General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Tire sidewall crack

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
There is certainly room in the world for different philosophies on tires, and not everyone believes deep down that they're driving a race car no matter what they're sitting in (although I do)... but even if you're not going to buy extreme summer performance tires and switch to winter tires when the temperature gets too low for them to stick
I fall into that category. For a car that really don't like (other than it's very utilitarian for hauling parts, wheels and tires for my WRX), I have six sets of wheels and tires for it. Generally, in the summer I ride around on other peoples heat cycled out take off extreme performance tires such as RE-71R or BF Goodrich Rival S 1.5's. Basically only buy winter tires.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Rob H
WOW, Google'd it. IMO way over priced for a tire I never heard of. Discount Tire Direct wants $85 each for a 195/60/15. There's allot better tires available for that money. Says it comes with a 60K mile warranty? I'd think a big crack in the sidewall would be a defect and covered under it?
Yes but I bought these tires together with the Enkei wheels from Offerup so I dont have the receipt. I called America's Tires but they said I need to have the receipt to get the warranty.
Anyway i did replace it with a new tire now.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by utsug
Yes but I bought these tires together with the Enkei wheels from Offerup so I dont have the receipt. I called America's Tires but they said I need to have the receipt to get the warranty.
Anyway i did replace it with a new tire now.
they're scumbags for not honoring the warranty. We're happy you have a new tire on there. We don't like our members suddenly disappearing because of tires failing at high speeds.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by radioarno
they're scumbags for not honoring the warranty. We're happy you have a new tire on there. We don't like our members suddenly disappearing because of tires failing at high speeds.
yeah would be nice if they honor it.