AJR Spring Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
AJR Spring Sale

FYI everyone - Better prices than at Xmas...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...r-special.html

Maybe if it last past the 17th I can afford something (bit of an expensive month for me).
Thinking about the header and springs/? Seems to be mostly axle backs, stuff I don't need/want, and non-performance things in the for sale thread.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Biggest bang for your buck with the Fit is hands down, Springs.... and Tanabe GF210's are the best you can get for the GD3. The T1R's are not as good, I have ridden on a few different brands for the Fit and for sure you want the Tanabe springs. haha, I know it is just an opinion... but trust me on this!

The T1R chamber intakes have a good record of performing well, I like the design of it as well.

That throttle controller looks interesting. That might be a good investment. The price is very reasonable on it.

Don't bother with the crank pulley, I have the Unorthodox Racing one (which is lighter) in my car and I did not feel any difference over stock. It is a pain in the ass to install, expensive and frankly not worth it.

The header is pretty good, I ran the T1R header in my car for about a year. Very good quality, I still run their full 50S exhuast system and I have been happy with it.

I would stay away from that clutch, there was a few problems reported on here with it just being an OEM one. Also J's parts.... ever since that scandal with AJR & J's I just don't have confidence anymore in what is going on, but that is another thread so I won't get into it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 04-10-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Any fitment issues with the T1R header? The WeaponR appears to be very similar for about the same $350 shipped price (once into Canada) IIRC. The T1R lines up exactly unlike the minor fitment issue I've read about on FF re the WeaponR?

I've read on FF that you cannot re-install the heat shield (essentially have short ram CAI) - can you with the WeaponR? Haven't looked into pricing for a ceramic coating either but more $ on top.

I'd like to just confirm I'm not going to have any rubbing issues with the wider wheel/tyre set up I got off Tire Bob before I look at springs. (Circuit 10's & RE-11's - why Rota lists Slips on their web site, but doesn't apparently make them for Fits...)

The S coils sure seem cheaper in price (sale/used). Do they sag/settle more or something? (maybe PM me - I don't want to discuss too much product negatives on a public forum). Yeefit really recommended a spring upgrade too, and I do notice stopped in left hand turn lanes that vehicles driving by can rock the car never mind a car full of people or bikes. I did talk a bit with someone from GTO about GF-210's briefly.

I've read the GF 210's only have a F/R ratio of 1.47. With the T1R FSB already in too I was thinking springs with a higher ratio would help make the car more neutral (oversteer/understeer). I really noticed the car pushing/understeering while practicing on Ghost Resevoir. Not sure of the quality of the Max air shocks others have used to tighten up the back (San Francisco); plus this year I'm not sure I want to be getting to the point where I'm trying to tune the car for different events/lots. Adjusting dampers/shocks, etc on top of tyre pressure.

Have you bought any of the el-cheapo 12V cigarette lighter air pumps from Cdn T or Walmart?

I figure I'll have enough challenge trying to drive consistent while getting as much out of the car as it is now this year. Plus seeing if I can maintain any gap to you as you improve this year I'm expecting you'll be faster with the year or two under your belt, aftermarket springs, and performance upgrades you have done. Plus given the skill level in the SASC (versus CSCC) and depending who shows up - I'll be happy not finishing last. Pro Solo only has 3 spots left! There was talk the May8/9 dates might be more of a local school/test and tune like the ASA is doing though too.

It's too bad Mr ET, JDMish or other locals dont' seem to have much interest in AutoX this year (I get the impression Mr ET at least would probably kick my but too - wonder if he signed up for the CSCC Solo 1 this year with the Civic last w/e?) Lots of event actually in Calgary this year too plus rumours of a big facility on par? with Edmonton's Namao or Saskatoon's CUC down in Ft Macleod too. Looks like more options than in a couple years?

While procrastinating from studying, I made up a spreadsheet of all the relatively local events. I can e-mail it too you if you PM me (not sure how to upload an excel sheet)

C

Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
T1R Response shorty header has extremely good fitment, aside from the fact you cannot reuse the heat shield.

Now with that said, I don't think you can reinstall the heat shield with any of the afermarket headers. But rest assured as it is not really an issue with the Fit as it does't get that hot anyway. I have never had a problem with mine, you won't need a ceramic coating.

I haven't use the WeaponR shorty header, but I have the Race header on my car now. Fitment was fair, just a little bit tough to get it in.... it eliminates the cat as well. Comparing the Race header the the Response header is easy, the WR Race header definetly takes the cake for power. I would assume the T1R and the WR shorty header are similar.

Just make sure you get the +45 offset and you will be fine to run 205's on 15" tires. I personally run Rota Circuit 8's on my car. Bob should be able to hook you up with whatever you need. I know that the TSW Trackstars come with a +45 offset as well in case you don't want to go with Rota's.

As far as spring go... without talking down other brands, just trust me on the GF210's. They are the bomb, whomever did the work with setting the spring rates really knew what they were doing. If you are coming out the the event on the 8th and 9th of next month you can take my car for a rip, the springs are nothing short of amazing. To be honest I am not even looking into dampers right now because the car is just dialed in perfectly.

I have a cheapo air compressor, two cheapo impact guns and a heavy duty ARB compressor too I just picked up for this year. The impact guns are awesome, somebody even made a video when I was pulling off a tire last weekend for somebody because they thought so highly of it.

DSCF3261.flv video by fraserbrown1986 - Photobucket

I will probably see you at the first SASC event, will will have to chat more!