General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Hello Just upgraded from 09 fit to 17 fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Hello Just upgraded from 09 fit to 17 fit

Hi, everyone. I just purchased a new blue 17 ex-l with navi honda fit.

This is my second car but first new car. My first car is an used 09 fit sport with navi that I purchased 2 years ago. Unfortunately a taxi hit me from behind on highway during a stop and go traffic a month ago. While I am still waiting for the review of the case, I need a car for work. So I pulled the trigger and bought this 17 fit 2 days ago.

I am a Chinese that live in New York. I bought the car through a local Chinese auto sale company. kind like a middle man that help Chinese community buy and lease car. Since I am in a hurry for a car, I was not shop around and feel a hassle to contact different honda dealers. I just settle down on this Chinese company. I think the price might be higher than honda dealer could give me. Price is 21800 (before tax) for this blue 2017 ex-l with navi. No any extra accessories. Just the car. Plus 1000 for gap insurance. plus other fee. plus tax. Total is reaching 26500. Gosh kind expensive for a subcompact car.

The car driving much smooth over choppy road. People complain about the stiff suspension of this fit. But man if you come from old fit, this car is a lot of improvement in this regard. The old fit might be too sporty that you feel the bump so badly.

The road noise is fine. I am not sure if it is quiet than old fit. However the engine sounds is not pleasant. My old fit has HPS intake installed which produce loud sound when over 3000 rpm. But that is not noise, that is a pleasant sound that you feel addicted to hear. I always want to give more gas not because of wanting more speed but for the desire to hear the sound.

This brings to another observation. The old fit feels faster than it actual is. The old fit is slower than the new fit. But I do not know why the old fit give you a feeling that the car moves faster when you give some gas. I think it contributes to the engine sounds and stiff suspension.

I might to install aftermarket intake or exhaust for this new fit. But I heard it will void Honda warranty. So do any modification after 3 years. Is that a good suggestion?

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-16-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
I sincerely hope you enjoy your wonderful new car.
Cheers.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know what Honda Fit's are going for in the New York area, but $26,500 seems REALLY high.
I think the EX with Nav is the top of the trim line however.
Maybe other New Yorkers could chime in?

No other accessories?
For $26,500 I hope they at least gave you floor mats.
Geesh, I'd want a cargo liner and cargo cover with that investment.

On the positive side?
That's a nice vehicle.
Hopefully you can enjoy it for a long, long time.
I hope you do enjoy it.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
I don't know what Honda Fit's are going for in the New York area, but $26,500 seems REALLY high.
I think the EX with Nav is the top of the trim line however.
Maybe other New Yorkers could chime in?

No other accessories?
For $26,500 I hope they at least gave you floor mats.
Geesh, I'd want a cargo liner and cargo cover with that investment.

On the positive side?
That's a nice vehicle.
Hopefully you can enjoy it for a long, long time.
I hope you do enjoy it.
Price before tax and other fee is 21800. I believe it is around the MSRP. But from what I heard you can always get some discount from dealer. I was looking for exl without navi and blue color at first place. But the Chinese auto company can not find an exl with blue color around my area. They say they can only find blue color with navi. Since I only want blue color, so I agree to add 1000 more for the navi.

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-16-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:36 PM
yes, definitely seemed most ex-l have navi - in the dc area I found at least 4 blue with navi and only 1 without. I think honda makes more money on the navi. At first I thought I would just get one with navi if I could get a good deal because there was one at one of the dealers near me, but surprisingly they wouldn't budge much on the price, even though 2018s weren't far off and the one had sat on the lot since january. so I ended up buying the one without navi from the dealer further away which is what I wanted anyway.

For other blue ex-l without navi, I only found 1 in richmond, va area 1/5-2h from me one in georgia, one in pa, maybe a few more that I missed.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the honda fit price is quite firm. The Chinese auto company suggest me to choose other brand car that has better value and discount. But I just want the fit and just want the blue color. What can you do...But good thing is honda fit has better resale value than other brand subcompact car.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
nice color, congrats on your new ride. dont worry about the price. if it's worth it to you, who cares.

about intake and exhaust... i'd keep the exhaust stock. CVT doesnt sound good to begin with and making it noisier just makes no sense imho as far as exhaust. maybe do an intake for some more engine noise... might even get better mpg.