Replica Mugen Window Visors

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
nice mugen visor. i have OEMs ordered and on the way. You should at least tint the front triangle, it'll flow much better with those visors imo.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen666, been taking a close look at your OEM hood deflector. Would you mind measuring how far back from the front edge of the hood does the deflector cover.

Reason for my asking is because I picked up 2 stone dings on the hood 3.55" from the front edge and 11" off to the LH side of the hood center line (driver side) that I want to cover with the hood deflector, if possible.

I want to make sure the hood deflector will cover the dings before buying.
TIA for your help.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
Got a good place for tints. 180 for back windows + front triangle and eye brow. Just go to Kingsway. PM me for address~

Old 06-02-2009, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mugen666
Just read your message ten minutes ago. Went outside to measure the deflector. The narrowest part is 4+ inches from the leading edge and the widest part (centre) is about 5-1/4 inches from the leading edge. You can order the deflector from your local Honda dealer and see if it will work. If it doesn't, they should be able to take it back as long as you don't install the thing. I did the same thing with my deflector. I wasn't sure if it was a nice looking unit. The pics on Honda Canada's web site was lame. I let the parts guy know ahead of time what I planned to do and they said it was OK.
Thanks a million for your efforts Mugen666; much appreciated!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Got a good place for tints. 180 for back windows + front triangle and eye brow. Just go to Kingsway. PM me for address~
PH Solar Tint?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member

all back windows front windows plus lil trinagles

200 bux

shades in port moody

Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kevvur
PH Solar Tint?
Bingo~

And if the job is not done right, they give u priority to do everythign all over again. Just let them know Guinness and Fit of Rage refer u - obviously use our real names =P

Last edited by Guinness; 06-03-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 AM
GD3
5 Year Member
mugen style window visors for GE8

I found some mugen style window visors on sale for GE8 in Canada

Kplayground – Civic Type R & Mugen style body kits, window visors, carbon fibre auto accessory

Old 06-16-2009, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
Replicas are replicas are replicas are replicas... imo of cos =\

Old 06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by mugen666
Well, I broke down and purchased the authentic Mugen visors. I can tell you now that it has got to be one of the best things I've spent my money on. The quality and fit is beyond what I was expecting. I always had faith in "Made in Japan" stuff. This is no exception. The comparison between Ventshade and knock offs, and Mugen is like comparing a Revel/Monogram plastic model kit to a Tamiya kit. Night and day. I am very happy with my purchase. Guinness, you da man! Thank you for pointing me to the right place. The people at AJR were very helpful. Great service. I drooled over the stuff they had on display.

Edit: Although the instructions were in Japanese, the install was pretty straight forward. The visors look awesome on the car.
thanks now i know which visors to get for my car

Old 06-16-2009, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Trademark violations are illegal. It's called counterfeiting, the theft of someone else's trademarks, ideas and products. Imagine yourself as a designer of a product, you worked to develop a product, invested millions of dollars in the business and the product, your developed a name and solid reputation and then investment began paying off, you are now making money from your idea, work and sacrifice. Now imagine someone else making a crappy coy of your product, slapping your name on it, and you don't get a single penny from the copy and suddenly no one wants to buy your genuine item anymore because crappy copies are cheaper and they have flooded the market to the point where everyone thinks your real item is as crappy as the fake. The fake has cost you millions of dollars and destroyed everything you have worked for. Imagine going to a job where you work your butt off, and someone else takes your name and then your credit and your reward for the job and you get nothing. How does that feel?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
It is illegal to counterfeit or infringe on someone elses product, and the original company can file copyright charges for these reasons. On the other hand, a company can get permission to use a design or idea from the person or company that owns the rights, produce a product that is not exactly the same, and offer it at the price point of their choice, which is often less than the original. IMO...If Mugen has not given the rights for these visors, or any other of their products, to be replicated, I think they would most likey file charges and take these "knock off" maufacturers to the cleaners. BTW, I buy the Walgreens brand of allergy medication...it's half of the name brand price...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 PM
My questions is are the mugen ones better than the honda OEM. I do like the sound
of sound be reduced but is it significant? Rain block also?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jzone99
My questions is are the mugen ones better than the honda OEM. I do like the sound
of sound be reduced but is it significant? Rain block also?
OEM gives you a cleaner look on the car as the visors flushes with the body. I believe the color of the tinting of the visors are lighter than the mugens - about 75% light penetration

The mugen ones are more aggressive, and suppose to give better air flow without producing more wind noise. The color is darker than OEMs - roughly 50% light penetration.

Both OEM and Mugen are good quality.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
OEM gives you a cleaner look on the car as the visors flushes with the body. I believe the color of the tinting of the visors are lighter than the mugens - about 75% light penetration

The mugen ones are more aggressive, and suppose to give better air flow without producing more wind noise. The color is darker than OEMs - roughly 50% light penetration.

Both OEM and Mugen are good quality.[/quote]

Thanks for that info it will help. I know you used the words "suppose to". I feel as though for 140 more I'd like some assurance. Has anyone here ever driven in a few Fits with mugen and another with OEM Stock visors and could they tell the difference? I'm saing I'd like "wow" difference for the price difference. I would pay.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
I think its hard to get a WOW feeling because whats WOW is really personal... its like seeing a $3K turbo kit installed on a fit and eventually seeing that $3K Turbo kit showing on your credit card statement...two types of WOW (first is joy, follow by shock and awe).

I know Benggolf had OEM visors (took it off after installing OEM CF Pillar garnish) and it was nice and clean. I personally use the Mugen Visors and I like the way its on my GD...

The bottom line is, what you pay is what you will get. I remember someone with replica visors (stick on with 3M tape) and the visors were washed off when it went into those touchless carwash *ahem* - imagine if that happen when you are cruising down the highway in heavy rain =\

In my humble opinion, I think OEM and Mugen visors looks great, it all depends on what you want: aggressive (Mugen) or clean (OEM)

Last edited by Guinness; 09-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I know Benggolf had OEM visors (took it off after installing OEM CF Pillar garnish) and it was nice and clean. I personally use the Mugen Visors and I like the way its on my GD.

Correction please, never installed any visors as OEM CF Door Pillar Garnish was one of the first mods done on the car.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I have the Mugen replicas, and love 'em!