New Fit owner! - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:42 PM

New Fit owner!

hello everyone,
I bought a brand new 2016 Honda Fit EX-L NAVI, with a six speed manual. Less than 200 km on it when I rolled off the lot. Got a nice deal on it because it's top of the line, but most people around here nowadays don't want a manual transmission! I came here out of curiosity because I've looked everywhere for another EX-L NAVI 6MT and it's almost as if they don't exist, or they are few and far between.

Have fun, have a great day, and hopefully I'll "fit" in.

-Adam
Old 01-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Lucky you! They don't offer a manual transmission with the EX-L trim in the USA.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Another New Fit Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchoe006 View Post
hello everyone,
I bought a brand new 2016 Honda Fit EX-L NAVI, with a six speed manual. Less than 200 km on it when I rolled off the lot. Got a nice deal on it because it's top of the line, but most people around here nowadays don't want a manual transmission! I came here out of curiosity because I've looked everywhere for another EX-L NAVI 6MT and it's almost as if they don't exist, or they are few and far between.

Have fun, have a great day, and hopefully I'll "fit" in.

-Adam
I just bought a 2016 EX model, CVT, with 1500 miles on it, also a very good cost.
I would have certainly considered a manual transmission if the price was that much better, however I did get this one at about $5K lower than KBB valuation.
I am looking for a tow hole cover though that doesn't cost $25; it is just a round plug of plastic, a fair price would be ~$8.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member

Enjoy...
Oddly, the buying audience might be somewhat exclusive but I think a considerable number of people in the USA would LOVE a Honda Fit EX-L Nav, with a manual transmission.

Or let's put it this way...I think those that would want that vehicle...would REALLY want that vehicle.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:30 PM

My prior vehicle, which I still have, is a Toyota Yaris manual transmission. I had to travel far to get the manual transmission model.
The CVT Fit transmission tries to give some shiftability, but I don't quite understand the logic that they have built in, or the practicality.
It is nicer to have than not I guess, but the transmission certainly has a life of its own, and will only take shifting directives as mild suggestions, when it thinks you have made the wrong decision it will overrule you.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Also, I've seen some information on the web that Fits built in Mexico may have some issues? Is there any real proof of this, or is it just hearsay?