In with the new & out with the old

Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Question In with the new & out with the old

Now, I finally have my Fit. I need to get rid of my '99 Honda Civic. It's a drivable write-off. Could any one suggest where and/or how to sell my car for parts only?

I'm considering in getting an after-market sun roof for my Fit. I've heard it's not recommended to get it due to possible leaks. Is this true?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 PM
There's a fellow from Vancouver, Guinness, that has a webasto one (look in for sale local as he's thinking of selling his Fit). They have an installer in Edm; don't know about Calgary or experience level.

Honda main page

Old 10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Firenice

Now, I finally have my Fit. I need to get rid of my '99 Honda Civic. It's a drivable write-off. Could any one suggest where and/or how to sell my car for parts only?

I'm considering in getting an after-market sun roof for my Fit. I've heard it's not recommended to get it due to possible leaks. Is this true?
I happen to have a 97 civic what is damaged on yours, I may be interested in some parts and can probably help you part it out if needed.

I am very knowledgeable about them and can tell you what is worth money and help if anything needs to be removed.

Before removing parts, I'd probably call the kidney foundation to see if they would take away a car that is not driveable and missing a bunch of parts.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
I happen to have a 97 civic what is damaged on yours, I may be interested in some parts and can probably help you part it out if needed.

I am very knowledgeable about them and can tell you what is worth money and help if anything needs to be removed.

Before removing parts, I'd probably call the kidney foundation to see if they would take away a car that is not driveable and missing a bunch of parts.
Most of the damage is on the passenger side ie. the door is dented in, the side view mirror has been removed, paint from the side view mirror has been scraped onto the window, a few deep scrapes... I just know the superficial damages. As for the engine not sure. I know the timing and fan belt needs to be changed. Let me know if you are interested in taking a look at it.

I looked into the Kidney Foundation FAQ website on donating a car. They will only take cars that are complete even if it's not drivable.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah I thought so, if you part it out you need to make sure you get your money's worth and it gives you a bit of money as well as the tow bill to take it to pick n pull to get dumped after.

Send me a pm of where you live, I'd like to have a look since my coupe could use a few exterior body parts or we could maybe work something out if I removed some or most of the parts you want to sell in exchange for a few that I would keep.

let me know

Etienne