General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Well I did it, added a EV to the stable.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Well I did it, added a EV to the stable.

Just signed up for 24 months on a 2nd time around Fit-EV

Nice shape, had 35K on it.

So far,,, Its fun, it really jumps when you gas it in sport mode..

Way quieter than My 07..

The 2nd time around lease is tax+liscense+first payment+ about 125 to the dealer, that got me out the door for 550 + 23 more payments of $199.00.

They are giving me a level 2 charger for home with it..

They cover all the car insurance but Liability.

Well see how the story ends..

Old 09-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator
thats a pretty good price. lets see first charge mileage numbers.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Lets just say I used angry squirrel sport mode a lot and got it down to about 40 miles on the first round..

for about the first 60 feet its as quick as my bike..

I have a 20 mile round trip comute I was driving in a jeep wrangler thats warmed up.. It can get about 18 if I really try, gets about 10 when I dont.

SO All I'm looking for is to keep the miles off the ol jeep and the gas money in my pocket, I was spending over 150 a month on gas so add tires and the rest of the jeep cost and I call it a win.. I figure its cheap fun and kinda cool so what the heck, I've wasted money in worse ways..

Old 09-08-2017, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, and the AC works WAY WAY better than the one in my GD... Being able to pre-cool the car before I leave work is awesome. Prob wont do it all the time casue it sucks miles away,,, I also found that just a couple blocks from where I work there is a garage with free charging..

Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my dumbarse neighbor down the street has a leaf and ever time i see that pos i want to ram it off the road. haha.

so on a good day, how many miles can you get off a charge?

Old 09-09-2017, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
So far, getting right about 80 on a charge, that's during the day not running the AC much, Driving at night affects the range a fair bit, they used regular halogen 9003 bulbs, and the DTR lights are incandescent. Some LED's would have helped the range a bit at night, I'd guess the headlights bang you for almost 10% on range...

Old 09-09-2017, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
my dumbarse neighbor down the street has a leaf and ever time i see that pos i want to ram it off the road. haha.
I drive a Leaf for work and while it's a basic car, it works really well for me. A Fit EV would be great but it's not in the cards for us for now.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
So far, getting right about 80 on a charge, that's during the day not running the AC much, Driving at night affects the range a fair bit, they used regular halogen 9003 bulbs, and the DTR lights are incandescent. Some LED's would have helped the range a bit at night, I'd guess the headlights bang you for almost 10% on range...
dang..milage anxiety for me. 80miles is like the Leaf. but at least you have the jeep as back up in case you have a power outage at home. with your short commute and keeping miles off your jeep think it makes sense.

Originally Posted by The Fitness
I drive a Leaf for work and while it's a basic car, it works really well for me. A Fit EV would be great but it's not in the cards for us for now.

yah, actually i dont think its really the Leaf that i hate. im conditioned to hate everything that this dumbarse faking neighbor has including his stupid prius. i didnt mean to offend..

Old 09-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, actually i dont think its really the Leaf that i hate. im conditioned to hate everything that this dumbarse faking neighbor has including his stupid prius. i didnt mean to offend..
No worries. No offense taken.

We own a Prius at home, too.

I know what it's like to have a jerk for a neighbor-I can empathize!

Old 09-09-2017, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
hey thanks. haha yah, if you met this neighbor down the street from me, you'd hate him and his family too. none of my cool neighbors like them either.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Well thought I'd update,,,

With a couple months in the car here is the pro-s and cons...

Pro:
- The L2 charger that came with the car works great, 2.5 hours to charge the car.
- Quiet, makes the commute home pleasant.
- Liking no gas bill a LOT
- Car is fitting my mission, Home to work and back, occasional errands, teaching daughter to drive.
- It drives well, its not a sports car, and probably won't out corner a fit sport but its comfortable and for the most part is a very decent driving car.
- Climate control works very well I like it a lot.
- Heated seats rock.
- Call quality in hands free mode is very good.

Cons:
- Head unit ,, Hate the GPS interface, no smart phone linking other than call and raw music. Sound quality is adequate, has a nag screen every time you start the car warning that Honda is tracking the car..
- Range in the cold, at 50 deg F your down to about 40 miles range, It still gets me there and back but I wasn't expecting such a sharp drop at 50, figured it would have to get a lot colder to really drop the range. Its partially lack of planning on honda's part, there is no battery heater like most industrial battery rigs have to warm the battery in cold charging weather.
- "Brake Assist" I would never recommend anybody buy a car with this system. Its a freeking hazard. Horrible horrible system. Had a couple close calls because if it. If you brake check to avoid something ,, the car wont let the brakes release until it hits some speed I think, really not 100% sure what Honda's plan was...
- has a compressor, fix-a-flat kit & plug kit instead of spare, I really believe a plastic rim and skinny tire would have been better..
- Halogen instead of LED headlights. car should have been 100% LED.

Still happy I got it,, just wish I could ditch brake assist and the nag screen..

Old 11-10-2017, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting report!

Wow, that range is low. It just wouldn't be very useful where I live.

I don't like any of these modern nanny systems. Dad's CR-V has the lane keep assist. It's almost dangerous to use on curvy mountain roads. I'm sure it's better on the interstate, but it's not safe on curvy roads. Luckily it can be turned off.

My car has the warning detection system. Thank goodness is doesn't brake when that goes off. I set it off regularly when accelerating to pass on two lane roads. If it hit the brakes, I'd be meeting oncoming traffic in a not so good way.

Can you turn off the brake assist?

Old 11-10-2017, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
If electric works for your commute it is nice. For me I'd need an honest 250 miles of range to ever consider going electric.

Oh & those darned nanny's. Don't get me started on them !@#*%. I feel they are dumbing down drivers not making them better.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
wat year is this car? if its a few yrs old maybe the technology was just not there yet. hope u can turn off those nanni's.

lol'ed at 40 mile range. i wont be able to make it to my work and back. this am it was like 15F... probably down to 15mile range. lol

Old 10-23-2019, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Final update:
Oct 1 turned in the FIT..

Other than never getting over the stupid programming choices honda made with the Stereo.. LOL

My family hated taking it back, both daughters loved it. It was their car of choice if they had to go anywhere in Portland.
Both of them got real savvy at finding charging spots especially the free ones. But 90% of the time they made it back
without charging

I'd have bought the car if honda would have let me, nothing else out there has the combo of small car lots of room.

For those that still don't get it,, range is JUST NOT A PROBLEM especially when you live in a EV town.
(Even though I'd say less than 10% of our charging happened away from home. )
This is not the car you go cross country in ,, its your quick trip commuter run around car that keeps the miles off your toys..
If you draw a circle 20 to 30 miles across around your home how many times do you leave that circle a week?
Driving a EV is adopting a different pattern to how you run around, and if the EV is comfortable, what else is needed.
The car was a consistent 9 second 0-60 car, with a fresh charge and a cool day 8.
You have to live with one to get it,, explanations won't do and only experience gets rid of the range anxiety.
We put 30K on the car in two years.. Without going more than 40 miles from home..
199 a month, they covered the insurance except for liability. average of 35 bucks a month to charge it..
300 for a new set of tires because I have about 5 miles of fun curvy road on my commute.. LOL
Not a bad cost for 2 years..

I miss Sparky the electric blue wonder car.. A lot.