General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I've got a 2018 Fit sport what do you guys recommend as mods performances mainly

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 AM
I've got a 2018 Fit sport what do you guys recommend as mods performances mainly

I'm looking for mods to do to my fit sport I'd like some tasteful performance mods but I'd still like some recommendations for anything you guys can think of

Old 02-15-2018, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
There are cat back exhausts and cold air intakes available, but they really aren't worth the money unless you want them for sound or looks. Little power to be gained.

I can't think of much outside of wheels/tires, window tint, all weather mats, and maybe a short shifter (if manual) that would be worth spending money on with an '18 Fit. Maybe upgraded brake pads and fluid when the time comes.

Any GK owners have better suggestions?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
There are cat back exhausts and cold air intakes available, but they really aren't worth the money unless you want them for sound or looks. Little power to be gained.

I can't think of much outside of wheels/tires, window tint, all weather mats, and maybe a short shifter (if manual) that would be worth spending money on with an '18 Fit. Maybe upgraded brake pads and fluid when the time comes.

Any GK owners have better suggestions?
yah, keep it stock and just drive it as is. save up and get a faster car next time. if dressup, swifts and wheels would be good.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
What are your goals for modification? Looks, handling, horsepower? If handling, first thing to do is a rear sway bar. If horsepower, get the RV6 downpipe, even though nobody has put a dyno chart up yet, it seems to give the most gain for acceleration. It's raspy, though, so you'd probably want to mix it with a large perforated core muffler- small ones like the HKS or Tanabe don't seem to take the harsh note out.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 AM
Our favorite mod was to change the exhaust to a Tanabe Medallion. The factory exhaust was too grating and under WOT, it really felt the engine was going to fly apart. I'm not sure if they have it for 2018 yet.

The other minor mods we liked was changing the plasticky shifter (we changed ours to Skunk) and adding ambient lighting to add life to the drab interior.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Had I not gotten the RV6 pipe, Tanabe would have been the top of my list. From the youtube videos it's by far my favorite sounding exhaust for this car.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM
no mods.totally a waste of money for such little gains.save your money and k swap.you will reap the rewards in the long run!

Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Paint protection film on hood and front bumper (if you do a ton of highway driving), Weathertech mats and window tint.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
those are good suggestions if the paint dont start flaking off on its own on the door.. like mine.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you enjoy your new Fit.

I'm not a big mod's guy, so really can't offer anything much as far as performance enhancing mods.

I've always thought both my Fits were fun to drive, both my 2010 and now my 2016. But I thought they were fun to drive in the old cliche..."It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow" type of way.

Additions I would make?
I like a cargo tray...OEM or make your own.
Even though ridiculously over priced, I like my Cargo Cover. There are threads where people have made there own.
And given the thinness of the carpet in The Fit, I think good floormats are a must.

I personally like all-weather as opposed to carpeted mats. Husky, Weathertech, OEM....pick em. OEM came with my vehicle. If I was buying today? I'd probably go with Husky.

Ny 2016 OEM all weather mats....are OK..but don't offer the protection of coverage or either Husky or Weathertech.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
yah, definitely husky if you want the coverage.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:29 PM
I have a 2018 Fit Sport as well. I opted for the HFP so I wouldnt be tempted to modify it before the warranty expires.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:32 PM
The only mods that I did with mine was a K&N filter.... I'd say save your $$ and get a miata... haha

Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Rear sway bar is worth it, to me (Progress bar, iirc)......I also switched out the cheap plastic shift knob for leather wrapped aluminum billet (applicable only to manuals trans,) and I did get a Tanabe Medallion Touring axleback, not for performance, but just for a more pleasing exhaust note.....sounds so much better, and my Mrs wouldn't've even noticed had I not told her.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:35 PM
I bought my gently used 2016 EX for daily driving duty and after 1 month of ownership I have a pretty good idea what the car needs.
I'm pretty sure this is applicable to 2018MY as well.
1. Shift knob (if you are driving a 6MT) - the stock one is too funny. And useless. I am in total agreement with the others here.
2. All-weather mats and cargo tray. The carpet in this car is, well... not really a carpet.
3. Tires. Cannot stress this enough. OEM Firestone FR740 are absolutely useless in the rain. I live in Vancouver and rain is pretty much a daily thing here. The car is downright undriveable.
4. Suspension - this is more of a want as opposed to need - it would be nice if it was just tad stiffer without sacrificing its ride quality, which is quite frankly amazing for the price. I'm thinking the HFP kit. I like to stay with OEM if available. And a swaybar for that rear... I would just weld a piece to the existing setup to make it stiffer, except warranty.
5. Exhaust - this one is because this car simply does not sound right at all. Which is weird, as there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the motor or the stock muffler. But they are absolutely to quiet and while all the "good" induction and combustion noise is all but filtered out, what is left is the non-harmonic-distortion--type trashy ruckus made by all the spinning/ticking/rocking/pivoting kit under the bonnet. Too bad all available mufflers except Tanabe look like fartcans and sound like a straight pipe with a glasspack, which they all basically are. I am somewhat curious about the Bisimoto's idea of a massive straight pipe with a tuned helmholz resonator... but the videos online make it sound suspiciously inadequate... So I guess Tanabe it is.
Items 1,2 and 3 are taken care of, 4 and 5 are still in the works. But anything other than that is purely just another way to spend money. Unless you live in Thailand or Malaysia or somewhere close - over there these cars are so done-up, it is epic. And a way of life it seems.

Last edited by vinylengraver; 06-23-2018 at 07:42 PM.