General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Misfire codes p0300, p0302, P0303

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Misfire codes p0300, p0302, P0303

Hello All,

I need help. My 2009 Honda fit (79,000 miles) for the last couple of months has been having some issues. The first issue I encountered was the smell of fuel inside the cabin of the car. I took it to a mechanic who asked if I recently fueled the car and if I kept adding more fuel after the pump had stopped itself. I did indeed add a bit more fuel after the pump had stopped and he said that I had probably over filled the tank. He mentioned that the problem should fix itself and that the smell would eventually go away. Shortly after that the check engine light would frequently come on and then go off between between fuel ups. Now the check engine light will not go off and sometimes (not all the time, but it is becoming much more frequent) while sitting at a red light the car will sputter a little like its not getting air and when I push the accelerator to take off the check engine light will start to flash and the car will go into the "limp home" mode. I will then have to put on my flashers, pull over and shut off the car. When I start the car back up the problem goes away and the car acts fine. I took it to the same mechanic who check it out and said the car misfire codes were p0300, p0302 and p0303. Also mentioned that it set a p0339 CKP sensor circuit intermittent interruption once, but after it was cleared it has not reset. He also mentioned that he did a crankshaft relearn and it that the car should be okay. There was no charge and he said it should be fine. I drove the car away and the check engine light was off. After 5 minutes the check engine light came back on and sure enough while sitting at red light the car started sputtering and when I accelerated at the green light it went right back into the "limp home" mode. I pulled over, shut the car off and started it back up and again I was on my way with no flashing check engine light, but the light is on and will not go off.

Okay so there is my problem. I have looked through previous threads about flashing check engine lights and it seems like it could be a few different things, but I would like some input on my theories.

Could it be spark plugs? Could it be the coils? Could it be the upstream oxygen sensor?

I have gotten regular oil changes, but I have never been good about taking my vehicle to the dealer for regular check up intervals.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
Check the coils and spark plugs.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
If you overfill a car enough,, and I mean rally overfill you can sometimes get raw gas in the evap system which will get sucked up when the purge valve opens and floods the motor temporarily... Just a random thought.