate super blue brake fluid, K&N drop in air filter.

Feel free to PM me with any questions on my setup, or with getting the GE within a certain class. I've picked apart the rulebook and done alot of "trial and error" mods with my Fit since good info for true performance mods/gains is limited

Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Yea bama doesnt have emission tests! woot! haha helps with my current truck... but i really like the racing converter, i would like to do a whole from heads back exhaust swap if i could find all the parts.
what would u suggest ?

i like your exhaust a lot actually! it looks better than almost all the others ive seen. haha sorry bout the fender melt! :/
I'm not sure what to suggest on the exhaust swap. I do like the T1R products. But buddy club also has some good stuff too.

Fender melt was all good. It let me see how much more I needed to cut off and is no longer an issue

I think the 50S is the same as the VIP it just isn't a dual tip. I had a thing about having a large looking exhaust on the back and the two normal pipes made a huge style difference to me.

Bom that looks like a hell of a lot of fun bud! She really digs in on those corners!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Bom i sent u a PM, and thanks!

yea Jamy yours is very sick, definitely not on all fits for sure!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
yea Jamy yours is very sick, definitely not on all fits for sure!
Big reason I got it I'm one of those "gotta be unique" people. If everyone else has it, no thanks I'd rather have something that no one else or very few people have. Or like with my iPhone. Make it unique. I swapped the back glass for a clear one that allows you to see the internals of the phone. Made my nerd friends soooo jelly! lol

Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Bom that looks like a hell of a lot of fun bud! She really digs in on those corners!
Corners is all she knows!

It surprises alot of spectators, and every one of my passengers
I try and prove that you can have fun with whatever you may drive

Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Big reason I got it I'm one of those "gotta be unique" people. If everyone else has it, no thanks I'd rather have something that no one else or very few people have. Or like with my iPhone. Make it unique. I swapped the back glass for a clear one that allows you to see the internals of the phone. Made my nerd friends soooo jelly! lol
haha i am kind of the same way!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Same with me. Been hated on for the red mirrors... but nobody mistakes my car, that's the first thing they look for

I don't really want the HKS exhaust either because everyone and their mom has it.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM
Corners is all she knows!

It surprises alot of spectators, and every one of my passengers
I try and prove that you can have fun with whatever you may drive
It's not the car. It's the driver. Unless its a Prius. In that case just refer to saying "you can't polish a turd".

Same with me. Been hated on for the red mirrors... but nobody mistakes my car, that's the first thing they look for

I don't really want the HKS exhaust either because everyone and their mom has it.
You two can join my GE8 T1R VIP club I'm ok as long as <5 people have it. lol

Old 11-17-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
It's not the car. It's the driver. Unless its a Prius. In that case just refer to saying "you can't polish a turd".

You two can join my GE8 T1R VIP club I'm ok as long as <5 people have it. lol
Driver is the most important thing, unless it's a Prius

I think i'm going to have a straigh-pipe axleback made with a dolphin tip...
But that may change

Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I think i'm going to have a straigh-pipe axleback made with a dolphin tip...
But that may change
Idk about that. The loss of torque threw that idea out the window for me.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't think anything is important with a Prius

Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think anything is important with a Prius
Lol -
remember the "runaway Prius" events where drivers couldn't even stop their cars.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Lol -
remember the "runaway Prius" events where drivers couldn't even stop their cars.
That was the stupidest thing i've ever heard about. Put the fucking car in neutral and let it burn itself to the ground..

Old 11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Prius is a dumb car. Period.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
if you're going to "track" a fit in any kind of level, look into the Bspec class that will "hopefully" take off next season, honda is backing it with parts support but it is just for the GE chassis, if you want to look onto the GD chassis check onto j crimson's trek thread - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tay-tuned.html
i myself have had both a GD and a GE on the track (not autocross) and i think the GD was a freaking blast - until i put my "somewhat" sticky tires on lightweight wheels off my crx on the GE and tracked it - holy sh!t i'm doing it atleast a couple more times next year (when i'm not running the CRX - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/utah...come-join.html
and a few vids here of the fit and crx on the track (my GE and blaze's GD) my fit lapbattle.com @miller motorsports park Utah OTD - YouTube i'm doing almost 90 when the lambo hands me my man card back, but i have a video of me on a track with a lambo (how many people can say that) i'll give him a run for his money next season in the CRX i can promise you that!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fit v. Mini