General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Dealership messed up my car... thoughts and ideas appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Dealership messed up my car... thoughts and ideas appreciated!

Greetings,

Took my 09 base model fit in for a couple of recalls and an oil change (I get free oil changes which is why I take it there.) The recalls were the lost motion spring recall and the airbag recalls.

When I got back in the car... the radio no longer worked at all (not even that blinking security light, or a prompt to enter a code.. just didn't work at all..)

And the lock button doesn't work after I turn the car off and remove the key.

And every time I turn the car on and off, it resets the average MPG to --- (blank).

And they didn't get the dash properly lined up (the glove compartment doesn't sit right..)

And, I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but there are more rattles I've never heard before. (If I can't trust them to get the dash right, or the other problems right, how can I trust they did the engine / lost motion spring right?)

The dealership said they'll fix it of course (I didn't have time to just leave them my car... so I didn't get it done right away..)

I'm curious if anybody has any ideas of what might have gone wrong with the electrical stuff... the radio and the average mpg memory.

Also, what I should do about this... and what might be possible. I'm thinking about calling Honda, but I'm not sure what they and/or the dealership might actually be able or willing to do for me.

Suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Old 05-29-2018, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Check the battery terminals regarding the MPGs constantly resetting and there is a change that the cable could be "walking" on the battery post and not have a constant connection... Same goes with body grounds for the same cable. Standard procedure is to disconnect the negative lead from the battery prior to servicing for safety reasons.

Panel fitment is simple but takes a little patience on the GE8 since everything HAS TO line up first before snapping/locking/clipping into place.

As for the radio, the dealer will have to look into it. The radio doesn't have to be fully removed but does have to be adjusted slightly to access some items pertaining to the recall. It could be as simple as a soft set connector.

Just be patient and give the dealership an opportunity to right the concerns (both of which you seem to be judging from how your post is worded). =)

Also, out of curiosity... How did you go so long without getting the lost motion spring recall done if you go there for oil changes? That's been out for about 8 years or more.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
I took it there before for the spring recall and they said after taking it in for the recall: "oh, we can't do that now".. I guess they didn't want to give me a loaner car before and it was going to take too long to get my engine to cool down.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
I also don't drive a lot in this car, so my oil changes aren't frequent. (My car only has 45k miles on it.)

Old 06-02-2018, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
So, they claim the electrical stuff went bad because of a blown fuse.. yay. They did the repairs and blew a fuse in the process?

And they didn't hear the rattle. Lovely.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
That's a tough situation.
Because once a place has "messed up" ---even if they agree to fix it, you have lost faith in their skills and ability.

I've been is similar situations myself.

I might call Honda Customer Support, and tell them your story. Ask about having the work done at a different dealership.

IMO...if the car was in the immediate state you say it was in, when they gave it back to you?
There really is no excuse.

I hope you can get the issues resolved to your satisfaction. Good Luck.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
...and now my check engine light is on.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Since the dealership agreed to repair your car, call the dealership and ask to bring it to them on your day off for the repairs, even if it's on a Saturday. Tell them to have a different tech work on it this time. Leave it up to them to sort out the problems and fix them to your satisfaction.

If you're waiting at the dealership for the car, they'll probably get someone on it faster when they know you're waiting for it, and won't try to call you at the end of the day saying they didn't have enough time to complete repairs.

When they come get you after repairs are completed, take some time and make sure everything works before you accept it and leave. Demand a loaner if the repair work is not completed or not done to your satisfaction.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
The CEL coming on weeks later is not the fault of the dealership. You have a near 10 year old car.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The CEL coming on weeks later is not the fault of the dealership. You have a near 10 year old car.

I drive my car.. VERY little. There was little to no mileage put on it between when I got it back and when I hopped in it to take a trip where I noticed the light. A little over 45k miles on it. Also, it wasn't just the CEL, it was making a horrible noise too... Of course, I go to bring it in and it stops making the noise right before!