New Fit - Few questions before I purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
New Fit - Few questions before I purchase

I should be picking up a new 09 fit sport sometime next week. I was wondering what is the best approach to getting a good deal.

Should I take the asking price (21,xxx + tax I think I was told) and just try to get addons such as tint, 3M, floormats, (anything else?).

Or should I try to get them to drop the price and go elsewhere to get the tinting/3M done and buy mats online or locally?

Im not quite sure the cost of either, I heard 3M for should run around 700.

Just wondering what you have done or recommend.

Thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Are you in Calgary?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
From what I understand they don't make a huge profit on the car compared to other models, but even in a market where it was hard to even find a Fit on the lot I was able to knock about 500$ off the MSRP and get a few goodies thrown in (cargo cover, hood deflector, wheel locks).

When I first approached a few places in Calgary back in 07 the response I got was "sorry the price is the price" and I ended up going all the way to High River Honda who promised me the discount if I drove out there. One thing I wasn't too happy about was I found out later my hood deflector is not an OEM one.

Since then things have changed of course, obviously the market conditions are in your favour and there are a few people here on this website (eh em.... JDMish) who can probably hook you up with a pretty good deal over at Honda West. I am pretty sure if I ever need another Honda I will be heading over there.

If there is any piece of advice I can offer... stay away from T&T Honda. Those guys are a bunch of jerks and never take your Honda there for warranty because for some reason they don't honor warranties from Honda's bought at other dealerships.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes im in Calgary.

Good to know, I figured they didnt make that much of a markup but hard to know for sure. I was going to go around to the dealerships and see what I can get but it would be nice to go someplace to get another price. What is the name of this guy at Honda West ill be sure to give him a call.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kails; 01-16-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Majed is his name...Got my car from him and I'm really happy. If you have any question about the Fit or you need help let me know. I got mine about a month ago and it's awesome. On another note I can get you tint and 3m done for a much better price than the dealer since I have some connections!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah man really go talk to Majed at Honda West and tell him Etienne and Sebastien sent you. Sebastien (projekz) got his 09 there from him like 2-3 weeks ago and I got my 08 from him a bit more than a year ago. He's a great guy, will look after you and understands everyone wants a fair deal.

Jonathan (JDMish) works in parts there and you won't find anyone that knows these cars more in this town than the guys in this section. We have done some extensive mods to these so come talk to us if you need anything.

Jon will hook you up with some great prices on oem parts

btw welcome to our little section, if you behave I won;t bug you too much :P

Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
If there is any piece of advice I can offer... stay away from T&T Honda. Those guys are a bunch of jerks and never take your Honda there for warranty because for some reason they don't honor warranties from Honda's bought at other dealerships.
Not servicing Hondas bought from another dealer is against the dealership regulations from Honda Canada. I would report the bastards.

I deal at Honda West, no complaints other than they tend to have new cars I want in the showroom. I think I have sold more than one Fit while walking about looking at the cars.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Kails
Yes im in Calgary.

Good to know, I figured they didnt make that much of a markup but hard to know for sure. I was going to go around to the dealerships and see what I can get but it would be nice to go someplace to get another price. What is the name of this guy at Honda West ill be sure to give him a call.

Thanks!
Are you who I think you are? Because I think I know who you are

Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by projekz
Majed is his name...Got my car from him and I'm really happy. If you have any question about the Fit or you need help let me know. I got mine about a month ago and it's awesome. On another note I can get you tint and 3m done for a much better price than the dealer since I have some connections!
Tint connections.....PM me as I need tint for my 08.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned
I should be picking up a new 09 fit sport sometime next week. I was wondering what is the best approach to getting a good deal.

Should I take the asking price (21,xxx + tax I think I was told) and just try to get addons such as tint, 3M, floormats, (anything else?).

Or should I try to get them to drop the price and go elsewhere to get the tinting/3M done and buy mats online or locally?

Im not quite sure the cost of either, I heard 3M for should run around 700.

Just wondering what you have done or recommend.

Thanks!
I saw a good review for aftermarket floor mats from this place:

WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - My Vehicle Page - 2009 Honda Fit

And for the rear mat area:

http://www.elemmat.com/index.asp?Pag...PROD&ProdID=56

Even accounting for the USA/CDN exchange rate, the fit, quality and price will be better than from Honda Canada. Also, something special compared to the factory Honda stuff.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Haha I sure am who you think I am

Picked up my 09 TW fit sport MT today from T&T! They ended up basically giving me the mats and tint for free. Havent gotten the 3M yet, and still not sure about it.. Been looking at all the white cars out there and its always yellowed

Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 AM
congratz!

take good care of it and welcome to the family

Old 01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Yellow 3M is a lot better than having to repaint the hood! Hope we'll see you at the next Fit Meet.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Picked up my 09 TW fit sport MT today from T&T! They ended up basically giving me the mats and tint for free. Havent gotten the 3M yet, and still not sure about it.. Been looking at all the white cars out there and its always yellowed
Get the 3M K, most have a lifetime warranty against yellowing now. It's well worth it. Im sure you probably got a rock chip on the way home given all the gravel on our streets.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

Mats and tint! How times have changed, I got nothing, zero. Not a keychain, not a coffee cup. Zero. I was so pissed I had them take the ugly dealership advertising off the rear. Hate the free advert on cars....madness really.

Good dealing and get the front end covered! Mine looks like hell from the rocks in Calgary.....bloody Deerfoot....been on it ten times only.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 AM
I still didnt let them put the advertising on the rear, ruins the clean look.

Yea I probably should do the 3M... if i had gotten any other color than white it would already be on. But like even in the showroom at the dealership the edge was so noticeable even from a little ways back.

Been driving it for a few days and everything is very nice, a huge difference from the prelude I used to have and a good one for sure. Its somehow still clean as well... not sure how that happened!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Mats and tint! How times have changed, I got nothing, zero. Not a keychain, not a coffee cup. Zero. I was so pissed I had them take the ugly dealership advertising off the rear. Hate the free advert on cars....madness really.

Good dealing and get the front end covered! Mine looks like hell from the rocks in Calgary.....bloody Deerfoot....been on it ten times only.
I ordred my car new and told them NO STICKER... after I took delivery and drove it home I noticed they had slapped one on anyway. I phoned them and gave them sh!t... but I wasn't willing to drive out there to have them take it off, it took about 10 mins with a hair dryer to get it off the car.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I ordred my car new and told them NO STICKER... after I took delivery and drove it home I noticed they had slapped one on anyway. I phoned them and gave them sh!t... but I wasn't willing to drive out there to have them take it off, it took about 10 mins with a hair dryer to get it off the car.
I was behind a Honda CRV yesterday, he had a the dealer name on his front and rear plate, rear door, and on the front door area just in front of the side mirrors. Never before seen the side mirror area used. The vehicle was from a small town in Saskatchewan, perhaps a regional thing.

The worst dealer stickers are the ones I see around from some 4x4 Ford truck dealer in Alberta. Right across the rear window, the dealer name. Does them no good, for I cannot recall the dealer name, so a waste of money advertising-wise.