General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

After a few weeks, The Fit is Go!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
After a few weeks, The Fit is Go!

well, almost.

I've been calling local dealerships recently trying to find a Fit. I even called a few out of state and no one had one.

Last night I saw a few on Autotrader so I called all of the dealerships that had them as in their inventory. It turns out that Autotrader automatically adds cars to their listing when they come into the dealership, even if they've been presold. In other words, no luck.

I was in Orem, UT today and decided to stop by the dealership and ask if they had a shipment of Fits coming in. Much to my luck they did, and they would be here by the middle of october. Four of the five cars had build dates that had already past. Only ONE of the cars had a name next to it.

I put down my $500 deposit for a Storm Silver 5speed Fit Sport. The downside is that this dealership only sells fits with $1000 of options installed... it's the only way they can make money b/c I guess Honda won't let them mark up the price.

So I got all of the bells and whistles too.

With any luck it will be here ON TIME. I look forward to participating more here.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
what are the $1000 worth of options oh well at least your getting your car

Old 09-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
$1000 isnt that bad. Coggin Honda here in FL jacked up the base 5speed to $18,500. I had no idea there was that many accessories for a price change that big. Also had a Sport for almost $20,000. Insane.

Glad you found one. I know of one dealership that has one. I saw it Sunday, they received it 2 days before. Its probably gone now. Storm Silver Sport in auto.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey Mateo, you're buying my car! Well, almost! I'm dealing with the same dealer in Orem. It's my name on a Silver Sport Fit M/T there. I got a call from the dealer a couple of weeks ago telling me that out of the blue, Honda gave them a 2nd Silver Sport M/T with a build date a few days earlier than mine. Dealer said I'd get whichever one came first. With the build dates so close though, he also said he wouldn't be surprised if they get delivered to the dealer on the same truck.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
for 20k Ill always take a civic Si.

Man I am becoming a pain in my own a$$.

Love the Si tho no money.....

Old 09-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
for 20k Ill always take a civic Si.

Man I am becoming a pain in my own a$$.

Love the Si tho no money.....
for 500k I'll always take a ferrari.

psh LoL

Old 09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by drfoster
Hey Mateo, you're buying my car! Well, almost! I'm dealing with the same dealer in Orem. It's my name on a Silver Sport Fit M/T there. I got a call from the dealer a couple of weeks ago telling me that out of the blue, Honda gave them a 2nd Silver Sport M/T with a build date a few days earlier than mine. Dealer said I'd get whichever one came first. With the build dates so close though, he also said he wouldn't be surprised if they get delivered to the dealer on the same truck.
Cool! I wondered if you were on this site or not. He said you've been waiting FOREVER for this car.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, my Fit is here! (At least it's at the dealer, I'll pick it up today.)

I went to visit it yesterday right after it got off the truck. Still wrapped up. It's supposed to be cleaned and have the accessories I ordered installed and ready to pick up this afternoon.

I've got an appointment Monday for getting a clear bra installed and to get the windows tinted.

BTW: It's an SSM Sport MT.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
congrats man!!!!!

You're one of the lucky who found and/or wait for a manual.

Hope God let you enjoy it!

It is a great car.