General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is my fit a lemon? wth is wrong with this thing avg 20mpg!! nah!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Sooooo. Dealership called me at 3 and said they'll most likely put me in a 13 fit sport , same payments, possibly lower interest rate, just had to submit it all to Honda of north america and see what they say. However idk if I should be too excited cause I never received a call back and when I called at 5 to see if any word they said dude was at lunch,and would be back In an hour! I said OK , called back at six. They say oh he just went lunch hell be back in an hr. I said really? That's what YOU just said an hr ago! She says all slow ohhhh reallllyyyyyyyy? Oh I'm sorry. He's gone tho. Try in an hr. So I call at 7 , lol, they say oh he's gone but the sales managers here, so I talk to him, he says let me see if I can get ahold of him and if I do ill call u back. Never heard back. Ugggggggh. I just don't know.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
Sooooo. Dealership called me at 3 and said they'll most likely put me in a 13 fit sport , same payments, possibly lower interest rate, just had to submit it all to Honda of north america and see what they say. However idk if I should be too excited cause I never received a call back and when I called at 5 to see if any word they said dude was at lunch,and would be back In an hour! I said OK , called back at six. They say oh he just went lunch hell be back in an hr. I said really? That's what YOU just said an hr ago! She says all slow ohhhh reallllyyyyyyyy? Oh I'm sorry. He's gone tho. Try in an hr. So I call at 7 , lol, they say oh he's gone but the sales managers here, so I talk to him, he says let me see if I can get ahold of him and if I do ill call u back. Never heard back. Ugggggggh. I just don't know.
Wow......call American Honda and see if you can take your vehicle ANYWHERE else. Thats just garbage

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm surprised sorta after getting that call, but at same time maybe he's waiting too. However the receptionist is a straight up liar and I'm gonna let the gm know it! That's bs. There's no reason for that! Just like last time I had it in SVC before this time. I call and ask for SVC manager and they say oh he didn't work today! So I just go up there to see someone else and he's there working!! Sad man. Just be f%&$#@g honest! Geez

Old 09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Honda should get the dealers representing they're brand to have some decency and morals. I still love they're products. Always will. But I've lost alotttttt of respect for they're character.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Not unusual people that are not in the same situation as you do not treat it as urgent. So I would keep calling they work harder to get rid of you by getting the deal completed than actually help you.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Just make sure they absolutely raelize you bought the car for its fuel efficiency first. It would be a VERY similar scenario if you had bought a corvette ZR1 and the damn thing was slow.

Keep your patience! I would have slapped somebody by now.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Lmao. I hear that! The hand has had the itch! Lol but I'm pretty laid back so lucky them! Haha hopefully tomorrow I'll get some good news! We shall see.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
Honda should get the dealers representing they're brand to have some decency and morals. I still love they're products. Always will. But I've lost alotttttt of respect for they're character.
Only dealerships with decency and morals get the Presidents Award.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 AM
check up the sensors maybe u may get some clue related to it.....

Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by BellaPeople
check up the sensors maybe u may get some clue related to it.....
LOL

Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Any luck today jango? Its flipping ridiculous how the dealer is now treating you. Well at least the staff who lied and say his at lunch for the past 3 hours

Old 09-10-2013, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah right!! Lol no news. I called this morn to ask and he said hell lmk soon as Honda let's him know and that it could take 24hrs :-(

Old 09-10-2013, 04:35 PM
^Well at least he wasn't on lunch when you called

Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM
engine coils or valves?

My mileage went really low on my 2008 Fit Sport M/T. There were other symptoms other than mileage, but it really improved when I changed the coils and spark plugs. Mileage went down to 24 and I was getting as high as 41 before they went bad. Not sure if that is your issue or not, but you will see lots of people have mentioned the coils as a problem for their Fits. Also just got a valve adjustment yesterday, so will be interesting to see if that does anything.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah those are some things I'm going to try if I end up stuck in this thing. I'm hoping for a new one honestly so I can start with a clean slate again. This fits left a bad taste in my mouth. Lol hoping to have a great news update by tomorrow!!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Ask them to check coils. they are very MUCH so troubleshootable!! If they refuse, ask them why they dont know how to use a multimeter!

Coils will produce a very narrow range of resistance when they are part of a coil-on-plug setup. Since they are producing spark for only one cylinder, now they are much more controllable and easier to use from the ecu.

goddamnit this thread makes me want to drive down to houston and fake a whole mess of shit for them to "test" and "diagnose"

Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Lol. That'd be hilarious. Like I said, I'll look into that too if I keep it. But it looks like I won't be most likely. But on the chance I do end up stuck in it I'll keep that suggestion and everyone else's in mind. Thanks to all that have offered advice or suggestions of help. Its very appreciated. I'll update this once I know Hondas decision. The dealers actually working pretty hard to get it done now, just waiting on north american Honda.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
I can understand the dealership wanting to get a response from North America Honda they do not want to take a loss on a vehicle that seems to have a manufacturing defect. They probably seeing that Honda will buy back the vehicle from the dealership to give you the best deal.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah. I agree. I was thinking the same. I'm confident they're gonna help me out. How much remains to be seen. Lol I'm very happy they're stepping up though! That's how it should be done!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
I know one things for certain! I'm getting a 5spd manual this time! I can control my revs and not have the fear of the dreaded Honda auto tranny curse! I read about alotttt of auto trans problems with hondas of all sort. And they're expensive as hell to replace. Manual trans is so much more cost effective and easy to work on.

Quick Reply: Is my fit a lemon? wth is wrong with this thing avg 20mpg!! nah!