Replica Mugen Window Visors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Replica Mugen Window Visors

I recall someone is offering replica Mugen window visors for the GE8. Please PM me.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-26-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
YOu sure u wanna go Mugen? I thought the OEM one looks much cleaner =\

I had replica on my GD before, poor quality - not worth the money and would spend the extra on the real deal

Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Guinness

I had replica on my GD before, poor quality - not worth the money and would spend the extra on the real deal
Benggolf was asking around for me...thanks for the quality report

Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the feedback Guinness. As Taffeta Fit already explained, he is the one interested in the Mugen window visors.

My car has CF door pillars, so no window visors for me. Any lunch/dim sum meets?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
OEM the only way to go

Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Dim Sum always GOOD~ LOL. BUt let me shread off a few pounds first, all this early summer BBQ is killing me~ =P

Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Dim Sum always GOOD~ LOL. BUt let me shread off a few pounds first, all this early summer BBQ is killing me~ =P
Don't forget, we still have to eat pork BBQ with Java rice at Pinpin!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mugen666
I am also looking for the same thing. I know it's not the real thing, but damn, the Mugen stuff is expensive. The money I save can go towards more important things.
OK, lets put it this way. The visors you get should satisfy two criteria:

1) It fits on your car
2) You can open the windows and let air into the cabin on rainny days
3) You can open the windows just enough to let air circulate when you park

I have installed replicas before, because it only 30% of what the real thing cost (got it from HK. Unfortunately, the fitment is not perfect (Right side visors are bigger than left side but say 10-15mm). Edges are also rough.
Visors also fail to keep rain out when you open the windows... so totally defeat the purpose of having the visors.

So the question is, do you want to spend 30% of the cost just for "looks", or pay the full price for practicality? Honestly, if its the GE, the OEM is prolly nicer imo, and they work =)

Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, I can ask AJR for you tmr since I am heading to their shop =) I can take close up shots of my visors if you want, but mine is a GD =\

Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have 10 sets of replica mugen visors arriving by end of June. I can give fitfreakers a special price. $50 flat.

The replicas I get are NOT from Shenzhen, China. They come from Taiwan. I've sold many sets of OEM style and Mugen style window visors for 06+ Civic and GD3 Fit to several Honda Dealerships in town. I've never had a problem with the ones I bring in because they use 3M Adhesive. They also come with clips just like the real thing. In terms of how well they fit the GE, I want to find out as well so.........

The first person who would like to try out the fitment on their GE gets free installation by me.

You must be wondering how much the spill tray will be. Answer: Same price as the visors for local fitfreakers! If you wanna get both items together... of coz there's a deal.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ACfit
I have 10 sets of replica mugen visors arriving by end of June. I can give fitfreakers a special price. $50 flat.

The replicas I get are NOT from Shenzhen, China. They come from Taiwan. I've sold many sets of OEM style and Mugen style window visors for 06+ Civic and GD3 Fit to several Honda Dealerships in town. I've never had a problem with the ones I bring in because they use 3M Adhesive. They also come with clips just like the real thing. In terms of how well they fit the GE, I want to find out as well so.........

The first person who would like to try out the fitment on their GE gets free installation by me.

You must be wondering how much the spill tray will be. Answer: Same price as the visors for local fitfreakers! If you wanna get both items together... of coz there's a deal.

Hiya! I'm interested in buying these Visors...
Pm me what you got left!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Like I said, so long you guys like what you buy, thats all good. Whats worth is really depending on the individual. IMO, ripping off original visor for wannabe is kinda interested (no offense).

I used mugen-like before and end up spending an extra 30% when i got the real thing. You guys do the judgement call.

ACFIT, you should be posting this on FS section.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Like I said, so long you guys like what you buy, thats all good. Whats worth is really depending on the individual. IMO, ripping off original visor for wannabe is kinda interested (no offense).

I used mugen-like before and end up spending an extra 30% when i got the real thing. You guys do the judgement call.

ACFIT, you should be posting this on FS section.
I absolutely agree with you. For those of you who don't want anything but perfection, definitely get the real thing for whatever it's supposed to cost.

However, everyone has their own priorities when it comes to spending money. Like me, I don't wanna spend money on Rota's or Sportmax or knockoff wheels. I only use Work Wheels (including my upcoming set in the near future). On the other hand, I used a replica window visor and rep grille and rep carbon spoiler. I think it looks pretty good even though it's not real and was satisfied with the quality/price.

Guess it depends on what's most important to you and how much money is in your bank account.

And yeah I'll post in the FS section next time. Thanks for reminding !

Last edited by ACfit; 05-28-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
+ Rep for you ACFit for agreeing with me. You will be surprise how many people get personal about such issues - and I aint saying anythign bad about the visors, just my unlucky experience =\

I am glad you see past it =)

Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
another approach to this dilemma is to cheap out on the exterior mods, like me
focus on making more power out of this Honda engine
for me when i drive my honda, it's when i take other cars by surprise, that feeling is priceless.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
LOL Spooling~ You are one scary driver~ I will definately stay the heck away from you =P

Set up a Richmond BBT Meet~ We should do it sometime this week before it rains again~

Old 05-28-2009, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spooling
another approach to this dilemma is to cheap out on the exterior mods, like me
focus on making more power out of this Honda engine
for me when i drive my honda, it's when i take other cars by surprise, that feeling is priceless.
I used to zoom past Fit and civic and pretty much all Honda's when I drove the chipped A4 a couple years ago. But the times that I feel threatened by Civics were those that probably had a turbo or supercharger or K20 B16 engine swap. Even being able to keep up behind the A4 when I was close to flooring it, in a Civic, was enough "threatening pressure"

The car that gave me the most "threatening pressure" one time was this RS4 cruising side by side me at 60km. Just knowing that it can be 3 blocks away from me in 2 secs is very threatening

Thanks for the rep Guiness!

Old 05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen666, share it with photos please.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen666, thanks for your trust in me~ I was by no means dissing other products, I was just sharing my experience and dont want others to follow my painful footsteps~ >.<

Now that you have the visors installed, lets all meet up on June 6th @ Burnaby. I am taking the show and shine as a FF meet ... at least I think I will be happier that way even if I dun win anything =P

Have you guys signup and fax in the registration yet?

Last edited by Guinness; 05-30-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
LOOKING GOOD~!!! YOu need Tint and a Drop~!! You want lowering springs? I have the T1R (used) sitting here and you can take em if you want =P

Quick Reply: Replica Mugen Window Visors