General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

LED Headlights!?!? Seriously? YES, SERIOUSLY :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Thumbs up LED Headlights!?!? Seriously? YES, SERIOUSLY :)

OK sorry its been a few days. ..... They look great! !!! I'll be posting pics asap. I'll be writing up a "how to" with pics. I've installed many HID kits in multiple vehicles. ..... and i must say, the LED replacements from superbrightleds.com are simple and just as bright as any HID. About 70$ and you're not running a wire loom all over your engine bay. Each lamp retro plugs directly into you existing factory plug. Not a lot of room behind our lights so for my ease of instalation i removed the entire headlight assembly. Hopefully today after i fix my desktop I'll get the pics and write up done. Took about an hour and i went blindly into this (no manual) and i was taking pictures for everyone's benefit, so almost anyone out there can do this.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Old 05-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Yes Bass.... Those are the ones. From my phone i can't post links and stuff. They're GREAT!

Old 05-09-2016, 06:40 PM
So I'll do the step by step later. The pic with hood up lights on has the passenger side light replaced yet not reinstalled . It is actually pointed down whereas the oem is pointed right at my camera, and it is still WAY brighter LOL

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-20160504_190730.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-20160504_190747.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-20160504_194346.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-20160504_213301.jpg  
Old 05-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Good deal. I see the LED module has the "visor" on the low beam for a better cutoff pattern so the light doesnt blind oncoming drivers. A projector housing is preferred but i dont feel like baking my headlight housings at 250 degrees for 10 minutes to separate them.

Cant wait to see more pics!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Trying to find out if it can be installed "upside down" or not. Need to test some more tonight with my sweetie in another car to make sure the brights are correct and not on when the lows are supposed to be on. Will update later. ***Nice write up on the speaker upgrade btw Bass!***

Old 05-09-2016, 11:57 PM
You are welcome on the audio upgrades!

What about the DRL circuit on the high beam bulbs? Any flicker? The SiriusLED 4th gen and 4S gen ai have dont have the filters and the pulse width modulation at 120hz makes them flicker to the eye badly. Had no choice but to disable the circuit by yanking the under dash fuse, and moving the DRLs to an external set of DRL LEDs which happen to be switchbacks type A. Its a nice look!

Bass

Old 05-13-2016, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
All the LED headlamp bulbs I've seen have either a fan or a heat sink at the rear, which would prevent the re-installation of the rubber weather seal over the back of the lamp and lamp housing. How do you guys keep moisture out of the headlamp housings? Or don't you drive in the rain?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
All the LED headlamp bulbs I've seen have either a fan or a heat sink at the rear, which would prevent the re-installation of the rubber weather seal over the back of the lamp and lamp housing. How do you guys keep moisture out of the headlamp housings? Or don't you drive in the rain?
You work around it....No issues with moisture for me.

LED 01

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-80-picture_php_pictureid_9647_b7270ba2c128f3d06ab84d9af7d79bee8f777a37.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-80-picture_php_pictureid_9646_1667927f616c567b0b1a2a716271ff9d7f826a0a.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-80-picture_php_pictureid_9645_1f332162a807c8ee563f15f51099c2c05ec151aa.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-80-picture_php_pictureid_9644_25eb0190865ad086dd4f30a33f1e9e3357b55e7b.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-80-picture_php_pictureid_9643_379c014df5999212383f6ec5a6477623204fcb25.jpg  

Old 05-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Nice Lamps BassG. Sorry Fellow Fit Freakers..... rl has been a bit crazy. To answer your ? Bass about flicker and what not, haven't called SBL yet but I've not seen any flicker and I'm overly aware of annoying things like that. Lights are looking great and now I'll attempt to post the actual install photos.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Ok so first off I removed the entire headlight assembly, some people remove the bumper to do this I just pulled it out of the way a bit to get to the screws holding in the assy. Look at pic, the yellow locates the trim clips that need to be removed (all 4 that hold on the "grill" area should be removed) And the red shows the location of the lower right bolt holding the lamp assy to the car.

Remove the screw in the fender well that secures the bumper as well (2nd Pic) This will enable you to "pull" the bumper out enough to remove the 2 bolts under the lamp hidden by the bumper.

