The Calgary Watchdog thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The Calgary Watchdog thread

Just though I would start up a thread for people who want to vent about downright dangerous drivers here in Calgary;

Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
New Model Chrysler 300

Silver Chrysler 300; License Plate H-30554 (Alberta)

This car was driving Northbound at about 110km/h on McLeod Trail at 9:00pm July 14th, tried to pass me in a crazy weave as we came down the hill towards the 1st Stampede station... came to a screeching hault as it nearly collided with a minivan.... then it swerved out into my lane behind me.

Person was girl in her late teens, maybe early 20's girl. White cell phone in hand, little short f@ggy guy in the driver seat that was no more than 17 years old. She had crazy black hair with giant sun glasses in it.

As the light turned green they passed me illegally on the shoulder, I quickly sped up to get the LP number but she was doing about 120km/h-150km/h on McLeod within a block.

All I gotta say is F#ck you bitch. If I can ever get through to the Calgary Police service (seems I am on hold forever) I will be reporting you f-cking ass. Probably a good thing this car doesn't have a brush bumper like my old one or I would have no hard feelings spinning her ass trying to pull off a bull-sh!t pass like that.*

Be on the lookout, this is a VERY dangerous driver.

*Disclaimer: For legal purposed I would like to state I would not actually intentionally spin somebody out.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-14-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Well there was this guy driving all wonky this evening on Shaganappi in a Jeep Liberty. I pulled up beside and he is texting with BOTH HANDS!!! Moron...nuff said...

Old 07-15-2008, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
we could do a richmond thread i and i promise you it will be the lost thread on fitfreak alone lol

Old 07-15-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
LOL Richmond thread... dun even know where to start

Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Silver Chrysler 300; License Plate H-30554 (Alberta)
This is a rental fleet vehicle.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by DeeZeex
This is a rental fleet vehicle.
Yup, it is a fleet vehicle...probably a company car or she crashed her own car and got a rental...probably the latter...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Figures , although I didn't see any rental company stickers on it.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Figures , although I didn't see any rental company stickers on it.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's a rental...it's a "Fleet" plate, and could be a company owned vehicle. In Alberta, fleet plates start with 1,2,3,B,C,F,G, or H. D and M plates are for "Motor Vehicle Dealers". I usually find the latter are worse (read: less courteous and usually making a deal on the cell phone) drivers, and they usually drive the crap out of the vehicles they are given.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by DeeZeex
D and M plates are for "Motor Vehicle Dealers". I usually find the latter are worse (read: less courteous and usually making a deal on the cell phone) drivers, and they usually drive the crap out of the vehicles they are given.
This is true...very true, especially the last part lol...

Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Maybe it is just me, but are there more stupid drivers out there?

Not stupid in the sense of actual smarts, but more in the living in dreamland catagory.

Today on my normally 15 minute drive to work;

1) Some stupid guy took over 3 minutes to make a left turn... with an advanced green... a light that usually moves 20 to 30 cars through I barely made it as the 2nd car. Then he drove 20km for like 2 city blocks while he veared side to side in tune with his cigarette butt popping out the window to ash. I finally just about lost it and blew past him... he barely noticed with his cell phone in his ear.

2) A block later I get behind a Mini... doing 30km down 14th ave. She hits the brakes well in advance for a long turnoff to 9th ave, we do 20km all the way around the long corner and then 30km for what felt like MILES nd just my luck she is turning at 9th st too. Yaaaaa! For a few seconds we were going so slow I had to check my car position to make sure I wasn't actually going backwards.

3) So I finally get to my parkade; pissed off and 20 minutes behind schedule. I have to make a left to get in from the avenue and use a Key on the left hand side.... some stupid jackass was sitting in the middle of the enterance driveway, so I stop short and put my signal light on to indicate to him he can pull out... he pulls backwards and to the side of the driveway with the key; how nice, I can sit on a steep ramp opposite of the side I need to key in for the garage door so this dumbass can hang out for whatever reason. So at this point I am starting to lose it a bit this morning, I start honking and gesturing; meanwhile several cars have piled up behind me honking and freaking out. The guy kind of pulls forward and sits there for another 3 or 4 minutes; by the end I am screaming out my window at him and laying on the horn while bliping the throttle, he finally gets the cue and pulls out.... I could barely contain my rage

Sorry, but I REALLY need to rant this morning.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! some people huh?

things that make me angry while driving:

+10 to rage: thinking you own the road, and not having any courtesy or patience for other drivers.

+40 rage: people driving with ridiculous distractions for no reason at all. talking on the phone doesn't tick me off too bad if it's slow traffic, but don't be oppening a pop can when your passenger can do it for you, or text while comiing up to a merge lane on deerfoot, or... you know, do something thats distracting you from piloting a speeding mass of metal!

+100!! Seeing people make manuevers that are dangerous and of no benefit to you or anyone around you. don't speed up and cut me off, just so you can get into the line up of cars that i'm in, and then realize you mistake and get back behind the giant rig you didn't want to be behind, so you don't miss your turn off! ARgg!
don't try and push me off the road, when you try to merge on a yeild, and then finger me because you haven't had you're daily dose of McDicks yet.

bleh. I'll stop.

this thread'll probably get crazy. hehe