Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Fit owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:42 PM
New Fit owner!

hello everyone,
I bought a brand new 2016 Honda Fit EX-L NAVI, with a six speed manual. Less than 200 km on it when I rolled off the lot. Got a nice deal on it because it's top of the line, but most people around here nowadays don't want a manual transmission! I came here out of curiosity because I've looked everywhere for another EX-L NAVI 6MT and it's almost as if they don't exist, or they are few and far between.

Have fun, have a great day, and hopefully I'll "fit" in.

-Adam

Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome!

Lucky you! They don't offer a manual transmission with the EX-L trim in the USA.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Another New Fit Owner

Originally Posted by Frenchoe006
hello everyone,
I bought a brand new 2016 Honda Fit EX-L NAVI, with a six speed manual. Less than 200 km on it when I rolled off the lot. Got a nice deal on it because it's top of the line, but most people around here nowadays don't want a manual transmission! I came here out of curiosity because I've looked everywhere for another EX-L NAVI 6MT and it's almost as if they don't exist, or they are few and far between.

Have fun, have a great day, and hopefully I'll "fit" in.

-Adam
I just bought a 2016 EX model, CVT, with 1500 miles on it, also a very good cost.
I would have certainly considered a manual transmission if the price was that much better, however I did get this one at about $5K lower than KBB valuation.
I am looking for a tow hole cover though that doesn't cost $25; it is just a round plug of plastic, a fair price would be ~$8.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Enjoy...
Oddly, the buying audience might be somewhat exclusive but I think a considerable number of people in the USA would LOVE a Honda Fit EX-L Nav, with a manual transmission.

Or let's put it this way...I think those that would want that vehicle...would REALLY want that vehicle.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:30 PM
My prior vehicle, which I still have, is a Toyota Yaris manual transmission. I had to travel far to get the manual transmission model.
The CVT Fit transmission tries to give some shiftability, but I don't quite understand the logic that they have built in, or the practicality.
It is nicer to have than not I guess, but the transmission certainly has a life of its own, and will only take shifting directives as mild suggestions, when it thinks you have made the wrong decision it will overrule you.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Also, I've seen some information on the web that Fits built in Mexico may have some issues? Is there any real proof of this, or is it just hearsay?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Frenchoe006
Also, I've seen some information on the web that Fits built in Mexico may have some issues? Is there any real proof of this, or is it just hearsay?
I did a lot of research on major "gremlins" and/or the most recalls for every year the Fit has been available in our market. '07 (airbags, electrical), '08 (airbags, electrical) and '15 (airbags, transmission) have the biggest numbers.

The Celaya factory had enough early capacity and QC issues that Honda temporarily ceased production there and reverted to importing from Japan (until capacity and/or QC challenges could be addressed). My 2017 M/T Fit is 65% parts-build Japan and on the JP list is the engine. I felt more comfortable buying my GK knowing Honda, a global company for a long time, went to such lengths to right the ship.