Where to Buy? (Calgary)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I have the Enkei RPF-1s.. in 15". Superlight wheel for sure.. my rim/tire combo is about 12lbs lighter per corner than my stock 15"s with rubber.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but..

I have a different opinion when it comes to Auto-X vs. Drag Racing.. especially when it comes to wear and tear on your vehicle..

The main things with draggin is that you wear out your tires, and the clutch in some cases.. hitting walls, and excess speed is definitely not a concern even with a boosted Fit. I dragged last summer, my top speed was about 120km/h... i get going faster on the deerfoot...

with Auto-X, you're so hard on the suspension components, brakes, tires, and everything else linked to it, that it would cause more damage to your car than dragging. I used to Auto-x with my 00 Si-R and so did my friends... all of us had upgraded suspension components, sway bars, strut braces etc. except one of my friends. After an afternoon of auto-x my friends DX civic had ripples in his front fenders.. we came to the conclusion that since he had no strut brace, his fenders/body flexed too much on the track and it caused the body of his car to start bending....

Oh and ya.... running mid 17s @ 86mph sounds not that bad, but if you saw the vid with me racing a 15s car, it seriously looked like i was out for a sunday drive... so embarrasing.. hahaha

Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Love those wheels

Hmmm, I guess I should probably get a strut bar sometime here soon

Old 01-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Love those wheels

Hmmm, I guess I should probably get a strut bar sometime here soon
and maybe install that stabilizer bar sometime............

Old 01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Saturday baby!

I am thinking I might get the Tanabe Strut bar, I like how it mounts up on the strut towers.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davevm
and maybe install that stabilizer bar sometime............
Well Dave, you can chalk another upgrade up for me! JDMish hooked me up with the install & fixed my flat (which nearly ruined my day as I went to meet him in the morning)

Man, Illusive you GOTTA install the bar! I can barley wait to hit the AutoX track this year!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Well Dave, you can chalk another upgrade up for me! JDMish hooked me up with the install & fixed my flat (which nearly ruined my day as I went to meet him in the morning)

Man, Illusive you GOTTA install the bar! I can barley wait to hit the AutoX track this year!!!
good for you!! it is amazing isn't it? even better with a cm of snow on the ground as the front end stays planted and rest just hangs out..lots of fun..i am going to get the rear stabilzer bar next!

i was there today for a bit..sorry i missed you guys..was getting the accord oil changed.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator
I already sold mine

Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Nick, got into my car right after you left and just in a couple of turns I noticed right away the difference that bar makes up front.

And for the specs the original bar came in at 21mm and the new bar came in at a whopping 26mm!! on paper that is a substantial increase. Cant wait to compare the two at the track this year!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Just checking the Local Fit interest in Calgary. Looking to sell my 06 WRX to get a FIT
I know it it will be considerably slower but I'm tired of ridiculous gas prices and the WRX drinks Premium.

The fit is so practicle and fun looking.

How are these cars on the track?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
try jlb motorsports on hondatech. GREAT DEALS. and an awesome guy to do business with.

also, wheelsnext.com has good deals. as well as edgeracing.com

Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
^Werd got my rota gt3's from them a year ago and everything was great.

Good communication and great prices.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
^Werd got my rota gt3's from them a year ago and everything was great.

Good communication and great prices.
yep. i just ordered my wheels from them!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Just checking the Local Fit interest in Calgary. Looking to sell my 06 WRX to get a FIT
I know it it will be considerably slower but I'm tired of ridiculous gas prices and the WRX drinks Premium.

The WRX was right at the top of my list when I went to buy, I choose the Fit pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned.

This car has a pretty peppy feel to it, I wouldn't recommend it for drag racing but you can hold your own on the Autocross course. I am not really sure how it would do on a road course, but anything with a lot of twists and turns should be fun.

I would suggest you go take one out for a test drive and throw it into a few corners.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
The WRX was right at the top of my list when I went to buy, I choose the Fit pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned.

This car has a pretty peppy feel to it, I wouldn't recommend it for drag racing but you can hold your own on the Autocross course. I am not really sure how it would do on a road course, but anything with a lot of twists and turns should be fun.

I would suggest you go take one out for a test drive and throw it into a few corners.

Thanks for the advice---I will take one for a drive---
I think my wife is more reluctant to sell the wrx than me ---

Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Not a drag car? JP will prove you wrong this summer with his slicks!

that baby will run 18's all day

Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 PM

i was just reading on another site of a guy thinking the same as you...but in reverse...he had his fit for 11,000 miles and was unhappy with it, wanted to sell it, until he took it to the track......100mph on turn 8 at wakins glen....decided to keep his fit............

Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Picked up our 08 Fit Sport Manual today from Honda West
love it ---its white.

Awesome price as well.
We won a spin the wheel game they had as a promotion over the weekend---ended up getting 2000$ off the price.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
love it ---its white.

Awesome price as well.
We won a spin the wheel game they had as a promotion over the weekend---ended up getting 2000$ off the price.
cograts on the fit purchase...jdmish is the parts dude at honda west..owns a red sport fit...good guy!! i like honda west...good people to deal with. hope to see you at the next meet!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Retired Moderator
love it ---its white.

Awesome price as well.
Congratulations on the new wheels and the big discount from the spin the wheel game! Now make sure you make it out to our meets

Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome when do you guys meet usually---hope I don't feel like the old guy.

I use to go to subby meets when we owned our wrx---but it was very clicky----

seems like you guys are a good bunch.

Can't wait to meet and see what fit owners are out there.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy? (Calgary)