General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is the Honda Fit OEM Full Nose Mask worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Question Is the Honda Fit OEM Full Nose Mask worth it?

Has anyone bought and installed the Honda OEM Full Nose Mask?
Seems the price is between MSRP of $175 down to about $110.

Is their a better product out there other than the OEM version?

Attached Thumbnails Is the Honda Fit OEM Full Nose Mask worth it?-81qzp72xsfl__sl1500_.jpg  
Old 05-11-2017, 07:09 AM
I have it and I love it. Great fit and I think it adds to the appearance. We don't have the best roads down here and anything to protect the paint from thrown up rocks is well worth it. An added bonus is that in our area I think we have the highest percentage of Fits on the road that I have ever seen and the mask just sets it off a little more.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by abueloloco
I have it and I love it. Great fit and I think it adds to the appearance. We don't have the best roads down here and anything to protect the paint from thrown up rocks is well worth it. An added bonus is that in our area I think we have the highest percentage of Fits on the road that I have ever seen and the mask just sets it off a little more.

15% of the Fits are made in Mexico I hear.
Yes I agree the black front cover is impressive and protect ts the front end from chips and things.
Thx

Old 05-11-2017, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
When I bought my Fit the previous owner had the FULL bra. The first thing I noticed was there was dull areas on the bottom of the bumper under the fog lights. I asked why this was like that and he replied that the bottom half of the bra fit loosely and buffeted against the bumper causing that. Not sure if it was user error when installing or he didnt remove it periodically to clean the bra and the area underneath.

The thing with Car Bras is that if dirt gets between it and the car will lead to paint damage. So you have to be vigilant and remove it when it rains or when you wash your car.

He ended up throwing the bottom half away and only left the hood portion left. I love the way the hood bra looks and take it off every time I wash so I can clean the hood and the bra itself.

In regards to protecting the front end from rock chips, it definitely will do that if installed and maintained properly. Just gotta remember to wash and wax the car regularly otherwise the area under the bra will look "rich and vivid" while the unprotected areas will fade/oxidize.

Hope this helps. Here is an older and more recent pic after I painted the difuser.

Last edited by shinjari; 05-11-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Never been a fan of those personally. seen them cause scratches sometimes.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by snail_power
Never been a fan of those personally. seen them cause scratches sometimes.
And thats due to either poor quality bra or people who arent cleaning/removing them regularly. You can't simply install it and forget it.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:02 PM
I still plan on installing because I will be towing my Fit behind my motorhome and will help reduce rock chips. I do plan on removing, cleaning, waxing and insure it is dry before I reinstall.
Thanks

Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
this day and age use clear bra.. and for those cases where u know youre going to need more protection, use painter's tape and remove after the cross country drive or track event. ... unless u like the look i suppose.