This is what the back of your assembly should look like (Pic3) Notice the rubber boot is still attached and the lamp plug (3 spade bits) can be seen in the middle of the boot

Rubber boot off (Pic 4) This is the retaining spring, pay careful attention to how it Fits. One side is held by that black screw (yellow arrow) and the other side rests under the housing (red arrow). Back out the screw enough to get the spring out, you don't need to remove it.

Remove old lamp and install LED in its place. Then lock down the LED with retaining spring (pic 5)

Next mushroom out the heatsink as shown, keeping in mind that the rubber boot Will go back on. (Pic 6)

Finished product (Pic 7) I just ran the plug through the hole already in the rubber boot. Haven't done a major water test on her yet....but a big storm is coming tomorrow, Cant Wait!!! :-)

Hope that helps a little bit more, and I know I need to look at the sticky on how to post pics and stuff, sorry for any confusion.

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-trim-removal-y-lower-right-lamp-assy-bolt-r-.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-wheel-well-fender-clip.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-20160504_193022.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-retaining-spring-close-up.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-led-w-copper-mesh-heatsink.jpg  

LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-mushroomed-heatsink.jpg   LED Headlights!?!? Seriously?  YES, SERIOUSLY :)-plug-coming-through-rubber-boot.jpg  
Old 11-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
You work around it....No issues with moisture for me.

LED 01
So how do you put the retaining clip back? Does it fit?

Old 12-11-2019, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by purple journey
Nice Lamps BassG. Sorry Fellow Fit Freakers..... rl has been a bit crazy. To answer your ? Bass about flicker and what not, haven't called SBL yet but I've not seen any flicker and I'm overly aware of annoying things like that. Lights are looking great and now I'll attempt to post the actual install photos.
purple journey, how bright were the high beam "filaments" in DRL mode? Same brigthness as high beam mode or less bright?

Old 12-17-2019, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I bought these, they are 10 percent off right now,.The heat sink is small, it is not long, and therefore the rubber dust seal contacts and covers up a large portion of it. I contacted superbrightleds.com tech support and they said "it should not be an issue." It reaches all the way up the conical part until it contacts the cylindrical part..We'll see how hot the heat sink gets, and if it damages the rubber. I don't want to cut the seal. If I did there would not be a way to make it seal. So I might as well just either leave it in or take it out. So far the light from the lamp looks good. It light up in DRL mode without flickering, and at lower intensity than high beam.

There was no allen key supplied.

The installation instruction manual is atrocious. It makes installing the lamp appear more complicated than it actually is. You simply separate the retaining ring from the lamp main body, by pulling it straight back, install the retaining ring in the headlight assembly, put the rubber dust seal back in place, then push the lamp body through the center of dust seal, and the retaining ring, until it clicks into place. Friction from the dust seal make this hard, so first wipe a little silicone lube on the seal where the lamp body passes through.

See this thread.

Last edited by nomenclator; 01-04-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Beam pattern

Any one have any pics of the beam patterns on a wall for high and low beams with there led bulbs?

Here’s something new.

Last edited by Newfie; 04-02-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the link to the sale page.

I don't see anything new about these "laser" lights. Looks to me like they are simply bright lights, for off-road use. I am reasonably certain there is no laser light being output by this device. Yet they are calling the lights laser lights. That shows me they are willing to use misleading advertising. I would prefer to avoid dealing with a merchant that resorts to misleading advertising. If they are willing to mislabel one thing, they may also be willing to mislabel something else.

They don't even seem to be all that bright. Standard halogen lamps are about 1100 lumens on high beam, 900 on low bean. For each side of the vehicle. So 4000 lumens total. The lamps advertised here are supposedly 9,324 lumens. That is not even twice as bright as standard halogens. But they are probably exaggerating. Many on-road LED headlights for on-road use are specified as being 12,000 lumens. Of course they are probably exaggerating also.

Edit: I don't know how a link to an ebay page got attached to on-road LED headlights. I didn't put it there.

Last edited by nomenclator; 04-05-2020 at 11:17 PM.