General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

HALP! i'm new

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
op don't mind mike. he is a snob.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by katielady
i mean i really don't care about SUPER high quality right now. i mean, this is the first car that i've decided to mod, and i'm a chick so i feel like people won't be like "psshh omg that girl is so lame for having konigs" ya know? i'm still new to all of this and if it's something i want to get really serious into then i will definitely pay for the more quality stuff. but for now i'm just testing the waters.
Yeah don't worry about what other people think too much when it comes to aesthetics. If you like it, someone else probably will too, but you can't please everybody. I think some of the most "award winning" cars on the show scene right now look like poop, but obviously the majority don't agree or they wouldn't be winning awards. At the end of the day you should build your car for you, but that's just me, I've always thought the car show circuit and mentality was lame.

A set of "nice" wheels always looks better and doesn't even have to be much more expensive if you shop used, Craigslist, Honda-Tech, NWP forums. There's a few cars on here that had knock-offs and switched to better quality wheels later and it made a HUGE difference IMO. Cars looked "nice" before but looked "GOOD!" just by switching wheels.

But if you just want something to play around with for now there's nothing wrong with Konigs. They won't blow up while you're driving.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Yeah don't worry about what other people think too much when it comes to aesthetics. If you like it, someone else probably will too, but you can't please everybody. I think some of the most "award winning" cars on the show scene right now look like poop, but obviously the majority don't agree or they wouldn't be winning awards. At the end of the day you should build your car for you, but that's just me, I've always thought the car show circuit and mentality was lame.

A set of "nice" wheels always looks better and doesn't even have to be much more expensive if you shop used, Craigslist, Honda-Tech, NWP forums. There's a few cars on here that had knock-offs and switched to better quality wheels later and it made a HUGE difference IMO. Cars looked "nice" before but looked "GOOD!" just by switching wheels.

But if you just want something to play around with for now there's nothing wrong with Konigs. They won't blow up while you're driving.
Originally Posted by solbrothers
op don't mind mike. he is a snob.
Originally Posted by loudbang
Never mind the wheel snob and get what you like and can afford it only makes them feel "special" if they can bag on other members the rest of us just admire fellow members rides no matter what wheels they pick out FOR THEMSELVES.

The rest of the world doesn't care but there are a few "special people" that will snipe from the crowd about other peoples choices.

haha thanks guys! i appreciate the input

Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM
i'm really excited about them even if they are 'knock offs'. i'm just playin around for now to see what i like and if i don't like something i can always get rid of it. experimenting is fun! woohooo